This comming weekends project, and exhaust update

92ZR1Wannabe

92ZR1Wannabe

Well I got the car up on jackstands this weekend and went to start my exhaust install. 2 words..... NO GO.. 118k miles of heating and cooling have those bolts S-T-U-C-K. I worked around under the hood and most the exhaust manifold bolts broke loose pretty easily , its just the 6 bolts on the bottem of the manifolds (3 per side) going to the down pipes , and the flange bolts on the drivers side of the exhaust that are big time stuck.

So i went down this morning and made arrangments for my buddy Travis to take care of the catback / down pipes wed. morning. After thats taken care of ill get the headers on this weekend. (Actually not as bad as it first appeared).

On another note, Those of you that were with us on our Show Low cruise know that I ran into a brake problem half way to Show Low.. Turns out the master cylinder is fine, the front passenger caliper appears to be fine, fluid = JUNK. Reason the brake pedal went to the floor at the chevron station: After a hard run outa the canyon the brake fluid boiled, causing that caliper to drag slightly. :( ... To make sure this does not happen again all of these goodies arrived today.

dscf00419eu.jpg

I have 2 new calipers comming from midamerica also (just to be sure) :)

I figured this would be a great time to upgrade the rotors , i could feel one or more of them must be slightly warped anyway... Hawk pads are supposed to be some primo stuff. And the Powerbleeder..... worth its weight in gold. That one is brand new, but i borrowed one from my friend acouple of months ago when i was doing the brakes on my suburban.. Let me tell ya , 1 person bleeding is the great. It also makes flushing the system a snap.

Anyway , ill get some pics posted wed after the exhaust is on. Hopefully if everything goes good ill be able to hit the next cruise sounding good and stoping even better.

~Later~

Good luck with your project.

Went to replace my timing chain cover (new cover)only to realize they didn't send me a gasket. The kit included a gasket for the water pump and oil pan, put not the freaken cover itself. :banghead .

Keith

Good luck with your project.

Went to replace my timing chain cover (new cover)only to realize they didn't send me a gasket. The kit included a gasket for the water pump and oil pan, put not the freaken cover itself. :banghead .

Keith

You need a cam change gasket kit. It should have all the gaskets you need and then some left over for the future.

If you need anyone to stand around and watch the work being done, give us a call. Supervision is our middle name.... :P

Andrew

firebirdweekend9050011sy.th.jpg