• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jstrutt

• P51tj

• Desertdawg

• Big Poppa

Luke tower this is Sidewinder One One requesting permission for high speed roll with max climb

This is Luke tower you are clear!

WOOT!! :3gears::3gears:

WTF... I think Molly drove faster than Mark did today.

And she doesn't evenn own a car

BwahaAHahaHahaHaHahah!!!!

Luke tower this is Sidewinder One One requesting permission for high speed roll with max climb

This is Luke tower you are clear!

WOOT!! :3gears::3gears:

WTF... I think Molly drove faster than Mark did today.

And she doesn't evenn own a car

BwahaAHahaHahaHaHahah!!!!

I second the motion. If Ms. Daisy needs a new driver, she should call Mark.

A huge thank you to TIM and JOHNNIE for another great RUN TO THE RIVER. This had to be one of the best times we've had since the first run. What a great drive up, great people and looking forward to next year. Jay and I thank you so much and to all those who made donations. People don't realize how much work goes into getting that many people together, collecting all the money from everyone and making this work. We commend you both for all that work. Phil, thank you for the shirts (especially the ladies shirts) and thank you to everyone else for making this a great time.

I will send my pictures to Andrew to post for me. It was great to see everyone and thank you all again for a great little vacation well needed. Can't wait to see everyone's pictures.

Dianne :banannarainbow::banannarainbow:

Thanks Tim, Johnnie and everyone else who helped organize this fun evenf. We had a blast, and look forward to making this an annual excursion with the group. Hope everyone made it home safe, we saw poor Dewey pulled over by a LEO just past Wickenburg, fingers crossed it was only a warning. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did.

Dewey left us when we turned off on the Lake Pleasant road. He continued s/b on the 60 with Ken. It must have happened after that.

Hopefully he got a break! :xfinger

We're home safe, sound and unscathed. Was running "alone" for a bit, but then hooked up with a Caddy Escalade and Pontiac G6...actually a fun run back. My average speed home was 3 MPH higher than the trip up somehow. :lol

Thank you Tim and Johnnie awesome time. We even broke even gambling after a short stint for me at the BJ table this morning. :thumbs

:xfinger for Dewey.

fingers crossed it was only a warning

Dewey left us when we turned off on the Lake Pleasant road. He continued s/b on the 60 with Ken. It must have happened after that.

Hopefully he got a break! :xfinger

:xfinger for Dewey.

Negative on all counts.

#1, nailed for 80 in a 65.

#2, mile marker 113 on 60, about 4 miles before the turn...because I take 74 over to get on 17 instead of dealing with Grand. That shortcut used to be real helpful getting to Vegas when I lived on 89th/Bell.

#3, well, first ticket (mis-use of a finite resource just south of Wikieup) since Nov 98, so that ain't too bad.

#4, haven't been to traffic school since Dec 91...so I'm good.

#5, someone called in, he was waiting for us

Man, that sux!!!! Seems like there were suddenly plenty of cops hangin' around all up and down that stretch.

Sorry to hear about the misfortune.

Andrew

BTW!!! T. and J. you guys did an awesome job again!!!! Can't wait till next year!

Glad to meet some noob and see some old friends!!!!

Andrew

Seems like there were suddenly plenty of cops hangin' around all up and down that stretch.

Which stretch Drew? I went by Wikieup and saw you guys at the gas station, too late to stop, but I didn't see a cop until I got just outside Wickenburg and then not another until I hit Surprise/Sun City area.

Seems like there were suddenly plenty of cops hangin' around all up and down that stretch.

Which stretch Drew? I went by Wikieup and saw you guys at the gas station, too late to stop, but I didn't see a cop until I got just outside Wickenburg and then not another until I hit Surprise/Sun City area.

I saw one just north of the turn in Wickenburg and one came up the other way at that turn. Those are the only ones I saw. We were maintaining at a pretty reasonable pace by then.

Sorry to hear Dewey....

Pete and I came home all the way from Vegas with no incident, only saw a couple DPS guys the whole way.

Tim, I'm gonna add to the pile here. You and Jonnie get a huge pat on the back!! Thank you. It was an awesome time on the way up. Got in lotsa play time. I'm a bit deaf at the moment, but I have to assume my hearing will return soon.

Got home about 7:45 PM in Gilbert, and left Laughlin at 4:00 PM. Was booking it all the way back.

