PICS of the Corbeaus in the ol Beast

Guest XLR8TNC5

Guest XLR8TNC5

OKKY DOKKY. After MUCH hassle, pain, suffering, hacking, and fabrication of crap to make these work, (THANK YOU HONEY!) here are a few pics of the Corbeaus in the ol 98. I think they came out GORGEOUS!!!

Enjoy,

B4Install.jpg

Installed1.jpg

Installed2.jpg

Installed3.jpg

Those are sweet...... :thumbs

I can't wait to upgrade my baby.....First thing I want is air intake system...

Guest AZ Power & Sound

those look sweet! How much total was it all out the door with harnesses, seats and any parts needed? Unfortunatly I dont have a hookup on corbeau but id like to install either those or Sparco Milanos!

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hey everyone, thanks for the :thumbs from everyone. Mark busted his ass to put these in for me. They most certainly were NOT a direct fit as Corbeau advertised.

Anyway, with everything I walked out the door paying $1186.98.

However, the fabrication for the shoulder retractor harness mount (2: 4" long pieces of Sqaure metal about a 1/4" thick welded to the back of the gas tank bar, the cutting of the siderails where the OEM seatbelts go, the dremmelling of the hole where the new harnesses mount to, the longer bolts needed for the mounting of the retractor, etc,,, and the frustration and hours Mark spent figuring out all this crap, along with the removal of the "L" bracket on the mounting rails.... If he were charging me, would have been wayyy too expensive. :angry Lucky for me Mark likes BEER! He' is cheap labor or should I say "will work for BEERS!" :drinkers LOL.

Later all.

Tanya

P.S. The old seats are going to Dwayne for his Vette.

They look great Tanya... :thumbs

About the old seats, are they in your way for another week or so???

If they are I can come get them this weekend, but I would rather save the trip (GAS) and kill 2 birds with one stone next week....

Just let me know... :howdy

Guest XLR8TNC5
They look great Tanya... :thumbs

About the old seats, are they in your way for another week or so???

If they are I can come get them this weekend, but I would rather save the trip (GAS) and kill 2 birds with one stone next week....

Just let me know... :howdy

Dwayne

You can come get them at your leisure.

so did you fire of a letter to corbeau for their misrepresentation on the "direct fit"

perhaps they need to know that for future customers, and maybe you can get a hookup or at least kudos :lol

they look AWESOME!

i cannot wait to get my C5 so i can play and upgrade with the big boys (and girls) :drinkers

Guest Sidewinder
so did you fire of a letter to corbeau for their misrepresentation on the "direct fit"

perhaps they need to know that for future customers, and maybe you can get a hookup or at least kudos  :lol

they look AWESOME!

i cannot wait to get my C5 so i can play and upgrade with the big boys (and girls) :drinkers

I hooked the customer service guy up on the phone with a little "Direct fit my a$$" and "the seats don't fit without cutting parts off the frame rails, you guys are nuts" then he said "Sir, we have installed thousands of these with no complaints" then he said something after that but it was hard to hear him with the phone hung up. fighting0072.gif

Guest XLR8TNC5

I LOVE the way they fit. Very comfortable!

Thanks for the inspiration WaymireC! ;) :thumbs

Tanya

P.s. No letter to Corbeau. They wouldn't care anyway from the way the guy talked to me and Mark.

well then hopefully they read this - they may look nice but with the "false advertising" and customer service like that - i wouldn't put those in my car even if they were given to me for FREE

hey Corbeau - hear that????

F.U.! :howdy

i wouldn't put those in my car even if they were given to me for FREE

Damn!!!! Brown nosing on a public forum.... :willy

i wouldn't put those in my car even if they were given to me for FREE

Damn!!!! Brown nosing on a public forum.... :willy

how is that brown nosing? :confused

They look great Tanya!!

I'll have to check them out on Friday to see if my big ass would even fit in those without a horizontal cargo strap!! :rolf:rolf:drinkers

You have quite a combo husband there! :thumbs

Mechanic, Design Engineer, machinist, and all around fun guy to be around, even though he prefers Mustangs!! :ack

Ken

even though he prefers Mustangs!! :ack

Ken

Thought we had him converted for a while, but he slipped back to the dark side. Two steps forward one and half steps back kind of thing. :D