Why did you pick the year Corvette you did ?

Kerry

I would kill for a Corvette wagon. I have had several old Wagons in my time and they are my favorite old cars. In fact, my eBay name is wagonguy68 after my old 68 Chevelle wagon.

Also, I loved my Lemans but I wanted the wagon version of it. Or, give me a 57 or 61 Pontiac Wagon and I would be quite happy. So, I think it would be awesome to have a Corvette and a matching Corvette wagon.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Desertdawg

• Kerry

• dewey

• jagoff

Since i was 12, my step-father has owned 6 vettes and i always drooled over them. One time when i was a kid, my parents were out to dinner, i backed his all black 94 coupe out of the garage and revved it up, too chicken to go for a ride. Of course while i was pulling her back in, they rolled into the driveway and i had to explain myself. After i got my lisence, my step dad would take me out on cruises and let me drive for a few miles. I drove the two 94 coupes, the 98 vert and my favorite, the millenium yellow 02 vert. The 02 had magnetic selective ride control, black leather, sport seats, the works.. Sure enough thanks to some hard work and dedication with my old mustang, i got a good trade in deal. When i was at the dealership, the salesman drove a few vettes up front for me to look at. There she was, sitting there screaming at me... 2004 coupe, black, black leather, glass roof, ride control, sport seats, tinted windows, head up display, everything! I thought back to that faithful day with the all black 94 coupe and it reminded me so much of that car i loved, i just had to have it. I drove her home Jan 6th this year, and i am in love. Its such a masterpiece of a car. Refined perfectly. I couldnt be happier.

-Pete-

Since i was 12, my step-father has owned 6 vettes and i always drooled over them. One time when i was a kid, my parents were out to dinner, i backed his all black 94 coupe out of the garage and revved it up, too chicken to go for a ride. Of course while i was pulling her back in, they rolled into the driveway and i had to explain myself. After i got my lisence, my step dad would take me out on cruises and let me drive for a few miles. I drove the two 94 coupes, the 98 vert and my favorite, the millenium yellow 02 vert. The 02 had magnetic selective ride control, black leather, sport seats, the works.. Sure enough thanks to some hard work and dedication with my old mustang, i got a good trade in deal. When i was at the dealership, the salesman drove a few vettes up front for me to look at. There she was, sitting there screaming at me... 2004 coupe, black, black leather, glass roof, ride control, sport seats, tinted windows, head up display, everything! I thought back to that faithful day with the all black 94 coupe and it reminded me so much of that car i loved, i just had to have it. I drove her home Jan 6th this year, and i am in love. Its such a masterpiece of a car. Refined perfectly. I couldnt be happier.

-Pete-

women.gif Thank you Thank you!

I just had to take a little bit of the credit for this one!!

-Pete-

women.gif Thank you Thank you!

I just had to take a little bit of the credit for this one!!

yeah babe, thanks for keeping me company on the ride there and back! :leaving i love you.

BORN AND RAISED CHEVY, always loved the speed thing. :burnout Jim's son was at a car dealer and saw the Vette, new I liked silver plus it was a convertable and his daddy was looking for a SPECIAL 50th birthday present for me. Called his daddy and he was gone, pulled up in front of the house with top down, and I was off running around the neighborhood :burnout:burnout I always told him, DON'T buy me a Flintstone Mobile. LOVE THAT CAR!! Such a dream come true and WHAT a birthday present! LOVE MY HUBBY!!

Ever since I was a kid I've wanted a black on black C4. Knowing that I've never left a single vehicle I've owned stock I knew I wanted a '94 or '95 with the flashable PCM. I was really looking for a '95 since they have the bigger brakes (J55 option was standard 95-96) but this '94 fell in my lap and is in mint condition! :rockon2:

I had recently picked up a new Nissan 350Z when I chanced upon a car enthusiast magazine comparing eight 2005 sports cars. The C6 was one of the cars tested, and based on the track and street performance, looks, and cost (and potential for performance modifications) , I dumped the new Z and ordered a late 2005 C6 Z51. The Z was a great entry level sports car but to me the C6 was far better performing, looked much sexier, and gave me the characteristic American V8 feeling. Granted the 400 horsepower was much higher than the Z's, and the C6 was much lighter giving the Vette a much more powerful feeling, but the C6 quickly began to feel like a bit of a dog. The car was soon modded with a 408 CID forged engine, supercharger, methanol, improved suspension, additional cooling (Dewits race radiator, additional air-oil cooler), exterior body work (widebody rear, LGE heat extractor hood), and much larger PS2 non runflats on wider wheels, which really improved performance and handling. The car finally feels like it has acceptable performance. The removable top was a great perk, as were the far superior HID headlights. Glad I made the switch.

My first vette was a 78 C3

I wanted a black on black C5 ZO6 for the last few years.

All I had to do was get rid of the wife, no wait maybe she got rid of me. HA

post-771-1204052171.jpg

Seems like us C3 guys are in the minority here.

We were quite the minority for a while, but with you, azchevy69, Mike Mc71, and a few others, we're climbing the ranks again. Yeah, Dawg went to the dark side (lol), but we're still plenty strong.

Generations don't really matter to this group.

