Prayers for Tom (YumaZ06)

MOTV8

Desertdawg

I just saw this, I sure hope he recovers ok... Tom get well soon bud, we need you at next years GB cruise!!!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bigfoot

• Malcolm

• Marana Rich

• Big Poppa

I visited Tom again this morning and read to him all the well wishes from his friends and extended family in ACE and the Z06 Forum. Tom wanted to let folks know he had his chest tube removed (drainage) and that he really appreciates all the notes from you. You can keep them coming and I'll get them to him every day or two. I expect he will be in ICU for several more days then move to a regular room for at least 4 more days. Best case would probably be release mid next week at the earliest.

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. He still has a long road to recovery.

Sincerely,

Malcolm

Loud Pedal

I have been out of town and haven't checked ACE. Hang in there Tom! It sounds like you're pulling through like a trooper.

Speedratchet

Gwen and I just got back from the hospital, but we weren't able to see see Tom. We did talk to his son and it sounds like Tom had a pretty hard go of it today. Please keep the prayers going for Tom.

Thanks for the update Gary.

I want everyone to know a little more about what it was like being with him this morning. As I read the notes from all of you on two forums, 14 pages in all, he generally closed his eyes as I read your screen names. Before I read the note, he would say something like "That's Mike (last name) from Maryland. He's the one who flew in for Winterfest in March and you met him at the Dyno Day". He would smile as he thought back to one of those good times (BG, Maker's Mark runs, Winterfest, etc...) and tell me something about most every one of you. This Corvette family means so much to him and I want you to know those notes brought him a lot of joy this morning.

I left him about 9:15 this morning with a diecast 63 split window coupe to remind him of all his Corvette friends all over the country pulling for him. Under the diecast car were all the notes from you that I read to him. He told me to make sure I told you all how much he appreciated them.

So, you guys were all there with him too this morning. He got a lot of joy out of all the notes of support above and his memories of good times with so, so many of you.

Sincerely,

Malcolm

Marana Rich

Malcolm, thanks for the update.

I plan on being over there Saturday afternoon-Sunday morning

Still all the best wishes to Tom. Malcolm, I work, but if I can do anything let me know. I'm going to Houston this weekend, so if you think something from Corvettes of Houston in particular would brighten his day, lemmie know and I'll bring it back.

All our hearts are with you Tom!!! We love ya man!!!

Guest racingchester

Heres from Germany. GET WELL. Thats one expensive hotel, and the foods not that great. CHUCK

Keep getting better Tom. Karen says hi and we both look forward to our next trip to AZ and Yuma. Did anyone tell you Rich is buying? Be strong, you're a fighter.

John

Just don't tell him he's gonna have to sell his Vette, he'll have a heart attack!

Seriously, get well soon, Tom :)

I stopped by the hospital and saw Tom this afternoon after work. He was a bit sedated with a tube down his throat so he couldn't talk. I read more posts from this and the Z06 forum to him and he nodded, opened his eyes to look at some of the pictures posted on Z06vette.com and squeezed my hand hard when I told him to keep up the fight.

I know from our conversation yesterday that he really appreciates your words of encouragement in the posts.

Keep those thoughts and prayers coming his way!

Malcolm

Thanks for keeping us posted Malcolm. The corvette community is pretty tightly knit, and we're all pulling for him.

:agree we are all still praying and pulling for him. Looking forward to seeing that Z rumble down the road again.

Robert and Elizabeth

OMG!!! We just saw this. Our prayers and best wishes to him for a speedy recovery. :angel:angel

After working cardiac/open heart nursing for as long as I have, I know how hard it can be to come back. You can do it Tom. We are there for you!

To add a little levity to this.... we need you to do the annual burnout at the Gila Bend BBQ next year!!!!

I stopped by the hospital and saw Tom this afternoon after work. He was a bit sedated with a tube down his throat so he couldn't talk. I read more posts from this and the Z06 forum to him and he nodded, opened his eyes to look at some of the pictures posted on Z06vette.com and squeezed my hand hard when I told him to keep up the fight.

I know from our conversation yesterday that he really appreciates your words of encouragement in the posts.

Keep those thoughts and prayers coming his way!

Malcolm

Thanks Malcolm I'm sure he really appreciates your being there.

Mike

Speedratchet

We were able to see Tom tonight and he seems to be doing better. He was pretty alert and was able to talk to us for awhile. He was actually making jokes about having a valve job. He also wanted to say hello to everyone and thanks for the prayers.