How does a $1.2B B-2 Stealth crash?

VetteTax

Tough one to swallow, what do you think was the cause? At least the pilots are safe, but something tells me 17yo PepBoys mechanics don't maintain these puppies.

Article Here

something tells me 17yo PepBoys mechanics don't maintain these puppies.

No, 19 and 20 yr Air Force Mechanics that chose enlist vs prison when the judge gave them an option. :lol

quote]

No, 19 and 20 yr Air Force Mechanics that chose enlist vs prison when the judge gave them an option. :lol

Marines and Army are the only services that have that "option"now. I'vd looked at these options for my son...not a taker one!

Marines and Army are the only services that have that "option"now. I'vd looked at these options for my son...not a taker one!

Correct, the Air Force won't take them. Hell, if you've bounced a check before you join you can't even get a security clearance to work on or guard these things.

The Army will take convicts, don't know about the Marines.

And yes, Eddie is correct. Some 18 to 20 somethings I'm sure were working them.

As to what caused it? Way too many possibilities and not enough information.

Yep, Tim is right... a very small bird will take a jet motor out in a heart beat on "any" jet motor, spinning compressor blades and FOD are a bad mix. of course that may not be the cause which could be a million other things that can go wrong including hydrualic failure both Primary and Utility. I know a couple of guys that I was stationed with that went onto that jet while it was still a "Black Project" Top Secret and it does have a lot of backup systems... but shit still happens. I almost got on that jet myself, but then the first gulf war started and ended that position for me at the time.

Maybe Marck can shed some light on this if possible on the cause(s) if released.

As far as who the Air Force now takes, it isn't like the old days at all. Any issues, drugs, traffic tickets, credit etc... and they won't take you. They are looking for a "few good people" and not just a warm body or target like some of the other branches in certain MOS's/AFSC's etc.

Didn't mean it as a slam on the quality folks we have but I saw too many take the option. As for not having a record, the record isn't there when they accepted the option. Judge would wipe the slate clean for first timers. Guess that was the old days! :leaving