Who would you recommend for service ?

Kerry

I would like to take my 80 in just to get looked over and have some maintenance done on it. Also, I think I would like to get all the extra California Smog crap taken off of it. Who would you recommend for the service ? I usually take my cars to the Muscle Car Garage in Chandler, but who would you take a Vette to ??? Cn'V ??? I live in South East Chandler so I don't really want to go across the valley for service work.

You can always contact Joe at:

Classic Gold Auto Center

317 S Rockford Dr

Tempe, AZ 85281

(480) 967-2521

Or the guy at Cn'V can always take care of you too.

Cn'V Corvette Sales.

1000 North McClintock Drive

Tempe, Arizona 85281, USA

(480) 994-8388

Removing the emmisions equipment is something your probably going to have to do yourself, any shop that does it could get into some trouble...

What are your plans for the car? Are you going to register it as a collector car. I ask this as I noticed you wanted to pull the cats in the other thread? Just trying to get an overall idea of your plans for the car so we can give you the best advice.

The car is registered as a collector car and I have it insured through Hagerty, so I don't have to deal with the emission stuff. I will probably just have the stock cat switched over to a Magnaflow super cat with Flowmasters. Then just drive it and enjoy it until I can afford to put in a better motor than the 305.

I'm thinking of going that route too I really like the idea of side pipes. Right now i have headers with true dual exhuast twin cats and some no name mufflers i'm thinking about puting 40s on it soon. I have heard that the side pipes can get old real quick.

I'm thinking of going that route too I really like the idea of side pipes. Right now i have headers with true dual exhuast twin cats and some no name mufflers i'm thinking about puting 40s on it soon. I have heard that the side pipes can get old real quick.

I rode in a 70' 350 with side pipes, and yes it got old real quick. But my feet never got hot tho'

If all you need is exhaust work go directly to Apache Muffler in Mesa. Main Street West of Country Club. Cheap....good....quick.

The Hooker headers/sidepipes are a royal pain. You are always worried about burning your legs and if you have little kids, you have to watch them around the car. Even ceramic coated, they get scorching hto after even a short drive.

I think the factory style with the covers work much better/safer and look good too.