Intake question...

Donbecker

I don't know much about Chevy's or Vettes for that matter but I think the 350 TPI has bigger injectors than the 305, which would make sense on a smaller C.I.D. ? Other than that I don?t think there is a difference? I did read someplace awhile back that the years ('84-'87 maybe???) you are talking about have a ?Cold Starter Injector? for cold climates I guess? I am only saying this form memory so it is probably all wrong...

Andrew

i believe they are exactly the same - in fact i think the cold start injector was eliminated in 87 (don't quote me on that) i know it was removed before the switch to LT1 just not sure when!

3,503 lbs of trouble

I don't know jack about the technical aspects of fuel injection, but I've heard that the Bosch Tuned Port Injection that came stock on F bodies & Vettes was developed for the 305, not the 350, so it works best with the 305 as lame as that motor is.

It has the cold start, but I can't find any differences from where I sit on it.

Attempting to disassembly part of the TB resulted in 3 screws busted off, should be ok as I'm bypassing the water pass thru anyways.

Probably work on cleaning the TB tonight and the manifold.

Still waiting on my d@mn wiring harnesses...

That would be a good "How To" thread.... You should take some pics while you work on it and post them.... I would be curious on that in case I decide ( with Melissa's permission of course... ;) ) to instal a TPI in her car....

Andrew

other posts "split" in to off topic. I made a reply and realized this thread was heading another direction.

We now return you to the original program, already in progress.

Did it have a 70mm TB?

Andrew

the TPI comes with a 48 mm TB - you can upgrade from there!

they make 52mm and 58mm also - but the true gains on the larger TBs are usually unrealized (according to rumor) unless the "cubes" are bigger.

Well, I have the runners, rails, intake plenum and intake manifold cleaned. Still have to do the TB.

I'm missing a pintle cap on one of the injectors, and they all need new orings.

I need a bolt kit for the whole assembly. Let me know if you see one around.

My wiring harnesses are delayed, have to wait a week from now. Arg.

I'm starting to get the planning together for the fuel lines/pump. I'm hoping to be able to put that all in place and use it with the carb to get some uptime on it before going EFI.

The goal is to phase in the fuel delivery, test it works right, hook up the harnesses, do some datalogging to test it, then put the TPI stuff on.

I will probably be home most of the weekend, trying to update the site and get some info on it. Hopefully I can get a little more organized so I can still pull it off relatively cheap.