Blower Cam Installed

1EvilC5

I had Mike at AZ Power & Sound install a Blower Cam the past week. He and his team did a fantastic job with the install and tune of the entire system.

In the final dyno pull, 1EvilC5 achieved 575 RWHP. I can not remember what the RWTQ ended up being (somewhere around 470). Was too excited with the new found horsepower to remember, and I forgot the dyno print outs. Mike baselined the car at 418 RWHP before the work. Nic the tuner found many opportunities, 157 to be exact, to improve the overall performance. Nic worked magic with his PC and knowledge to give me a new monster.

Mike can you post the dyno sheet with the before and after so I can have it online.

Thanks for all the work Mike, call me when you get the BMRs in so I can get them installed.

Peace Out... :devil

When are you guys going to learn how to buy some traction???? :smilelol

That is going to be next on the list. :D

Guest XLR8TNC5

SWEET! Yes, I do believe you made a very good choice going with AZ Power and Sound. Their customer service and knowledge seems to be right at the top of their game.

I can't wait to see your car in action now Phil.

And yes, Im with Dwayne, HP is fantastic, but you guys all know if you can't put it down, it doesn't count. :P

Up next,,,,traction!

Tanya

SWEET! Yes, I do believe you made a very good choice going with AZ Power and Sound. Their customer service and knowledge seems to be right at the top of their game.

I can't wait to see your car in action now Phil.

And yes, Im with Dwayne, HP is fantastic, but you guys all know if you can't put it down, it doesn't count. :P

Up next,,,,traction!

Tanya

and traction is such a funny thing too.

I can't get traction at Firebird to get a decent launch - ever.

However, yesterday I was turning from Ray road onto the 101 and launched so hard that the turn signal flasher relay got pulled out of the fuse panel :eek !

The ol' 1980 hooked and took off harder than it ever has before and if it wasn't strapped down it was in the back of the car in a hurry. The 1-2 shift was even harder than the launch and I still have sore spot on the back of my head from smacking my skull on the halo :crazy.

Why can't I get that at Firebird?

I am happy to be of service and am glad that we got it taken care of properly. Even though the meth wouldn't work at least you don't have to worry about running out of it now since it isn't being used. Pretty decent numbers for just 91 octane. :)

On another note.... anyone want to place some bets for dyno day? :lol

I just wish I could still make the dyno day! :mad

I was hoping to get a baseline on her. Maybe I can add that to my insurance settlement. Mental anguish and missing a dyno day? :lol:lol

Guest AZ Power & Sound
On another note.... anyone want to place some bets for dyno day?  :lol

I was hoping to get a baseline on her. Maybe I can add that to my insurance settlement. Mental anguish and missing a dyno day? :lol:lol

I think after I win the dyno event you should purchase my car off me :)

:lol

Trust me Glenn, Phil or I (maybe all three of us) would end up in jail. I get in enough trouble with a basically stock C5. Can't imagine me with your kinda HP. :D

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Trust me Glenn, Phil or I (maybe all three of us) would end up in jail. I get in enough trouble with a basically stock C5. Can't imagine me with your kinda HP. :D

its kind of strange having a fast car... case in point I just bought a Yamaha R1 motorcycle thinking it would be fast... bone stock they are supposed to go 10.4@135 and mine is slightly modded...

anyways this is my first bike and literally 2 weeks later im bored of the speed :) sucks when nothing really impresses you anymore!

• 3 weeks later...
phildyno.JPG

Before is with the previous tune and setup

After is with our Blower cam and our custom dyno tune

Question. Is this a stock internals engine?

Guest AZ Power & Sound
phildyno.JPG

Before is with the previous tune and setup

After is with our Blower cam and our custom dyno tune

Question. Is this a stock internals engine?

stock bottom end, stock heads, LGM Blower cam :)

Yes it is a stock bottom end and heads.

If you check the signature you can read all the other bolt ons.

Thanks for the new found power Mike and Nic.

Phil... :devil

hey mike or phil - do either of you know the specs of that cam off the top of your head? (i'll go check sig to see if it's in there)

Mike will have to give you the specs, I do not know them or do I have them in my sig. I will add them after Mike posts them.