The weather at the track

ICULUKN

:rockon2: Cool! Thanks Glenn!

Hey, is there a site you ever use to figure density altitude or sea-level corrections for your e.t.'s? It runs what it runs, but we never get the kinda air some of those east coast tracks have ...so running the numbers thru corrections is kinda fun. :cfdeadagain

I am going to either build one or steal one....

This may help. :banannadance:

I found a couple of sites that you can use to determine your e.t. and trap corrections...you know, for extra braggin' rights!

Since we ran at Speedworld today that's what I went lookin' for. Here's the weather data just down the street from Speedworld at the Chrysler Proving Grounds: Weather

You just scroll down to the closest time that matches your slip time to find the temp, humidity, and pressure. I suppose if you run at Fireturd or Tucson you could also search the site for a weather reporting station close to those tracks and your specific date. Google maps can help too.

Now the elevation at Speedworld is 1470 ft., but to convert your times to sea level corrected don't add elevation to the calculator below as it's already in the method of representation of barometric pressure inHg for the Chrysler Arizona Proving Grounds. Use 0 for elevation if you use the Chrysler Proving Grounds data, other recording sites may have their specific elevations listed.

Just plug in the weather numbers and your times HERE, and presto-chango you've got a corrected e.t. and trap speed, and the DA! :partydance: So now you can say "I ran a blah-blah-blah even with a shitty ____ft density altitude!" Now that's bench racing... :lol

:cfdeadagain If you can pilfer that from the Ford boys that put it up, that would be all the better... :banannasword::lol

• 3 weeks later...
I am going to either build one or steal one....

This may help. :banannadance:

I found a couple of sites that you can use to determine your e.t. and trap corrections...you know, for extra braggin' rights!

Since we ran at Speedworld today that's what I went lookin' for. Here's the weather data just down the street from Speedworld at the Chrysler Proving Grounds: Weather

You just scroll down to the closest time that matches your slip time to find the temp, humidity, and pressure. I suppose if you run at Fireturd or Tucson you could also search the site for a weather reporting station close to those tracks and your specific date. Google maps can help too.

Now the elevation at Speedworld is 1470 ft., but to convert your times to sea level corrected don't add elevation to the calculator below as it's already in the method of representation of barometric pressure inHg for the Chrysler Arizona Proving Grounds. Use 0 for elevation if you use the Chrysler Proving Grounds data, other recording sites may have their specific elevations listed.

Just plug in the weather numbers and your times HERE, and presto-chango you've got a corrected e.t. and trap speed, and the DA! :partydance: So now you can say "I ran a blah-blah-blah even with a shitty ____ft density altitude!" Now that's bench racing... :lol

:cfdeadagain If you can pilfer that from the Ford boys that put it up, that would be all the better... :banannasword::lol

Hey, new guy here with additional info. At the wunderground site just plug in zip code 85361. That's the station at 203rd av and Bradley, less than 2 miles from the strip and at el.1580. The Chrysler location is much farther away and at el.1734, so the accuracy suffers somewhat.

I record with a reasonably good barometer and an $8 digital hygrometer/thermometer at the track on each pass. Then later compare to the station stats and correct at Modular Depot. I rarely have more than .02 ET and .20 MPH differences with the station giving better results probably because of the 110 ft. el. difference.

BTW, Google Earth shows Speedworld el. from 1481 start line to 1471 at the finish. Well within the 1% NHRA allows.