Toys for Tots Poker run

BSeery

Bryan and Tracy Seery will be hosting yet another poker run. Unlike the 2 we've hosted in the past for the Brain Aneurysm Foundation, this will be for the Toys For Tot's / Marine Corps campaign.

October 29th, 9:00 a.m. at Krispy Kreme at Arizona Mills, leave by 9:30.

The entry fee will be either 1 unwrapped toy per person or $15.00. We would prefer you bring a present. Since this is for charity and this will be more of a "for fun" poker run there will not be the big prizes like we had in the past. Prizes will be items donated from other ACE members or we may just do small "trophy" prizes, but it won't be anything grand like in the past.

This event will be all about starting our 2005 Toys for Tots campaign. Last year we collected a pretty good amount of toys and only held one heavily rained on event. This year we will have 3 - 4 events so the contributions to the Marine Corp's Toys for Tots should be outstanding.

The poker run will be a 7 stop event with the best 5 cards for each player to determine the winning order. Like I said above this will not be about winning prizes but more about contributing to the Toys for Tots, having a great cruise with some fun and lunch all mixed together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we don't see too much interest in this we will not run it. I will watch here and see how much interest this picks up this week. I will make a decision on or before the 25th as to if this will run or not.

I am thinking a decent length trip that will take us in the Superior, Winkelman, Mammoth, Oracle, Oracle Junction, Florence, Coolidge, San Tan, Chandler route. This will have a lunch along the way along with 6 other poker stops. Looking at a 9:30 a.m. start and will probably go to around 3 - 4 ish.

Let me know if you are interested.

ToysForTotsMarine.jpgt4t.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BSeery

• 1EvilC5

• anmracing

• anmracing2

I have worked one and participated in one and they are always a great time! Consider me in! :thumbs

Just a note to some of the newbies around here. This is a huge amount of work for Bryan and Tracy. They will need help planning and running the event. Trust me, I've done both work and participate and it can be equally as much fun. Working a card stop is alot of fun because you really get to meet and BS with more people than when you participate. Let's all support Bryan, Tracy's efforts for a great cause!

Interested, what dates did you have in mind? To be honest, I have no interest in the "poker run" aspect of the cruise. Just looking forward to hanging out with you all again and donating to a good cause.

KnK

Bryan, That sound like loads of fun. I would love to help at one of the stops. Let me know when so I can request the day off. We won't be driving the Vette, I still don't trust the brakes for that legnth of driving but the GTO is a good cruiser.

Give me a call and let me know what I need to do.... I have never participated in one of these, are you doing some type of flyers or hand outs? Is this an all makes type of cruise or primarily Vettes?

Sorry for all the ???'s I'm a newbie at all of this..... ;)

Andrew

I have worked one and participated in one and they are always a great time! Consider me in! :thumbs

Just a note to some of the newbies around here. This is a huge amount of work for Bryan and Tracy. They will need help planning and running the event. Trust me, I've done both work and participate and it can be equally as much fun. Working a card stop is a lot of fun because you really get to meet and BS with more people than when you participate. Let's all support Bryan, Tracy's efforts for a great cause!

Well thanks to Eddie !!

Yeah, last year's event was big -- I started working on an October event in February.

Not this time though. After two years of busting ass and then actually missing the great cruise I mapped out, I am doing things differently this time.

This time there will be no workers at stops. We all go together, like a normal cruise. We all stop, myself and a few volunteers will probably deal with the cards and paperwork, and then we all get back in the cars and go to the next stop. Also, there won't be the "buying of cards" at the end to improve the hands. While that was a GREAT money raiser it was a bit of a pain in the arse and wouldn't work with this "on the fly" format. We will do 7 stops, 7 draws and the best 5 card hand wins. We may even have a wild card that won't be announced until the end -- we'll see ;) .

So, if this sounds like what others would like to do, than I will plan on putting it together.

Remember - this is for Toys For Tot's. Please bring one unwrapped toy or $15 per hand / person. I hope to get enough toys to really help the Marine Corps, even more so this year with what has happened to the kids in the Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi and other places affected by the hurricanes.

I will try and get a few prizes for the winners - (maybe a free ACE shirt / hat).

Bryan, That sound like loads of fun. I would love to help at one of the stops. Let me know when so I can request the day off. We won't be driving the Vette, I still don't trust the brakes for that length of driving but the GTO is a good cruiser.

Give me a call and let me know what I need to do.... I have never participated in one of these, are you doing some type of flyers or hand outs? Is this an all makes type of cruise or primarily Vettes?

Sorry for all the ???'s I'm a newbie at all of this..... ;)

Andrew

No flyers or handouts -- this was spur of the moment, no planning and will be done on the fly.

This will be primarily an ACE event, but for those who's Vettes are under the weather (Eddie, Andrew, etc) or are between Vettes (Dan W., Chad, etc) you are welcome to come along. Someone used to go to these events in a Toyota so we can't be too picky.

Dates -- October 29th -- Krispy Kreme at Arizona Mills, meet at 9:00 - leave by 9:30 (ish).

3,503 lbs of trouble
...or are between Vettes (Dan W., Chad, etc) you are welcome to come along.

I do still have a conflict. The Ferrari club is holding it's big annual charity Italian show at The Boulders Resort that day, and the Pantera club is participating, so being their Webmaster I feel a little obligated to participate, plus I'm on the fence about entering the DeLorean (Yes, it's Italian by design, so it's eligible).

Chances are I will just intercept you guys during the Poker Run after the show, or meet you all at conclusion if everyone is going to sit down somewhere for dinner.

Cant make it. Its Kingpins daughters b-day and I have already committed to her. I would like to donate though

This will be primarily an ACE event, but for those who's Vettes are under the weather (Eddie, Andrew, etc) or are between Vettes (Dan W., Chad, etc) you are welcome to come along.  Someone used to go to these events in a Toyota so we can't be too picky.

Would this be the one?

Cant make it. Its Kingpins daughters b-day and I have already committed to her. I would like to donate though

There will be plenty more times to bring toys or make a donation.

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in Bryan...Might as well get one more run on the old tires before I slap on the new ones!!!!

Michael

Heck, Ill just go to donate and do the run/cruise. We don't need no stinking badges, I mean cards....:D

T

Yeah - that's basically the cruise right there.

I am not even sure I will have a map, places to stop or an idea for lunch.

It may be more of a mystery cruise than a poker run. This time it's all a mystery to everyone, including me.

any more takers ???

We should be able to make it. Also invited some friends, not sure if they will show or not.

KnK