NOTICE TO ALL ACE MEMBERS - Forum Decommissioning ×

need help picking some headers

Parsa

ive got the blackwing air intake and the borla catbacks

what headers would be best for my set-up?

i've been recommended the LG's and Kooks

what are the pros and cons of them and their prices?

Hi,

Both are good but for performance go with the long tube instead of short

Greg

Hi,

Both are good but for performance go with the long tube instead of short

Greg

you know how much they are?

whats the differnce between the two?

According to some the collectors are better in the Pros, but the main advantage is the Pros are the 1 7/8" allowing for much higher HP possibilities. But if you don't plan to go really big, you'd be fine with and 1 3/8" set-up. You can push well over 400 rwhp through 1 3/8" pipes.

According to some the collectors are better in the Pros, but the main advantage is the Pros are the 1 7/8" allowing for much higher HP possibilities. But if you don't plan to go really big, you'd be fine with and 1 3/8" set-up. You can push well over 400 rwhp through 1 3/8" pipes.

so how many horses you think i could get with the street lg's blackwing intake, the borla's and a tune?

OK, just to clarify so there's no confusion, it's 1 3/4", not 1 3/8", as stated earlier in the thread. But I agree with Sean on everything else.

As to HP levels, I would say you'll probably end up very close to the 323rwhp/337rwtq that Sean put down as you'll have vitually the same setup. Just remember that's a rear wheel number, and the 350hp that Chevy claims is at the engine.

OK, just to clarify so there's no confusion, it's 1 3/4", not 1 3/8", as stated earlier in the thread. But I agree with Sean on everything else.

As to HP levels, I would say you'll probably end up very close to the 323rwhp/337rwtq that Sean put down as you'll have vitually the same setup. Just remember that's a rear wheel number, and the 350hp that Chevy claims is at the engine.

wait that confused me..so

323rwhp/337rwtq is how much horsepower?

doesnt a stock vette have 350 horsepower? so how much is added with the listed mods?

sorry if its a dumb question =D

Oops, yes, the streets are 1 3/4", I think I got stuck with the 8 after typing the 7/8. :lol

The 350 is base horse power (BHP) at the fly wheel, not rear wheel horse power (RWHP).

You must figure about 20% loss through the drive line (for an auto), so my 323rwhp translates to about 404 BHP.

When I mention using the pros for big horse power applications, it's not the size of the tubes that gives you that much extra, it allows you to build more through other applications and let the engine exhale all that extra.

As for numbers between the 2 different sets, I think the pros are good for about 5rwhp over the streets (don't quote me on that one though).

Oops, yes, the streets are 1 3/4", I think I got stuck with the 8 after typing the 7/8. :lol

The 350 is base horse power (BHP) at the fly wheel, not rear wheel horse power (RWHP).

You must figure about 20% loss through the drive line (for an auto), so my 323rwhp translates to about 404 BHP.

When I mention using the pros for big horse power applications, it's not the size of the tubes that gives you that much extra, it allows you to build more through other applications and let the engine exhale all that extra.

As for numbers between the 2 different sets, I think the pros are good for about 5rwhp over the streets (don't quote me on that one though).

ooh ok

so 350 bhp translates to like 290 rwhp? or somthing around that?

so how do i figure out my cars rwhp and rwtq?

ooh ok

Dyno is the only way.

ooh ok

Dyno is the only way.

dyno?

It's one of those roller thing-a-ma-bobs you put your car on and measures power. Your rear wheels go up on these spinning drums and as you "accelerate" the wheels spin the drums and based on the computer readings, it calculates how much power you have.

dyno2_b.jpg

It's one of those roller thing-a-ma-bobs you put your car on and measures power. Your rear wheels go up on these spinning drums and as you "accelerate" the wheels spin the drums and based on the computer readings, it calculates how much power you have.

dyno2_b.jpg

oh wow man youve been very helpful

i really appreciate it =)

where can i get a dyno check

There are a number of places.

I believe Extreme Motorsports in Tempe Linky

ADS, don't have a link

Gearhead Garage, don't have a link

ADC Linky

There are others, but these are the ones I know of.