More bad press for the Corvette

Eddie44

No, cops cannot be everywhere and predict where those crimes will take place. I'm sorry for your loss, but to say that they are useless is just plain ASSININE!

I don't know you Drew, but I really think you need to evaluate your positions on a lot of things and get a clue. I'm sorry to be so blunt but man you are waaaaay out in right field.

:2cents

I don't mind. I know I'm probably most likely to be in a miltia. :partyspin:

It just lights my fire when it's blatant that they got away with a serious crime. Speeding breaks for cops I could care less of course.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Drewstein

• goldenC4

• MOTV8

Top Posters In This Topic

I am truely sorry to hear about your father, and I can see why you are bitter towards law enforcement, but please understand that there is a limited number of cops and an infinite number of criminals.

As far as the night you got busted racing, there is no way for the cop to tell you werent a criminal.

What because your registration and insurance is up to date? He doesnt even know who you are before he pulls your id.

What time of night was this? 2AM or 9PM? That in itself is a huge factor... The normal 9-5er that most of us are, are not out at 2AM.. .The people who are out at 2AM are probably one of the following

** workers from a service industry job or other swing shift position

** people who are coming back from the bar (DUI)

** people looking to score drugs

** people looking to commit a crime under the cover of darkness.

95% of the population do not fall into the first category, so you have a 95% chance of catching someone doing something they are not supposed to be doing late at night. You self admitted that you did something wrong in racing on a public street, but you are surprised that the cop didnt bring you flowers and a warning and let you go.

I know you work in the hotel industry and you were probably just blowing off some steam after work. Who doesnt, but this time you got caught.

You have to acknowledge that cops deal with the A$$holes of society all day long. They dont know who has a gun and who doesnt or who is going to try and harm them because they have the similar perspective as you; hating cops.

Cops have good days and bad days, just like everyone else....

At no time did I do anything to provoke this and he can see on his little computer screen that I'm no criminal.

umm how about no.

The cop knows the car is legal AND the owner of the car has no warrents, BUT he does know who YOU are. You are some dude in a car that was driving fas and not pulling over.

Are you a thief?

Are you a car jacker?

Are you running away from some crime?

Every action he did is legal and by the book for the officers saftey.

Where were they when my father was murdered? Did they stop the guy with the gun? NO. They showed up and filled out the report. GEE THANKS. Anyone who has dealt with a loss from crime will understand the uselessness of cops.

Im sorry for your loss.

The cops did not take your father away. A scumbag shit hole did.

Hate the scumbag not the cops.

If i were to make a guess your anger is coloring your judgment of all officers. That coloring will amplify any situation you are in that involves police.

Eddie is correct. if you keep going down this path you will end up in prison.

Eddie, how is that hypocritical, exactly? I'm John Q. Public on a cruise. If got nailed for 51 over, I'm goin' on the tarmac cuffed, and the car is impounded. No wrist slap, no break. If Ted got nailed for the same, sorry to say, but YES...he should be subject to department discipline as well because, as part of said job, he swore to uphold the law. That's the point. The subject of this story only got a wrist slap so far, now all the attendant media may force his department to drop the hammer, but that's a different bear. He was gonna slide....that's the hypocrisy.

And burning Ted at the stake would be excessive, IMHO. :partygrnhat:

Dean if Ted or I are on that same cruise and doing 51 over we will probably be on the tarmac next to you. We don't have a tattoo on our foreheads that says we're a cop. The officer stopping a car has no idea who he's dealing with. If he's chasing a car at that kind of speed he probably isn't even running a computer check on the plate cause he's busy driving. Would be avoid being booked, probably but so would alot of other folks. Again, I know of several folks right here on the forum who weren't booked. Ask Brian, he got a criminal speed and it was dropped to a civil with a $300 fine and he's not a cop. Short memory you have Dean.

Short memory you have Dean.

Well, duh! :banannarainbow:

I'll stand by what I posted, it's just an opinion...and I still don't know how I'm hypocritical as you stated. I should support criminal cops getting breaks since Brian got one? Are you saying Brian should be fired for his deal too? Or did he catch a break, and that makes it okay for the cops ticket to get reduced too?

Maybe you told me already, and I forgot.

Look, Ed. We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess. I understand you don't agree with these guys losing their jobs on top of the ticket/fines, but I didn't write the departmental policies that govern them.

Short memory you have Dean.

Well, duh! :banannarainbow:

I'll stand by what I posted, it's just an opinion...and I still don't know how I'm hypocritical as you stated. I should support criminal cops getting breaks since Brian got one? Are you saying Brian should be fired for his deal too? Or did he catch a break, and that makes it okay for the cops ticket to get reduced too?

Maybe you told me already, and I forgot.

Look, Ed. We'll just have to agree to disagree I guess. I understand you don't agree with these guys losing their jobs on top of the ticket/fines, but I didn't write the departmental policies that govern them.

Dean, my only position is why should a citizen like Brian get a break and it be dropped to a civil ticket when the cop gets held to a criminal ticket, large fine and looses his livlihood? That is discrimination rather than the cop getting a break.

I don't know if most of you know but cops are certified by a State agency. If a cop is fired he can't just go to another city and get a job. His certification is yanked and his profession, not just job is gone. You all can go to the next mortgage co, car lot, plumbing co, construction co and start over with a new employer they can't. How would you like to be told you were being fired for a stupid mistake and you could never work in your chosen profession again. Go find another job in another profession. I've seen guys lives destroyed because all they know if police work.

Now don't get me wrong, if they commit a serious criminal offense (traffic doesn't qualify) then I agree they should be banned for life but not what amounts to a misdemeanor traffic offense.

I think before I make enemies of alot of folks I respect and consider friends it would be in all our best interest to lock this thread down. I enjoy a good discussion and hopefully a few of you have been enlightened. I am not pissed with anyone and I hope none of you are pissed at me.

:goodnight: