Prayers for Tom (YumaZ06)

MOTV8

Desertdawg

Better, worse, better, worse... Dammit tell Tom to get his butt out of there and back into his vette!

There's garden trolls out there that need flattening!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Malcolm

• Marana Rich

• Big Poppa

Guest 1FASTC4
We were able to see Tom tonight and he seems to be doing better. He was pretty alert and was able to talk to us for awhile. He was actually making jokes about having a valve job. He also wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for the prayers.

What's next, Tom? Gonna get your heads polished? Gonna get stroked?

We were able to see Tom tonight and he seems to be doing better. He was pretty alert and was able to talk to us for awhile. He was actually making jokes about having a valve job. He also wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for the prayers.

Long as he doesn't come outta there with a louder exhaust :leaving

Glad to hear Tom getting better. Leave the exhaust alone... Dawgs BBQ takes care of that...

Long as he doesn't come outta there with a louder exhaust :leaving

Oh, that's bad...but funny as hell. :smilelol

Keeping up the prayres Tom. :thumbs:angel

Pat and I saw Tom this morning. He was alert and talking and eating semisolid foods. He enjoys visitors but you could see he tires easily after about 20 minutes. I read him more posting for you guys and his Z06 Forum buddies. He really enjoys hearing from you. He says hello and is fighting hard to get back in the saddle in his Z.

Keep those thoughts and prayers headed his way. He still has a very, very long road to recovery.

Malcolm

Marana Rich

Amen to that. I saw him yesterday afternoon, spent about an hour with him and his daughter. He took two naps during that time.

I went back this morning for about another hour, and you could see the improvement over yesterday. He got a bath and a shave after I left yesterday.

His son and brother (from New Jersey) are there now, and he was being fed scrambled eggs and fruit, with warm tea. Took a long time to get food down, cause he has to lay flat on his back, very little angle, easy to gag. We talked cars (what else)? His brother has a C3, and I can't remember the year. Let's guess, either a 74 or a 69.

He has a great nurse taking care of him too, but she said no more valve jobs, stroking, no heads getting polished, or anything else for a while.

Who has a black c6 convertible with license plate ILUVMYC6.? It was parked in the garage at the hospital. I parked next to it and it was still there when I left.

I stopped by about 6pm today. Tom had a minor procedure to remove a bunch of the tubes and the like. The nurse told me that Tom will need to rest more than he has been the next several days and let his heart recover. If any of you were thinking about visiting, she said they will not allow any more visitors for a few days other than immediate family. The nurse suggested to call first before anyone makes the trip beyond mid week.

Malcolm

Desertdawg

Any updates????

Sure hope Tom is getting better!!!!!

He has a great nurse taking care of him too, but she said no more valve jobs, stroking, no heads getting polished, or anything else for a while.

Sorry Tom but that's funny. :lol Get well soon so you can at least talk about those "items"! :yesnod

Any updates????

Sure hope Tom is getting better!!!!!

I saw a post from UVETTYA (Steve and Mary Lou) on the Z06 forum that they saw Tom the other day and he was doing better.

I'll try to get more info this weekend.

Malcolm

Marana Rich

I stopped in and saw Tom for a while this evening. They have moved him to a different room, and he had been to surgery today for a defibrilator. He has had lots of tubes and things removed, and only a couple of things hanging on the rack. He was getting ready to have a solid meal. He looks lots better, good improvement. He says thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

I will stop by and see him on Monday on my way west.

I visited Tom this morning about the time the Indy was starting. He was sitting up in a chair and looked so much better. He was totally unhooked from all the contraptions, gizmos and drips. He was very talkative and in great spirits. He is doing some walking and they are saying he needs to do about 17 laps (at once - about a mile) before he can go home. Tom thinks that could happen about the end of this coming week - maybe Thurs or Friday.

His son John will go back to San Diego this afternoon. His brother Ron will stay until Thurday. Those two are keeping Tom entertained. Daughter Jennifer will come in from Yuma when it's time to pick him up and take him home. It's going to take some time to get his strength up but I've got to say I'm amazed how well he's progressed in about 2 weeks. He's a tough bird, but I think most of you knew that.

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words - - I've continued to make sure he gets them all and he really, really appreciates them!!

Malcolm

That's great news Malcom...and TOM!!

Just don't rush back into that ZO6...she's not going anywhere.

F22trainer
I stopped in and saw Tom for a while this evening. They have moved him to a different room, and he had been to surgery today for a defibrilator. He has had lots of tubes and things removed, and only a couple of things hanging on the rack. He was getting ready to have a solid meal. He looks lots better, good improvement. He says thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

I will stop by and see him on Monday on my way west.

Haven't been on very much and just saw this thread - my thoughts and prayers wil be for your continued and speedy recovery. :angel

Michael

I think we all owe Malcolm, Rich and all the others who have kept us up to date, a great THANK YOU! It's hard keeping in touch up here sometimes and the members of ACE are our only means. Karen & I thank you all and am so happy Tom is doing so well.

I think we all owe Malcolm, Rich and all the others who have kept us up to date, a great THANK YOU! It's hard keeping in touch up hear sometimes and the members of ACE are our only means. Karen & I thank you all and am so happy Tom is doing so well.

I holeheartly agree! Thanks to both of you.

Robert and Elizabeth
I think we all owe Malcolm, Rich and all the others who have kept us up to date, a great THANK YOU! It's hard keeping in touch up hear sometimes and the members of ACE are our only means. Karen & I thank you all and am so happy Tom is doing so well.

I holeheartly agree! Thanks to both of you.

:agree A great job that is very well appreciated!

I just got home from seeing Tom (with Yuma Rich) and WOW!!! He looks great. Not hooked up to any machines, was in good spirits, laughing and telling stories. Got up, moved to the chair on his own... he really looks good. He says they're aiming for Wednesday to send him home. He has a book with pictures and all the comments from here and the Z06 forum that Malcolm put together; he was poud of that and reading from it while we were there. He says thank you to everyone for all the comments, and says that it really helps him along and makes him feel better. I think Rich got a picture of him while we were there, but we'll see if it comes out.

Tom: It was great to see you so well. I wish you a great trip home and a speedy recovery!!!

Man, you guys keeping in touch with him and for us are AWESOME. :thumbs Keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing Tom at an upcoming event.

Maybe a lunch down in Yuma when he gets out of the hospital. Rich...what do you think...could you set something up once he's out, if he's able???

Marana Rich

Yes, we saw Tom today, spent a little over an hour with him. He got pretty animated when we started talking about mods to cars, like Steve's and Mike's, and when you do the engine, you better beef up the transmission and rear end, etc.

Tom says again thanks to all for your prayers, he believes that is what pulled him through.

He still has drainage from the leg where they took the vein out for the bypass, other than that, he is healing well, and he is pretty perky. He don't sleep for long periods, I don't know if he was like that before or not. I know I only sleep six hours and I am up, I think he said he did 5 1/2 hours last night with a sleeping pill, but was up at 3:30 am, and had not gone back to sleep..

We left him at noon, he was getting ready for lunch, then a much-needed nap. His brother had gone back to the motel for a while, I think it was really great he could be there for this period.

Tom praises the medical staff at AMC, and from my observations, I would have go agree. Friendly, outgoing, and very professional. (And whoever said that thing about nurses don't look so good when the medication wears off got it wrong this time).

Anyhow, I took a picture of Tom. He probably don't look as pretty as when you last saw him, but compared to a week or two weeks ago, even three days ago, he looks GREAT. He says he is going to Z06 fest in September, somehow, someway.

YUMA Z06

Tom, Keep on keepin' on.

You'll get behind the wheel again soon enough.

Marana Rich
Man, you guys keeping in touch with him and for us are AWESOME. :thumbs Keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing Tom at an upcoming event.

Maybe a lunch down in Yuma when he gets out of the hospital. Rich...what do you think...could you set something up once he's out, if he's able???

Funny, Chris and I were talking about that today. Since there was no Annual Yuma Run this year, maybe we can do something later. Tom said Doc told him 4-6 weeks to recover. From having his chest cracked and the other surgeries, he won't be doing any steering or shifting for a while.