Flood control - ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Togo

can we get this turned off - perhaps on a trial basis - it's not like we have 20K members - we have 165 - and about 20 who actually post stuff - i don't think the 20 of us will bring the board down if flood control were disabled - would we? :leaving

3,503 lbs of trouble
can we get this turned off - perhaps on a trial basis - it's not like we have 20K members - we have 165 - and about 20 who actually post stuff - i don't think the 20 of us will bring the board down if flood control were disabled - would we? :leaving

You can't wait a few seconds between posts? Flood control is a non issue.

This thread seems ripe for a hijacking... hmmm....

Let's ask the people of New Orleans if we should disable flood control?

Sorry! It was just too timely, I couldn't resist! I'm at work or I'd have had a pic to go with that. :D

hijack away - i was just curious - i mean really - with 20 people posting, how "flooded" can this board really get.

and at any one time, there are 5 of us on never more than 10 that i have seen!

and that boat might be a bit excessive - you could always use one of these

24_ss_7.jpg

3,503 lbs of trouble

I don't think it's us Bryan is worried about. Some spamer or troll could join and go ape s**t, and he'd have to deal with the mess.

I don't think it's us Bryan is worried about. Some spamer or troll could join and go ape s**t, and he'd have to deal with the mess.

you keep believing that! :rolleyes

it's not that hard to "deal with" from what i remember - if someone comes in and F%*#s the forum up with spam posts, as an admin, i believe he can sort by the users ID and delete all posts associated with that ID - i never actually had to do it on my board, but i think that's how it is done!

Guest XLR8TNC5

I have to agree with Chris. flood control does annoy me. But I usually get up pick my nose a bit, and then come back tothe puter and HOPE I was gone 30 seconds.

somedays I want to post away and I forget my thought between the 30 second Flood control and then I don't end up posting what i wanted because I forgot it.

I understand why its there though, so Im not going to make any waves......

But dang it, it is so hard being short on short-term memory cells!

:D

you keep believing that! :rolleyes

it's not that hard to "deal with" from what i remember - if someone comes in and F%*#s the forum up with spam posts, as an admin, i believe he can sort by the users ID and delete all posts associated with that ID - i never actually had to do it on my board, but i think that's how it is done!

I can't delete by user. And if a "bot" wants to spam us it will.

Flood control is set low enought that it shouldn't be a problem.

Sit back, relax and drink some decaff.

Continue with the hijacking.

I have to agree with Chris. flood control does annoy me. But I usually get up pick my nose a bit, and then come back tothe puter and HOPE I was gone 30 seconds.

somedays I want to post away and I forget my thought between the 30 second Flood control and then I don't end up posting what i wanted because I forgot it.

I understand why its there though, so Im not going to make any waves......

But dang it, it is so hard being short on short-term memory cells!

:D

Is this mark posting again?

I usually get up pick my nose a bit, and then come back tothe puter and HOPE I was gone 30 seconds.

Isn't that inconvenient. I usually have to get up and clean up the kitchen, anyhow:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread...24&page=1&pp=20

Glenn ended up thinking it was pretty funny. Sure... he didn't have to clean it up.

Anyhow, if it's a safeguard probably should keep it.

Here's what I call flood control!  :smilelol  :smilelol

yeah, but that's not the coats guard - that is the Canadian Navy! :lol

At least the Canadian Navy has Corvettes.......

Corvette_Stamp.jpg

Royal Canadian Navy corvette as depicted on a 1944 postage stamp.