Which Insurance Comapny for 'Agreed Value'

Guest Simpson36

Guest Simpson36

What insurance companies do you all use?

I am having some difficulty finding companies that will do an 'Agreed Value' or "Stated Value' policy any more for a daily driver.

I did find two so far and they both want appraisals from 'qualified' sources, but when I ask them for a specifics, they have no clue exactly what consitutes 'qualified', and can give no suggestions for an appraiser that they will accept.

Ken from 'the Vette Shop' wrote me an appraisal, but the insurance company won't accept it becuase it is not on 'comapny letterhead' with qualifications noted in the appraisal.

It's like a catch-22 thing.

So I am driving to Tuscon on Friday to get another appraisal from a 'qualified' source with lots of afilliatins and a web site:

http://www.i-van.org

Maybe that will do the trick.

Any of you have a daily driver insured with an 'agreed value' policy?

Melissa uses Hagerty for her Vette. She said they use "Agreed Value". I don't know what they do if its a daily driver though...

Andrew

3,503 lbs of trouble
What insurance companies do you all use?

I am having some difficulty finding companies that will do an 'Agreed Value' or "Stated Value' policy any more for a daily driver....

Any of you have a daily driver insured with an 'agreed value' policy?

No, I have an agreed value policy on my DeLorean w/ Aon, but my DeLorean is far from a daily driver.

The only insurance company I'm aware of that will offer an agreed value policy on a daily driver is Chubb, but it's not cheap. "Jay M" on the CF wrote the following in a reply to a thread I started there awhile back:

"Now I have Chubb. IT costs a small fortune, but I can treat the car like a normal car and I have $40,000 agred value. I spent about 4 hours on the internet looking for agreed value and Chubb is is the only one that offers it for NON collector cars."

Here's a link to that old thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...rum_id=3&arch=1

3,503 lbs of trouble
Melissa uses Hagerty for her Vette. She said they use "Agreed Value". I don't know what they do if its a daily driver though...

They tell you to call State Farm. Hagerty only insures limited use collector cars, not daily drivers.