What is Shifty listening to?

JLMounce

Desertdawg

Rough Boy by ZZ Top :yeah:

I'm just going to listen to what you guys are listening too... :party

Sundevilfan

I have a CD I made that I call Vette Tunes. I keep a copy in the Vette and play it a lot. Of course, from what I am reading I doubt you guys will even know them......much less like them. :D From that CD I am listening to Walk Don't Run by the Ventures.

From that CD I am listening to Walk Don't Run by the Ventures.

Didn't they open up for Pantera a few years back? :party

Sundevilfan

From that CD I am listening to Walk Don't Run by the Ventures.

Didn't they open up for Pantera a few years back? :party

:lol

They still tour and are one of the hottest bands in Asia. Don Wilson and Bob Bogle, co-founders of the band in 1958, are still performing. Nokie Edwards joined in 1960. Jerry McGee joined in 1968. Bob Spalding

joined in 1981. Leon Taylor joined in 1996 after the passing of his father one of the early band members. I can't think of any band that has performed this long with this much success and with so many of the original band members still performing with the band. I guess you have to love guitars. 5 guitarists and 1 drummer.....that is the Ventures sound. Many call them the best "surf" band of all time. Personally I also like Dick Dale for surf guitar (can we say Pulp Fiction). The Ventures are the all time best selling instrumental rock band of all time....selling over 100 million records. Way more information on the Ventures than any of you wanted to hear!! :jester

I'll tell you a little story about Roy Orbison. He was one of my favorites. My son used to ridicule me and refer to him as "Roy Boy" or "That Dead Dude."

My son is a huge U-2 fan and as a part of his ticket brokerage business he has travelled all over the U.S. to see them perform (and deliver tickets). I love reminding

him that Bono said that Roy had the best rock and roll voice of all time. Bono and The Edge wrote the song "She's A Mystery to Me" for Roy Orbison that was on Roy's last CD (Mystery Girl) released

after his death. Edge also played guitar on that track. Needless to say "Pretty Woman" is also on my Vette Tunes CD.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. The nurse just said it is time to take my meds and change my depends.

Desertdawg

Thats a lot of words and no pictures, anyone have the cliff notes? :lol Cool info :thumbs