Dyno Day at Arizona Power and Sound

BSeery

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I will not be able to make it, I will be flying out of town that morning. Can my dyno run from last week count?

Sure will! Conditions will be cooler on the 15th then when you dyno'd so it will be a slight handicap... but with my clutch gone I dont think im going to be able to beat you unless I get a clutch by then! :lol

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• BSeery

• 1EvilC5

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble
There should be prizes for highest hp and highest torque.... and a boobie prize for lowest hp/ and lowest torque.

If the DeLorean was tuned up, I'd bring it down to try to win the boobie prize, because I like boobies. :thumbs

I would like to come, where are they located? I want to see how much Hp I have before I add the Hola girl on my dash. :lol

1721 W 10th Place

Suite 4A

Tempe AZ 85281

480-966-1168

I would like to come, where are they located? I want to see how much Hp I have before I add the Hola girl on my dash. :lol

1721 W. 10th Place in Tempe.

Well,

Since Mike never got back to me on a clutch package, it would be stupid to even try to get real numbers on a run!!

I will come by the shop and do some vids though!

Maybe I can nail him down face to face :banghead:willy:rolf:rolf

I'm bringing a cooler, ice and my DV camera!!

I guess I really need to know what time the festivities will begin???:toetap

Ken

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Well,

Since Mike never got back to me on a clutch package, it would be stupid to even try to get real numbers on a run!!

I will come by the shop and do some vids though!

Maybe I can nail him down face to face :banghead:willy:rolf:rolf

I'm bringing a cooler, ice and my DV camera!!

I guess I really need to know what time the festivities will begin???:toetap

Ken

Hey Ken, sent ya a PM

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Official roll call and info for Dyno day!

Whos going and what time are you going to come? Dyno order will be setup two ways... people just wanting runs only will go first seeing as how they will be on and off the dyno, and that order is a first come first serve setup... the second wave of dynos will be the people getting tunes done! Nic will be there at 10 am with his cable and laptop doing tuning all day at a VERY affordable rate!

Lunch will bet at 12-1ish and I will be ordering Pizza hut (pizza, wings, breadsticks and whatever else your heart desires!) Pizza is included in the $50 per dyno price!

Highest dyno of the day gets their dyno free or $100 gift certificate towards any purchase of $500 or more!

Lowest TRUE dyno on a CORVETTE will get a $50 gift certificate towards any purchase over $500

This event is open to all Arizona Vette Net members as well as friends of AVN!

Look foward to seeing you all out there! For those who have not been here, Look for the Pro Dyno sign as ours is not currently up!

3,503 lbs of trouble
Highest dyno of the day gets their dyno free or $100 gift certificate towards any purchase of $500 or more!

Lowest TRUE dyno on a CORVETTE will get a $50 gift certificate towards any purchase over $500

Well, since this is Vette exclusive event, guess I'll be going straight to the Pavilions. See you guys at the next event.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Dan,

You can come watch still. I plan to just go and watch. You are more than welcome to come out. DURRRR!

Mike, since Im not doing a dyno pull Saturday, I would be more than happy to donate a few bucks to the pizza and chit. COOL? I will be there around 10am-1030am.

Tanya

Well, since this is Vette exclusive event, guess I'll be going straight to the Pavilions. See you guys at the next event.

I think this is more to prevent some jackass from bringing a drag car to dyno day and winning the prize.

Also, since it's on the internet it's to keep this as a club event and not open to general public.

So, I don't think he was excluding any ACE member, just saying that the prize he is going to give out will be for a winner of a Corvettes only contest.

Guest waymirec

I plan on coming but may not be able to make it until a bit later in the afternoon (1-2ish).. also, do you guys have race fuel on hand by chance? I'm out of torco :(

I will be there. Need to pick up some racefuel. I know ADS has some. Extreme is out... and so is my personal 55 gallon stash.... Time to reorder :ack

I plan on coming but may not be able to make it until a bit later in the afternoon (1-2ish)..  also, do you guys have race fuel on hand by chance? I'm out of torco :(

I don't think they do.

EDIT: But I have been proven wrong again -- read below.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

youre welcome to dyno, im just saving the prizes for corvette owners!

any ideas on how much this will be? I'm interested at just knowing the numbers, but if it's not too much, might be worth trying to get my carb adjusted a little better...

Depending on the amount of people, more than likely $50 a person... far as time goes thats why I want to get the people just getting numbers out of the way first, then the tuners can take up the remaining time as long as they want!

Since I have my own LS1 edit and spare licences, will it be a problem if you guys use my laptop, licence and adapter?

I'm curious if my C4 would be in the ballbark with the factory spec's, given she has 108K...any thoughts?

Guest AZ Power & Sound
I plan on coming but may not be able to make it until a bit later in the afternoon (1-2ish).. also, do you guys have race fuel on hand by chance? I'm out of torco :(

I have 3 cans of torco and some leaded 116

Guest AZ Power & Sound
any ideas on how much this will be? I'm interested at just knowing the numbers, but if it's not too much, might be worth trying to get my carb adjusted a little better...

Depending on the amount of people, more than likely $50 a person... far as time goes thats why I want to get the people just getting numbers out of the way first, then the tuners can take up the remaining time as long as they want!

Since I have my own LS1 edit and spare licences, will it be a problem if you guys use my laptop, licence and adapter?

Tuning is as follows for pricing -

Bolt on car base tune (includes timing adjustment for pinging, cooling fans, gear change, tire size change, code delete for emissions or cats etc)

$75

Bolt on car full dyno tune - includes all the above plus air/fuel mapping, drivability, idle, custom tables if needed etc

$150

Heads /cam cars, stroker cars etc - includes all the above plus advanced drivability test for idle quality, stumbling, surging etc (takes 2 hours generally)

$250

Forced induction cars - includes all the above plus custom MAF and MAP tables, boost referenced timing etc

$300+ depending on amount required

This includes cable rental and tune, if you have your own cable Nic said he would be willing to negotiate a deal for you!

Might just be worth the trip...I got a ping / knock I can't shake and I'd like to see the #'s, not to mention learn something new, which is pretty much everything. Think you can help me out? I imagine a stock C4 would be pretty boring for you guys, eh?

MH

Just to give you and Nic a heads up, I will be bringing my 1980 for a dyno tune.

It has a Holley 950 Commander ProJection 700 CFM TBI system. I have my own computer, software and cable to control the system real time. I have a knock / pinging problem I would like taken care of. I hope that it won't take too long to do, but I just wanted to give you and your tuner a heads up. I have manuals for the system in the laptop as well.

I will be there, maybe 10 / 11 ish.

Just a stock 76 C3, I just want do to a pull (or two) to see how low it is with the carb.

I'll be coming back down to run after the EFI system is on in a month or so.

I knew I should have placed that Torco order a week ago :banghead

Try one of these locations. I was going to begin purchasing methonal from them because they are so cheap compared to the others that sell.

Give them a call and see what you can get.

Western States Petroleum

Good luck... :devil