My Big box of goodies came today! <Pic>

92ZR1Wannabe

Woke up and the ups man had left a box on my porch. :cool

Contents:

Hooker Super Comps (Coated)

OffRoad Pipes (No emission tests in gila county *cough cough*)

Corsa Catback

Should be down at the shop getting the stuff installed on Monday.

And my box with the rotors / hawk pads / 2 front calipers and power bleeder should be here today or tommorrow. I plan on installing that stuff this weekend.

So it should all be ready for the next cruise! :)

O and 2 words of advice if any of you ship exhaust to somebody.

1. Don't pack the box with $*#&#@*%@#^ packing peanuts!!! I spent close to an hour shaking / poking them out of the pipes and mufflers.

2. Unless you really want to irk you UPS man off, pack it in several boxes. LOL this box was stickered at 96lbs! That guy dragged the box down my driveway to my door (Gravel drive ,, can see all 30 ft of the drag marks ...!! )

dscf00373jo.jpg

Hey, I just took a set of those headers off of my stock 82....

They look almost exactly like the stock GM 82/84 headers. Your primaries look larger and the collector looks like it flows better, but overall the same design. Mine had the emission air tubes on them also...

Had to laugh at the packing peanuts part... :lol

1. Don't pack the box with $*#&#@*%@#^ packing peanuts!!! I spent close to an hour shaking / poking them out of the pipes and mufflers.

dude get over it and get an air compressor - a few short bursts of high pressure air in that new garage of yours and packing peanut problem solved! :P

1. Don't pack the box with $*#&#@*%@#^ packing peanuts!!!  I spent close to an hour shaking / poking them out of the pipes and mufflers.

dude get over it and get an air compressor - a few short bursts of high pressure air in that new garage of yours and packing peanut problem solved! :P

I have a 45 gal 5.5hp air comp.

Bubble wrap >> Peanuts

:P

The problem would just begin then. You'd be chasing those little bastards all over the garage for months. :yesnod

Guest XLR8TNC5

Alright!!! Glad to hear you got your goodies! LMAO <<<~~~That sounds too funny!

Anyway, have fun and I can't wait to hear her after you are done.

Lata Gata,

Tanya

Maybe now you will be able to outrun me in the next tunnel.

I figured that you shoulda walked away from me. As is once we both floored it neither one of use budged.

350 HP ZZ4 > Stock LT1 (300 hp) ??

Maybe now you will be able to outrun me in the next tunnel.

I figured that you shoulda walked away from me. As is once we both floored it neither one of use budged.

350 HP ZZ4 > Stock LT1 (300 hp) ??

I have a really safe tune on it to make sure I pass emissions and so that it won't knock and ping so much. I don't have a knock sensor so I can't run it really advanced on the timing and let the computer retard as needed. I have to start with a really neutral timing tune on it and leave it at that.

Besides, I think that 355 they quote is a bit "generous". It's 355 at the crank with no accessories on the engine. So, add exhaust, water pump, alternator, power steering and then all the power loss to the rear wheels I am lucky if it's 300 at the crank and 240 at the wheels.

Get all the work done and let me get some high octane and change the computer map and we can run at firebird and see how they do then. I have a feeling we will still be pretty close to equal.

You doing the work yourself or taking it to a shop?

Let us know if you want to do a Corvette Saturday at your house. We can get some people to help out.