I think the DPS was looking to catch some Corvettes today. I came up on one sitting on the side of the highway over an incline after Wickieup. I was crusin around a buck ten, with about 5 cars trying to stay with me. As I come over the hill and about to pass this car doing about 75 when I see the HP, and then the radar detector screams KA band, so I hit the brakes hard to slow down to about 70 mph. So I believe he was sitting there waiting for me, because I did not get any warning signals before I saw him. I managed not to pass the car that was going about 75 mph, so I assume he did not get my high speed. I keep watching the rear view mirror and the group of cars that were following me now crested the hill and that is when he turned on his lights and took 1 of them out. So I kept cruzin until I get to the 303, and there was a bad accident and about 10 patrol cars with fire trucks and all. Between the 303 and the 101, there was about 4 patrol cars with drivers pulled over. All I kept seeing was Red and Blue lights. Made it home without having to explain myself.

As for the overall event, it was a great time. Great Job to Tim and Johnnie, and everyone else that helped along the way. Great prizes and the room was very nice. Thanks Pete.

Phil...

Phil, I think you must have come through shortly after Pete and I. We may have stirred things up a bit. We got to Wickenburg about 530, and had been making a bit of a rukkus on the way there.

I neglected to say thanks to Joni, Tim, John Strutt, Phil, Diane and Jay and anyone else that help organize this event or donate raffle prizes. Our first Laughlin Run and Kim and I had a blast!

THANKS AGAIN! :thumbs

He continued s/b on the 60 with Ken.

Sorry to hear this D. Was Ken still with your???

We made it home about 8:30 from Flagstaff... LONG DAY but it was fun and Samantha was happy for the break from studying.

Saw one DPS on I40 and one on 17, both on the other side, a couple of fun sprints but nothing compared to Saturday!!!

Thank you Tim and Joni for orginizing such a great event, and to all those that donated, another thanks for making it special...

Mr. Strutt, Thanks for the matching die cast, we love it!!!!!!

He continued s/b on the 60 with Ken.

Sorry to hear this D. Was Ken still with your???

We made it home about 8:30 from Flagstaff... LONG DAY but it was fun and Samantha was happy for the break from studying.

Saw one DPS on I40 and one on 17, both on the other side, a couple of fun sprints but nothing compared to Saturday!!!

Thank you Tim and Joni for orginizing such a great event, and to all those that donated, another thanks for making it special...

Mr. Strutt, Thanks for the matching die cast, we love it!!!!!!

I was right behind Ken, right in front of Robert, I guess he just picked the middle one!

We had gotten a little separated from the other three, but not much, maybe 1/4 mile.

Chris, I guess we were about two hours ahead of you. Lots of DPS all the way home, saw three others pulled over on 10 between Phoenix and Tucson.

Now that my brain ain't pressed firmly against my skull (thanks Motrin), I can post without pain! :partygrnhat:

Dewey sorry to hear about the ticket...school ain't that bad, no test at the end either!

Had a great time, as always, and only 362 days to prepare for the next one! :willy

Great to see so many new faces, and damn good to see the old ones too! :lol

Special Thanks to Pete, John, Phil, Jay and Dianne, Phil!!! :clap

And Thanks to all with your timely replys and comments. We ThankYou All!!! :thumbs

And I would be remiss if I didn't apoligize to the Arizona bug population, I'm truly sorry for takin out so MANY of your family members!!! :angel

I was right behind Ken, right in front of Robert, I guess he just picked the middle one!

Naw, he probably took one look and figured you were the only one he had a chance of keeping up with if you guys decided to run :lol

Chris, I guess we were about two hours ahead of you. Lots of DPS all the way home, saw three others pulled over on 10 between Phoenix and Tucson.

Well... I appreciate you guys clearing the way for us.

Thank you very much to the host and the donors for the raffle... thank you to Chevrolet for building these fine pieces of machinery for us to abuse and play in... and thank you to Pete for driving ALLLLLL weekend.

Had a blast everyone!

YEAHHHHH to the young 20 somethings with something to prove!! ahahahahaaaa. Still loved that comment from the Wal-mart meeting!! You guys are all young at heart, age is just a number.

Thanks to all who put on this event, we had a great time. Charlene felt a little guilty winning the second drawing of the 50/50 rafle, but before anyone responds, she is not planning to give it back, like Tim did! Not sure he should of done that, since he bought tickets like the rest of us, but I was very impressed with his professionalism, as well as others in the group.

Look forward to next year.

Ed

1BADZ

We'd like to thank Tim & Joni for putting this together and for their hospitality. Everyone who attended should also be thanked as it made for a great trip with lots of fun and laughs (yes you Molly). We were without the net at the Aquarius as there was no time anyway. Karen hit a pogressive for $1,206 just as Tim & Joni were headed out. Got into the Colorado Belle today for a couple days then head back north. We haven't decided which way to travel but will keep you up to date. It was great being with you all and we both sincerely appreciate your friendship and hospitality. :thumbs