My DeLorean declaired "unsafe" at the Pavilions

3,503 lbs of trouble

To get us back on track.....

I am positive that if you drove this gold DMC, you would have no problems at all.....

golddelorean5dd.th.jpg :cool

I'd ask you to name that museum, but there wouldn't be a prize-I'm sure you already know where it is.....

Melissa

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

• Desertdawg

• BSeery

• anmracing

3,503 lbs of trouble
To get us back on track.....

I am positive that if you drove this gold DMC, you would have no problems at all.....

golddelorean5dd.th.jpg  :cool

I'd ask you to name that museum, but there wouldn't be a prize-I'm sure you already know where it is.....

Melissa

It can only be one of three places, since there were only three gold DeLoreans. The National Automobile Museum in Reno, The Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, or The Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum in Cleveland.

VINs 4300 & 4301, both '81 models, were both ordered out of the 1981 American Express Christmas catalog. VIN 20105, an '83 model and the final DeLorean produced off the assembly line, was made of spare parts leftover from 4300 & 4301.

* VIN 4300 resides in The National Automobile Museum in Reno. It has tan saddle leather interior, so it could be that one.

* VIN 4301, also known as The Snyder Bank car, now resides in The Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles, but it has a black interior, so it's not that one.

* VIN 20105 is privately owned in Hancock, MD, but was once on display at the The Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum in Cleveland. It too has tan saddle leather interior, so it could be that one as well.

My guess is the car in the picture is VIN 4300 in The National Automobile Museum in Reno. My question is, what the hell is that gull wing car behind it???

Dan, you never knew this much useless info about corvettes when you owned one, are you biased????

Maybe you better paint that thing black, so no one will notice it when you (**IF**) you ever cruise it with us... :wub

3,503 lbs of trouble
Dan, you never knew this much useless info about corvettes when you owned one, are you biased????

I've acquired a lot of useless Vette knowledge trust me!:lol

Maybe you better paint that thing black, so no one will notice it when you (**IF**) you ever cruise it with us... :wub

First it should be white, and now BLACK?!? By the way, I've already gone on an A.C.E. cruise with it. Your Crossfire lunch cruise.

web_100105-29.jpg

My guess is the car in the picture is VIN 4300 in The National Automobile Museum in Reno.

My question is, what the hell is that gull wing car behind it???

Ding ding ding-we have a winner. Like that was hard or something. :rolleyes

I've forgotten what the other car was.....I'll have to see if I've got another pic of it. Although, now that I look at the pic again, I'm pretty sure I won't. That thing looks goofy! I'm not inclined to take pics of goofy looking cars.... Hope you didn't think that car was the bomb or anything.... :crazy

Melissa

3,503 lbs of trouble

More useless gold DeLorean facts.

* VIN 4301, also known as The Snyder Bank car, is known as that because the president of the Snyder National Bank of Texas, Roger Mize, ordered the car out of the 1981 American Express Christmas catalog after his secretary showed it to him, and jokingly told him he should buy it. He thought it would make such a good attraction and promotional item as a conversation piece for the lobby, and be a good investment too, that he used his AmEx card to purchase the $85K DeLorean. The car has seven miles on it, but has never had any fluids such as oil, coolant, AT fluid, brake fluid or gas, placed in it. 4301 now resides in The Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.

http://bigtexas.com/dmc/

* VIN 20105, as mentioned, was the final DeLorean produced off the assembly line and was made of spare parts leftover from 4300 & 4301. The only spare gold plated part they didn't have on hand was a door, so they had another one gold plated, but the color and grain of that door is not a perfect match for the other seven previously plated panels. 20105 was raffled off by a subsidiary of a company called "Consolidated". Consolidated was earlier brought in by the British government to take over operations of the Dunmurry factory as things were going down the tubes in 1982. My car, 16192 was either assembeled or completed under Consolidated. 20105 has less than 800 miles on it, and is currently estimated to be worth between $225K & $250K. The current owner made the mistake of leasing it to the Charlotte International Speedway for display at an event where, even with security present, someone was still able to scratch the car with a knife. The scratch has been left in place because to repair the 24 karat gold panel could cost over $24K, and a repaired panel, again, may not match the original panels very well after repair. There is a plaque affixed to 20105 that states it was the last car assembled at the factory, and that it's the only DeLorean with tan saddle leather interior. This is incorrect. VIN 4300, one of the two original gold DeLoreans, also has tan saddle leather interior. The tan saddle leather interior was possibly going to be an option offered on '84 models, as was a twin turbo option, but DMC didn't last long enough.

http://www.times-news.com/articles/2005/09...eral/news90.txt

I don't know jack about VIN 4300, the one in Melissa's pic, other than it's the only 5 speed of the three, and has like 1,400 miles on it.

I wish I knew that much info about myself.....

Good write up. I didn't know that about the gold DeLoreans....

Andrew

Dan,

That white Delorean had my son and me in stiches. Of coures Shawn,my son, Knew all about the Delorean gold cars. He's still saving for his first Delorean.He just got his driver's permit last week. Says the corvette drives SOoooooo much better than the astro van he's going to be driving. Smart kid!!!

Thom

ps: I didn't take the crossfire jab personal

3,503 lbs of trouble
Dan,

That white Delorean had my son and me in stiches. Of coures Shawn,my son, Knew all about the Delorean gold cars. He's still saving for his first Delorean.He just got his driver's permit last week. Says the corvette drives SOoooooo much better than the astro van he's going to be driving. Smart kid!!!

Thom

ps: I didn't take the crossfire jab personal

I can't take credit for Dwayne's Photochop skillz.rolleyes5.gif:lol

By the way, if Shawn is interested, he is welcome to join AZ-D, The Arizona DeLorean Club. You do not need to own a DeLorean to be a member, only an enthusiast. It's $25.00 per year for non owners. That's half of what we owners pay. Here's our Web site:

http://www.AZ-d.org/

It's a good way to learn all about the car, and the ownership experience before taking the plunge. We have had other teenage non owners in the club. Owner or non-owner, every member is treated equally. We have even found that the non-owners are often more enthusiastic than actual owners. Also, there are several Corvette owners in AZ-D, so if it's a club you and Shawn wanted to participate in together, you and your Vette would be very welcome.

Something to think about.