My dad had a 74, 81, and 87. I was too young to drive the 74 but when I drove the 81 and 87 I was hooked! I'm on #3, saw the C6 at the LA auto show, had to have one. I'll be keeping this one and buying a C7 in 2012...I hope. :banannadance:

I grew up driving GTO's, Camaros, Chevelles, you name it as long as it was a GM product. I always promised myself the day would come when I would own a Vette. I retired after a sucessful career and a couple weeks later I bought my 1992 Convertible (EVIL C4). It was stricking black with white top and interior love at first site. Then I decided I wanted a C5 so I convinced Scratch (Tony) and Wife Nancy to sell his baby to me. The 1998 Coupe (IT GOES) is one of the most beautiful, well looked after Vettes I have ever seen let alone own. The 1992 is currently in sale negotiations with a Vette lover from Saskatoon, SK. who will probably purchase it as soon as I return home. When it goes I will probably replace it with a C5 or C6 yeller, yes yeller, convertible with a black top. I know I will own a Vette until I leave this life. My two sons will each enjoy something their dad dreamed about and loved very much. :thumbs

but the C6 quickly began to feel like a bit of a dog.

Now that's an amazing statement...:thumbs

But considering the job you retired from I can see how a C6 would feel anemic after pushing the sticks forward on a few turbojet engines...... :lol

We were quite the minority for a while, but with you, azchevy69, Mike Mc71, and a few others, we're climbing the ranks again. Yeah, Dawg went to the dark side (lol), but we're still plenty strong.

Hey some one has to keep these old girls on the road.

I pick the black on black 1979 C-3 because i had a hot wheels or matchbox one when i was a 7 or 8 years old. I have allways loved the curves on the C-3 i do like the front clip on the 80 thur 82 better.

Had friends thru the years that have owned 'em .. last one I really got involved with was a '69 t-top 427 monster that I helped rebuild from bumper to bumper at his shop in SoCal. . we just made a nice cruiser out of it, single 1050 Holly an such, because we also went thru his '69 Camaro and made an outright monster out of *that* ..529 cubic inch, 2 dominators, carillo titianium rods, velasco crank, and a huge Crane roller workin 2.35" intakes and 1.88 exhausts on some very rare, very extreme Mondello Nascar heads.. the thing revved like a crazy 327 and totally destroyed a ford 9" in just 4 passes (it was *new* with billet axles and a strange spool .. I had told the owner we would need a Dana ..LOL .. but ..he said the 9" would be tuff enough .. HAH!! ..not for THAT monster motor) .. er .. where was I .. oh yaaa..

..so a coupla decades later, and I am down at CnV lookin at a real pretty '69 roadster .. and it has been a LONG time since I got into one and out of one.. I just about kilt myself tryin to get into and out of it. I looked at wife and said there was no way I was gonna be able to do that much, so we looked at a nice red C4 ..LOL .. if anything they are even worse to get into and out of!! ..I didn't even attempt it after seeing that frame rail stickin up outta the floor .. so we looked at the black '98 coupe .. I love the look of all of 'em, ok? .. but sheesh .. the C-5 just looks like sex on wheels, it just captures the essence of hi-speed flowing lines, very aero-dah-nammick.. it makes my perpeller beanie spin just lookin at it, yanno?

And .. it's easy to get in and out of .. and .. easy to mod, prices are at the bottom of the curve, it's gonna be a collector car in 10yrs.. and it makes me smile every time I walk up to it, because I know what's comin .. just plain FUN to drive :)

I wanted an automatic so I could bracket race, I lucked into the Z-51 suspension and 3.15 gears, it does everything I want it to do, and it will get better as the years go by :) Love the cameraderie of the Vette owners, all my kinda people :)

Wife and I are both hooked .. only thing I could think would be better is a new one :)

-Frank an Kathy

First one I owned was a 95 Black/Black. Started looking a few years ago when my Brother In Law was starting his collection. He bought a 86 and took me for a ride. Well, that was it for me. He told me about the pricing and then I thought I could afford one. So I bought the 95. Then about 10 months later, there was a 98 sitting in Nebraksa with my name on it waiting to be driven home. That one was a mistake kind of purchase but glad it happened. When I first saw the color and it was for sale, I thought it was rather unique and started to look into it. It was on the autction sight so I put in my bid when it was relisted. Lo and behold, high bid and met reserve. A few days later, it's mine. Never thought I would own a Purple car!! I really like the C5's. so I sold the 95 and now just have the one. The wife wasn't very happy about selling it as she liked it more then the 98. I told her that when the kids are all settled on their own, we can look into getting another one. But I think I would like to get a C3 though. I like the lines and the looks of those. Time will tell. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Robert and Elizabeth

We bought ours after years of research and waiting for the 505hp. We had heard it was coming out years before it really did. So, we waited. This is our first Vette after years of Pontiac Trans AMs. We were waiting for this (we ordered it) to arrive for what seemed like months. We knew we wanted Yeller because we wanted everyone to see us coming. Now not only do they see us, they hear us too! Had to modify it right away because it seemed a bit anemic to us too. The Z had to be daily driver friendly too for E~ and fast enough to beat up on the boys for her. She does. We wanted the latest and greatest with all the toys included. Also, E~'s dad had been a Vette lover for most of his life, but never bought one because my mom was so high maintenance. Now, she feels his spirit with her every time she drives it. Next one the list, the ZR1. Robert's dream is to break 200mph somewhere....

Hey, don't forget the girl!

I grew up with vettes-midyears before I was 2, then a 73 during my early years. Love both, but the shark with chrome will always have my heart, so it had to be 68-72 for me. It's still a thrill to start up and just listen to it.....aaaahhhhh.

M~ :melissa:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest michael

Had a 73 then sold it. Wife's family had had 2 82 and she had a 50th annv. edition then got rid of them, then travelled for 5 yrs and decided that I wanted another. I started looking and doing research. Took the wife and went looking one day and the very last place had the silver vet, looked it over and listend to motor and it didin't sound right, so the salesman said I have one more inside the garage back there. We asked what color, he said blk, we said we don't want blk or red. He showed us anyway and we looked at each other and said thats it. It called our name and we left with a 05 blk convert. Wouln't get rid of it for anything. Keeps me busy just trying to keep it clean everyday! :thumbs