Dyno Day October 05 Results!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Guest AZ Power & Sound

First off, id like to thank you all for coming out! I had a blast and loved getting to know you guys and have fun with the cars!

The official winners were

Highest dyno - Glen Pillar with 525.81 rwhp / 551.92 rwtq

Lowest dyno - Thom Simpson with 169.55 rwhp / 224.05 rwtq!

Unofficial winner for highest dyno was Phil but he was unable to make it and after him, myself but I dont count :lol

and Heres the rest!

brianseery.jpg

Bryan Seery - 257.11 HP / 306.51 TQ

chriswaymire.jpg

Chris Waymire - 509.06 rwhp / 440.87 tq

dwaynetomoko.jpg

Dwayne Tomko - 204.60 rwhp / 296.01 rwtq

Earlbalentine.jpg

Earl Balentine - 335.32 rwhp / 345.17 rwtq

Glenpillar.jpg

Glen Pillar - 525.81 rwhp / 551.92 rwtq - noticable wheelspin until 4600 rpm

jaycline.jpg

Jay Cline - 404.98 rwhp / 361.43 tq

joemach.jpg

Joe Mach - 273.75 rwhp / 303.33 rwtq

kenstalzer.jpg

Ken Stalzer - 425.79 rwhp / 385.91 rwtq

michaelhemmingsen.jpg

Michael Hemmingsen - 201.39 rwhp / 288.69 tq

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• ICULUKN

• Togo

• 92ZR1Wannabe

Guest AZ Power & Sound

mikeoconnor2.jpg

Arizona Power & Sound(Mike) - 419.84 rwhp / 387.72 rwtq motor :: 557.92 rwhp / 529.96 torque nitrous - severe wheelspin up top :)

richpagoria.jpg

Rich Pagoria - 341.08 rwhp / 337.03 rwtq

rickminnis.jpg

Rick Minnis - 345.82 rwhp / 328.83 tq (airfuel not operational)

tanyacegielski.jpg

Tanya Cegielski - 311.54 rwhp / 302.54 rwtq (torque spike made the dyno register high)

thomsimpson.jpg

Thom Simpson - 169.55 rwhp / 244.05 rwtq

timsmith.jpg

Tim Smith - 305.94 rwhp / 320.72 rwtq

Here's a few pics I took. Sorry for the poor quality they were taken with my camera phone.

Photo_101505_030.jpg

Photo_101505_021.jpg

Photo_101505_041.jpg

Photo_101505_012.jpg

Photo_101505_005.jpg

Photo_101505_003.jpg

You mention that Phil's numbers where higher. Can you show his graph?

Thanks for hosting the event - I am sure all of us had a great time letting you abuse our cars :D :thumbs

SPECIAL NOTE:

If you would like your HP / TQ numbers added below your avatar, let me know. I will change your user profile to show the numbers that are listed above.

By looking at the graphs, I might be a good candidate for the prize of running the richest air/fuel mix.

DANG that pig was rich on the top end. Time to lean that baby out and put new plugs in it.

Also looks like Joe's 1992 and my 1980 are still pretty close to equal. He's got me by 16 HP, I've got him by 1 lb / tq.

Joe -- looks like we need to run them side by side again.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
You mention that Phil's numbers where higher. Can you show his graph?

Thanks for hosting the event - I am sure all of us had a great time letting you abuse our cars :D :thumbs

SPECIAL NOTE:

If you would like your HP / TQ numbers added below your avatar, let me know. I will change your user profile to show the numbers that are listed above.

phildyno.JPG

575 rwhp / 475 rwtq

Man what a blast today. Big Thanks goes out to Mike and crew for all the work today.

I would also like to thank BIg Ken for the run....Have your steak knife ready.... :thumbs

I didn't get the lowest numbers, which is good because I don't have $500 to make the $50 off coupon active.

Can't wait for the next AZ Power & Sound day... :party

Guest XLR8TNC5

I had a BLAST!!!!!! Got to dyno the Vette and the Titan! Dwayne, Im downloading the pics of your car now and then I will post them here as well.

Mike, you are awesome! Nic, it was a pleasure to finally put a face to the name! Everyone, it was nice to see you all come out for the event.

Take it easy all,

Tanya

post-2-1129445772.jpg

Guest XLR8TNC5

Here is yet another. Dwayne, I have quite a few if you want to send me your email addy and I can send you the rest.

Tanya

:thumbs

post-2-1129445916.jpg

By looking at the graphs, I might be a good candidate for the prize of running the richest air/fuel mix.

DANG that pig was rich on the top end. Time to lean that baby out and put new plugs in it.

Also looks like Joe's 1992 and my 1980 are still pretty close to equal. He's got me by 16 HP, I've got him by 1 lb / tq.

Joe -- looks like we need to run them side by side again.

Im just happy that my 119k mile motor is still merrily pumping out the ponies.

:)

On a side note, me little antenna mishap looks like its only gonna cost me about 40 bucks. Mid America sells the masts with the tapes for $40 , so you don't have to spend 100+ on the whole antenna / motor setup. :ack

Hey Tanya , what did the Titan dyno at?

On a side note, me little antenna mishap looks like its only gonna cost me about 40 bucks. Mid America sells the masts with the tapes for $40 , so you don't have to spend 100+ on the whole antenna / motor setup. :ack

I missed this one -- what happened?

I was very pleased to see my cam only engine with 100,000 on it make 345 RWHP.

That should be a comforting thought for us with the LS type engines.

Next up is the LS6 intake, longtubes and get the N2O tuned in.

Mike, the tune you guys performed was an immitiate improvement in drivabilty. The low and mid range pull is very linear which I like alot. Thanks. :thumbs

On a side note,  me little antenna mishap looks like its only gonna cost me about 40 bucks.  Mid America sells the masts with the tapes for $40 , so you don't have to spend 100+ on the whole antenna / motor setup.  :ack

Ahmmmm

Attack of the carwash?

I was in dire need of a carwash before the car made an apperance, only one i could find was a nontouchless wheel of death kind.

I was sitting there for like 5 min waiting for the car ahead of me to get done ,, STARING at the stupid sign that says "Make sure antenna is down" ... Did not even think about it cause i could not hear my stereo so i figured it was off.

Get the car washed and head down baseline, look in the rear view mirror and to my horror the antenna was pointed straight back !! lol

So I pull over and do some quick straightining and got it to go 3/4 of the way down, but it still needs replaced cause it cracked the base of it.

:toetap:toetap:toetap:toetap

On a side note,  me little antenna mishap looks like its only gonna cost me about 40 bucks.  Mid America sells the masts with the tapes for $40 , so you don't have to spend 100+ on the whole antenna / motor setup.  :ack

knucklehead bent his antenna (i think at the car wash) before he showed up yesterday! :banghead

Guest XLR8TNC5

Dwayne,

What is your email addy?

The Titan dyno'd "conservatively, in 2nd gear" at 260rwhp and 307tq. YIPPEE!!! It is rated at 305/379. So, not bad at all. Now, let's see what happens when we get the intake and exhaust on there. lol.

Again, a GREAT GREAT time was had. I could spend everyday in a shop just dynoing cars I had so much fun. Talking cars, walking around cars, checking out the cars, LISTENING to the cars....it was awesome.

Then, it was great to finish the day off at Hooters with some Daytona wings. Yeah baby!

RICMIN, yet again we missed each other. Which black vette were you? Maybe one of these days we will actually put a face to the name. ;)

Tanya

EDIT: Mike, your techs did a great job hooking all of our cars up. Please let them know I said THANK YOU!

Well it looks like you all had fun. So who took advantage of Nic's tuning?

I did look out the plane to see if anyone was there early at AZ Power & Sound on my way out to Dallas. No luck seeing about 10 Corvettes or so.

Until the next event, drive safe but have fun :burnout

Phil... :devil

Guest waymirec

I only got to take partial advantage of Nic's tunning skills due to their lack of a Wideband. They're hoping to have one Monday or Tuesday at which time i'll go back down and they can finish. Nic did some general cleanup of the tune but without the Wideband he wasnt able to fully un-fuck Xtreme's tune so I have to wait a couple of days. Should be interesting to see what he is able to do. I KNEW it wasn't running like it should but could never get Xtreme to do more then brush me off (which is quite sad considering the money I dropped in their store).

Well it looks like you all had fun. So who took advantage of Nic's tuning?

I had him do a tuneup on mine. The idle was much better and also the low and midrange power was greatly improved. :)

I only got to take partial advantage of Nic's tunning skills due to their lack of a Wideband. They're hoping to have one Monday or Tuesday at which time i'll go back down and they can finish. Nic did some general cleanup of the tune but without the Wideband he wasnt able to fully un-fuck Xtreme's tune so I have to wait a couple of days. Should be interesting to see what he is able to do. I KNEW it wasn't running like it should but could never get Xtreme to do more then brush me off (which is quite sad considering the money I dropped in their store).

i am pretty sure Nic looked at Glenns car also - but don't know if anything was done.

seems that both you and glenn need to switch shops and tuners - Extreme has never been a fave of glenn's and now no fave of yours!

and in my opinion, ADS couldn't tune my mountain bike - for god sakes - for all the money that glenn spends there, his car should be able to FLY (literally)

perhaps the both of you should learn a lesson from this and glenn needs to remove that sticker from his rear window - and get a new t-shirt.

we were poking fun - glenns setup putting down 525 - and then advertisins for ADS - i would be embarrassed both as glenn and as ADS to advertise those numbers for that setup.

Do you know how tough it is to find free hosts for files over 10-15 MB??

Anyway my site isn't up yet so can someone try this link and see if it works??

It should be Tanya's dyno run!!

Tanya's run

Ken

You need Quicktime because my little camera saves in .MOV

Dial up BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!

If this works I can upload the movies I have and link by names??

I have

My POS, it didn't blow a small block at 7000 rpm

Plus

Black C5 w/Vortec

Red C6

Mike's '87

Joe's ZR1 wannabee

Smitty's yellow bumble bee

Silver 383 LT-4

700 HP's loudest run of the day

and a couple of glenn's runs

Damn guys I only had a 256 MB card with me!!

Ken

Guest Sidewinder

Had a BLAST!! Thanks to Mike and the crew at AZ Power and Sound (The de-xtremers). The Titan will make more on the next dyno.

Ken the link is broken.