Robert and Elizabeth

Robert and Elizabeth

I went to the NHRA site and found out that I need one of these helmets:

Snell K98

M2000

M2005

SA2000

SA2005

I found a place here in Gilbert that sells the M2005 and the SA2005, but they want $135 new. Does anyone know where I can buy used and if I need full face or open face for drag racing and autocross? I need to know this before Ken's ZO6 fest (Feb 29th).

Thanks,

E~

Cycle Gear ( http://www.cyclegear.com ) sells several motorcycle helmets which are rated M2005 - unfortunately helmets are pretty pricey and I'm not sure if you're going to find anything cheaper. The helmet that I wear when riding my motorcycle cost over $500 new!

If you're looking for a dirt cheap helmet which meets the specifications, I noticed Walmart of all places carrys a couple Bell helmets. Might be worth a look. That or take a look on Craigslist for a used one.

Hope this helps!

Hey E! I don't know how far this is from you, but the Helmet Harbor even has a coupon for local biz: Linkski :cfdeadagain

The Helmet Harbor

511 W. Guadalupe Rd., #4

Gilbert, AZ 85233

480-635-1005

They usually have everything in stock... :partygrnhat:

Go with the SA2005......

The SA is for Snell Automotive.

They are fire rated which cycles don't need and many sanctioning bodies will not accept M ratings even in low speed events.

Open faced or closed in mostly personal choice at our speeds.

Closed face when you get to the next level..

How much are you brains worth??

Get the best you can, just make sure it is comfortable, snug but no hotspots over extended periods.

My .02

Ken

Go with the SA2005......

The SA is for Snell Automotive.

They are fire rated which cycles don't need and many sanctioning bodies will not accept M ratings even in low speed events.

Open faced or closed in mostly personal choice at our speeds.

Closed face when you get to the next level..

How much are you brains worth??

Get the best you can, just make sure it is comfortable, snug but no hotspots over extended periods.

My .02

Ken

:agree But for "looks" alone you might wanna check out this one. :banannasword:

49461_3.jpg

Robert and Elizabeth

Thank you all for your responses.

I love that helmet Dean. Is that one NHRA/SCCA approved for what I need? If so......SOLD! :cool

aye.. helmet harbor .. can look at their web site to get an idea of looks an pricing.

Scorpion ..just cant go wrong with a nice Scorpion -g-

-Frank

Guest Z01Mike

you must have a snell 2000 or 2005 for nhra tracks like speedworld and firebird! I got mine at helemt harbour open faced for $115.00!

Elizabeth,

I have a black, full face helmet (Suomy Gun-Wind) in large that I'll sell you. I bought for my wife when I had my Hayabusa and she never wore it, not even once! $50 if you're interested, paid $125 at Helmet Harbor. It's way beyond what is required for car stuff as it's MC rated. It's DOT approved, has a bunch of vents. Here's an article I found on it. I'd say it's 5-6 years old, been in my hall closet in a bag the whole time.....

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/suomy-g...elmet-3161.html

Bob

Robert and Elizabeth

I ended up purchasing at Helmet Harbor a medium Scorpion with yeller and black zig-zag designs on it that is a M2000 with the dark full face visor. The killer bee one is not approved by the NHRA or SCCA. Bummer. I don't have any pix because it is not on their online website yet. Todd and Jane are the owners over there and they said any person that is an ACE member automatically gets a 10% discount.

Hey Bob, too bad that helmet is not in an extra large, Robert can use one. Maybe it may fit him due to it being a different brand. PM me your phone # and we can talk.

Thank you all for your responses. This has been very educational!

R & E~

Glad to hear Todd and Jane helped you out. Hopefully they did not want to kick you out of the store if you mentioned my name. :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

Jane use to work at Bank of America with me many moons ago...... :melissa:

Phil... :devil

Todd and Jane are the owners over there and they said any person that is an ACE member automatically gets a 10% discount.

Bought mine from them last year, to bad we didn't have the discount then... Great service and good prices!

Robert and Elizabeth
E,

I'm an XL too, probably closer to an XXL!! :P The Suomy's run small, I doubt it would fit if he's an XL.

Bob

Thanks Bob for thinking of us. Robert bought his helmet today from Mike and it fit like a glove. Thanks again for your offer though.

Thank you again Big Mike for the helmet. Robert is just tickled pink about it! :partydance: