Selling scrap metal

Guest Sidewinder

Guest Sidewinder

I have 2 C5 catbacks sitting around and I hear that a scrap yard will buy them for the metals. Anyone sell or ever sold metal to a yard? Just looking for a little insight.

All I can tell you is be prepared to show photo ID and they fill out a form that goes to the local PD. You could get some scrutiny since exhaust systems and copper wire are two big theft items right now.

I haven't heard it here in Phx so much but in other cities they're cutting catalytic converters off cars in parking lots.

Just the cat-backs, no cats.

I don't the the scrapers will take cats anyway, those have to go to the pound or to the RR tracks :leaving

I'm interested here too, I have a load of metal parts from the vette that are just sitting in the back yard too.

Full exhaust

sway bars

tunnel plate

valley cover

etc...

:popcorn:

I'm interested here too, I have a load of metal parts from the vette that are just sitting in the back yard too.

Full exhaust

sway bars

tunnel plate

valley cover

etc...

:popcorn:

Now I know where my last Vette ended up...........

The stock cats are worth about $150.00, theres a couple of guys on LS1TECH that buy them. Shipping cost me something likr $14.00

Selling scrap metal is easy, just look up the closest scrap yard and haul it in, We have been catching people out here picking up every piece of metal they can find (spikes, tie plates, etc) off the RR to sell. the get busted for theft! Plus most reputable scrap yards will not buy RR scrap because they know its stolen.

The stock cats are worth about $150.00, theres a couple of guys on LS1TECH that buy them. Shipping cost me something likr $14.00

Selling scrap metal is easy, just look up the closest scrap yard and haul it in, We have been catching people out here picking up every piece of metal they can find (spikes, tie plates, etc) off the RR to sell. the get busted for theft! Plus most reputable scrap yards will not buy RR scrap because they know its stolen.

$150 for stock cats??? Thanks Dawg, I'm headed there now.

• 14 years later...
On 6/20/2008 at 9:26 PM, Guest Sidewinder said:

I have 2 C5 catbacks sitting around and I hear that a scrap yard will buy them for the metals. Anyone sell or ever sold metal to a yard? Just looking for a little insight.

There are so many junkyards out there that buys such scrap cars and even they will tow your junk car from home and take it to the junkyard.

1 hour ago, RickAlbert said:

There are so many junkyards out there that buys such scrap cars and even they will tow your junk car from home and take it to the junkyard.

REALLY! A 14 year old thread and a link to a company in FL to tow your junk car. That would be one hell of a tow charge, jus sayin'. :smilelol

Trying to fluff up his post count :LolLol:

That might be a record for old, revived threads

• Haha 1