Dyno Day at Arizona Power and Sound

BSeery

This is sad.... People fighting for who has the lowest power in the club

I should go get a Scion Xa or Geo metro just so I can be at the top of the list again.

Every "group" has to have one - ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to

Mr. Out Do Ya'

Glenn Piller!

:willy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ICULUKN

• BSeery

• 1EvilC5

• 3,503 lbs of trouble

Did you have a setup in mind or budget to stay within?

I was just trying get a decent head unit (CD) and use the existing speakers. Do the Bose speakers sound good with a new headunit ?

Any ideas ? I wanted to spend a couple of hundred.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
Did you have a setup in mind or budget to stay within?

I was just trying get a decent head unit (CD) and use the existing speakers. Do the Bose speakers sound good with a new headunit ?

Any ideas ? I wanted to spend a couple of hundred.

the Bose setup is actually quite impressive! the lack in general quality compared to european cars and such comes from lack of power pushing them... with the Bose adapters you can interface an afermarket head unit with the stock amp and speakers... $200-$300 is a good range for an above average setup!

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I spose I can put up a prize for highest dyno and see if anyone on the board takes my vette down :)

I just hope the challangers dyno starts with at least a 6 ;)

any ideas on how much this will be? I'm interested at just knowing the numbers, but if it's not too much, might be worth trying to get my carb adjusted a little better...

Guest AZ Power & Sound
any ideas on how much this will be? I'm interested at just knowing the numbers, but if it's not too much, might be worth trying to get my carb adjusted a little better...

Depending on the amount of people, more than likely $50 a person... far as time goes thats why I want to get the people just getting numbers out of the way first, then the tuners can take up the remaining time as long as they want!

the Bose setup is actually quite impressive! the lack in general quality compared to european cars and such comes from lack of power pushing them... with the Bose adapters you can interface an afermarket head unit with the stock amp and speakers... $200-$300 is a good range for an above average setup!

Sounds like a plan.....

The car is getting some mods, but I can give you a call sometime or stop by. I would rather go with local shops on the forum, than one of the big stores, so I will be in touch...

Work on Sat ?

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Work on Sat ?

appointment only :)

I spose I can put up a prize for highest dyno and see if anyone on the board takes my vette down :)

at least 6.. if you want to give me money.. you dont have to have a dyno contest...

KingPin is already at 675 on extremes dyno and that is before nitrous.

I have lower compression and bigger turbos than him .... and more nitrous! :P

Guest AZ Power & Sound

at least 6.. if you want to give me money.. you dont have to have a dyno contest...

KingPin is already at 675 on extremes dyno and that is before nitrous.

I have lower compression and bigger turbos than him .... and more nitrous! :P

We will see ;)

Wise man say Never challenge a shop owner with parts in stock :smilelol

Especially one with nitrous knowledge as extensive as mine!

Guest AZ Power & Sound
count me in. I'm a rookie, but eager to learn.

best place to learn is at a dyno day! that way you can see the gains people have received from mods, shops, and tunes!

I guess you can throw my name in the bucket for a dyno.

I've heard Mike has left Extreme so my LS1 edit is gone and any tune will be from scratch :banghead

I guess I'l buy HP tuner and let my friend (FRC Tom) tune the car from FL!!

Ken

I'll bring my lawn mower. That way Dwayne won't be at the bottom of the list.

(sorry dude you left the door open :smilelol )

It better not be a Briggs and Stratton or Dwayne may still be in last.

Guest AZ Power & Sound

I've heard Mike has left Extreme so my LS1 edit is gone and any tune will be from scratch :banghead

Ken

we have LS1edit and HP... I think you should give Nic a shot at the tune :) I may make some dyno wagers with his tunes against our competitors on the dyno for power, better air/fuel and drivability :):drinkers

Ken

Mike is at ADS from what Glenn was telling me.

I've heard Mike has left Extreme so my LS1 edit is gone and any tune will be from scratch  :banghead

Ken

Mike is at ADS from what Glenn was telling me.

YUP.. I was just there on Friday. Mike is there.

• 3 weeks later...

One week to go. Get the oil changed, clean the air filters, put in new spark plugs --- it's time to make some serious HP !!

Mike, you doing any prizes for top HP ?

I think we will change the user's login to say something like "A.C.E. highest HP" or something like that. An honorary title they can brag about for a year.

I will not be able to make it, I will be flying out of town that morning. Can my dyno run from last week count?

There should be prizes for highest hp and highest torque.... and a boobie prize for lowest hp/ and lowest torque.

Is your dyno a mustang or dyno jet. Can you 'load' the dyno. If not my turbo cars are worthless and we wont be able to get good numbers

It is a dynojet and you can just use the brakes slightly at the beginning to help the spool if you have a very large turbo/ci engine ratio. A properly setup and running turbo car will spool just fine, albeit a couple hundred RPM later than on the street or a mustang dyno. Every other turbo car I have tuned hasn't had a problem on a dynojet.

Guest AZ Power & Sound
One week to go.  Get the oil changed, clean the air filters, put in new spark plugs --- it's time to make some serious HP !!

Mike, you doing any prizes for top HP ?

I think we will change the user's login to say something like "A.C.E. highest HP" or something like that.  An honorary title they can brag about for a year.

Highest dyno of the day gets their dyno free or $100 gift certificate towards any purchase of $500 or more!

Lowest TRUE dyno on a CORVETTE will get a $50 gift certificate towards any purchase over $500 because chances are you will need the mods! :lol