Your favorite restaurants that others should try

Eddie44

Ok I need help here... Tomorrow my Mom wants to come to Tucson and take me to a late lunch for my birthday (Since my bday is Wednesday we choose Sunday to celebrate) :party ... I need a good suggestion or two... We were going to go to Sushi on Oracle but they are only open for dinner on Sundays 5-9pm.

I love love love food so I will take any suggestions you guys got!!

La Parilla Suiza is yummy but I was hoping for a fresh idea. :blink

I'm not big on sushi but the Quitter seemed to like Takamatsu. I can't comment on the sushi 'cause that was the time I tried it (not for me, thanks). And I have no clue about the hours.

Maybe some of the VAD folks could chime in, I forget the name of that place up on norht Oracle, the place we went to on opening night (owner had the sunset orange metallic C6). Food was good, just that the staff was all brand new being opening night and all...been meaning to give that place another shot.

Other than Oregano's, or Zona 78, I don't have any other suggestions.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• dewey

• Big Poppa

• Devryn

There's a good little mexican food place downtown. I went there for lunch when I was down there for court one time. It's right behind the US Bank branch in downtown. More of a casual lunch place than a dinner place. Don't remember the name or know the hours. Being downtown it might not be open on weekends???

Robert and Elizabeth
Still lookin for an A** kickin Canjun Restaurant, any suggestions?

You could try the Kings Fish House in Tempe Marketplace. It is brand new and pretty good with the prices and food. Very creole. JMHO.

Yesterday Kim and I did our daily walk around ASU for a change. We walked by the Chuckbox (University just east of Mill). Probably the best hamburger in Tempe, if not the Valley.

Yesterday Kim and I did our daily walk around ASU for a change. We walked by the Chuckbox (University just east of Mill). Probably the best hamburger in Tempe, if not the Valley.

:agree Chuckbox ROCKS. I have to hit it at least once a month - great big one with cheese.

Firebirds has an amazing buffalo meatloaf. Everything else I've had there was great too. Nice atmosphere and resonable prices.

the Salt Cellar is a really cool place with great food. It's in a basement, which is unusual for AZ. Jenna took me there for my birthday last year and I conquered a lobster bigger than my head. :party It's not cheap, but for a special occasion you can't go wrong here.

Damn... getting hungry... :lol

the Salt Cellar is a really cool place with great food. It's in a basement, which is unusual for AZ. Jenna took me there for my birthday last year and I conquered a lobster bigger than my head. :party It's not cheap, but for a special occasion you can't go wrong here.

:agree It's been there forever, Kim and I went there when we were dating 35 yrs ago.

Robert and Elizabeth

:agree It's been there forever, Kim and I went there when we were dating 35 yrs ago.

Yep, we conquered a 13lb lobster when we were dating. Very good food, just on the pricey side.

We went to Takamatsu. It was delicious. I don't eat fish cooked or raw so I had the pork but Pete had some sushi and loved it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!!