TPI interchange...

Donbecker

Well, I looked and I looked, but I can't seem to find a tpi manifold, with EGR, that will fit a stock qjet on top.

After a brief leave of my senses attempting to devise a way to relocate the EGR on the #6 runner, I'm ready to admit that there must be an easier way, and that I need to just use a different manifold for carb & EFI.

So...

I have a completely stock 1976 Chevy 350, L-48. (stock heads)

I'm converting it to a TPI EFI setup, and I need an intake manifold, throttle body, injectors and fuel rail on the cheap.

How can I figure out if the manifold will fit my block?

Also, is there any way that I can keep my large cap HEI? I'd rather not buy another distributor, the current one is working just fine.

Any pointing in the right direction would be awesome... :thumbs

-Don

Don,

Not sure if this will help but there is a yahoo group named TPICLUB. You go to yahoo.com and search for a group called TPICLUB. Worth a shot as they are all Corvette guys doing TPI stuff. Not a real active group but it might help.

David

Don,

Not sure if this will help but there is a yahoo group named TPICLUB. You go to yahoo.com and search for a group called TPICLUB. Worth a shot as they are all Corvette guys doing TPI stuff. Not a real active group but it might help.

David

All TPI manifolds will fit on your engine. The heads and block of a small block Chevy all had the same mounting locations up until the LT1, LT4 and LS1/2 blocks. They stopped making the TPI when the LT1 block came out, so any TPI will fit you block.

Look in eBay for TPI upper and lower manifolds. Injectors you will want to buy new, and you are doing the wiring so that you won't need to buy.

Call around to some of the wrecking yards and see if you can get a TPI upper and lower manifold locally, or check with 20th Street auto -- you maybe able to get a complete TPI (manifolds, throttle body and injectors) at a decent price.

3,503 lbs of trouble

Here are places to get parts locally:

Dunshee's Corvette Parts

Address: 7304 W Villa Rita Dr, Glendale, AZ 85308

Phone: (602) 938-8895

C N'v Corvette Sales

Address: 1000 N Mcclintock Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281

Phone: (480) 994-8388

20th Street Auto & Parts

Address: 2000 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034

Phone: (602) 253-2020

http://www.20thstreetauto.com/

http://20car.com/

Corvette Salvage

Address: 9219 N 11th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85021

Phone: (602) 997-4261

Max's Vette Stuff

Address: 428 S Date # 6, Mesa, AZ 85210

Phone: (480) 964-0779

Frank Dunshee of Dunshee's Corvette Parts is a great guy. Operates out of a shop in his Northwest PHX home. I always called him first. CNV is not everyone's favorite place around here, but they have a good parts dept. 20th Street is a sports car junk yard, and I've never been to Max's.

Very cool guys! Looks like I owe some ppl. some beers! ;)

So any tpi setup will fit then? As long as it's not an LT-1, LT-4 or LS-1/2?

Are the manifolds you're talking about compatible with a large cap HEI?

Also performance wise, should I look for something off a vette or a t/a or firebird?

Very cool guys! Looks like I owe some ppl. some beers! ;)

So any tpi setup will fit then? As long as it's not an LT-1, LT-4 or LS-1/2?

Are the manifolds you're talking about compatible with a large cap HEI?

Also performance wise, should I look for something off a vette or a t/a or firebird?

All the factory TPI manifolds were the same, wheter from a T/A, Camaro or Vette.

They should all work with a large HEI as that was what was run from the factory. The only problem is when some people ran the Accel Super Coil that mounted on top of the HEI cap. With those they had to remove the rear piece of the manifold which is just a dress up piece / cover to hide the distributor.

So basically any 1985 - 1990 engine would work.

I called 20th Street, they wanted $500 for the intake, runners, fuel rails and throttle body.

I think the year was 84..I really need to find a reference or a book on these or something as I really don't know what's a fair price for this stuff.

Can anybody add their 2 cents?