Now, that's what Im talking about!

Guest XLR8TNC5

I know who the passenger wasn't! :D Speaking of Mark, what did he say? :lol: :lol:

Did you use the first half a tank getting there? :eek:

3,503 lbs of trouble

Congratulations, you have a bigger pair than I. The fastest I ever took a C5 was just about 140 before the chicken in me began clucking. It was 2AM on the GM DPG test track, and my fear of hitting a coyote or some unexpected catastrophic mechanical failure occuring overtook my sense of adventure. Had something like that happened it would have been a hard one to explain to the boss considering I was not allowed to go over 100. Well, and that's only if I could still talk after such an incident.

If my '79 had the power to get there, I don't know which I'd encounter first. Tire failure or flight.

If my '79 had the power to get there, I don't know which I'd encounter first. Tire failure or flight.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Mark was the passenger and he is the one who made the suggestion. I plan to do a top speed run out at the "old proving grounds," but we will see what happens. All I can say is "Great googlies johosafat!" I have bungee jumped, ridden the scariest rollar coasters in the country, and drag raced for a lot of years, and I'm telling you right now, none of it compared to the feeling of driving 167mph. I truly was impressed with the car and how it handled.

I expected some float, but got none at all. (how is that for grammar?) I expected some steering difficulty, but it was tight all the way through. The only thing I noticed, that I did not like was the wind noise! That was just plain freaky!

It was an incredible ride! ;) It is officially the fastest I have ever been in any car. Before that it was 146mph in my GST. And to just know that I was the one driving when I did that fast is dead on proof, I am in the wrong damn profession. lol.

Tanya

Hmm. Everytime I see that pic, I want to go out and beat that speed. Then I stop at the jack in the box and get a milkshake.. Damn shakes!

3,503 lbs of trouble

Depends, if it takes you a long time to get from 85 to 120 you would get the tire failure. Once you get about 120, your C3 without the front and rear spoiler may start doing some funky stuff. The rear ends like to lift first, or become light enough to loop around on a curve.

I have had the 1980 up in the 140+ range and all was good until I got to a curve. The steering still has some play and you have to steer and then wait for the car to change direction.

3,503 lbs of trouble
I plan to do a top speed run out at the "old proving grounds," but we will see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi JAK,

We are from all over, well most of everyone lives in the valley. There are a few of us smart enough to live else where. I live in Gila Bend, (I know, not smart), but it does beat fighting all that traffic.

Mostly we are from all over the central part of the state, I'm sure the rest will chime in here when they figure out how to get out of the OT section... :lol:

Are you going to make it to the Poker Run????

Guest XLR8TNC5

Im in Litchfield Park. Way west side, or you could just say Eastern LA. lol. Nice to meet ya. You definitely gotta get hooked up to come out with us to the Poker Run.

Take it easy,

Tanya

What parts of AZ do you all live? I'm in Mesa.

The ACE folks are all over the Valley. Even one in Camp Verde and soon to be Chino Valley. I happen to be in NE Phx. Check out the upcoming Poker Run. Ought to be a load of fun and for a good charity. Also a great chance to meet most of us.

What parts of AZ do you all live? I'm in Mesa.

From Gilbert here. :howdy:

Hope you can make it out to one our events. Very easy group of Vette owners that love to have fun :burnout:

BTW - Nice looking ride. :thumbs: