More bad press for the Corvette

Eddie44

I never speed which is funny. I raced a lot but never speed from A to B. I haven't had to go to traffic school for 11 years now.

I have been pulled over for the most retarded stuff though. One ass took time out of his day to pull me over for no stickers on my plate with the exp date. I asked him if they were valid and sure enough they were! What a shock since he can tell without hasseling me.

I got my license suspended by the DMV for racing on the highway at 1 in the fricking morning when NOBODY was on the damn 101 and I was racing on a part where I could see for ever. Lets just say it was safer than Grand Ave. I was ordered out by gunpoint, handcuffed, and tossed violently on the pavement. I didn't try to run or anything but what ever.

I bought a jeep while my license was suspended and I was unable to insure it do to said license problem. The DMV suspends my registration or whatever on my Jeep because it's uninsured because I have no license. I now have my license back and insurance on both my vehicles and I get pulled over because the plate shows "lack of financial responsibility". I show the cop both insurance cards but I still get the ticket. Why? The jeep is 4 fricking thousand dollars, what effing financial responsibility do I need when I have a $50,000 vette in the garage a-hole. I go to the DMV and show them my insurance but since I got a ticket I have to have my insurance company fax them some crap. Valid insurance card does nothing for them, great!

That's not counting how many fricking driving on a suspended license tickets I have now. I think it's 4? I get one, they suspend it longer, I get to pay a fine and wait until the new date comes. I get another ticket and I pay a bigger fine and wait for the new date. This happened 4 fricking times. Not one time was a cop nice enough to say "get a ride from here" or what ever. Not even 3 FRICKING days before it would become valid. Funny part is I wasn't pulled over for any traffic infractions, just driving on a suspended because those jealous a-holes keep running my plate.

If anyone says it's possible to not drive for a year when you work odd hours is full of it. You cannot find 300 rides to north scottsdale so don't go there. That's not counting going to the store or even to my fiancee's condo when she was very very sick. Yes I got a ticket bringing her medicine because she couldn't even move.

... dude there are so many things wrong with your post. its almost comical.

take 20 min and read this link.

http://keelynet.com/misc/ticket1.htm

It will help you in the future. ...along with dropping that attitude

:agree You make your own luck brother. I would think sometime after the 3rd suspended license ticket something would click.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Drewstein

• goldenC4

• MOTV8

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully those of you that think officers shouldn't get a break on minor traffic situations get a ticket every time your stopped because if officers shouldn't give breaks that will include you.

I have no problem with cops getting breaks when they get pulled over - as long as everybody get the same. It's the special treatment that makes me sick. Like the cops that you see at the bar who are completely wasted driving home - because they know nobody will give them a ticket when they're within their own jurisdiction.

I have no problem with cops getting breaks when they get pulled over - as long as everybody get the same. It's the special treatment that makes me sick. Like the cops that you see at the bar who are completely wasted driving home - because they know nobody will give them a ticket when they're within their own jurisdiction.

I don't know when the last time you saw this happen but the cop was an idiot. Very few cops will give another cop a break on a flagrant DUI. Now I said flagrant didn't I? I personally have called a cab for alot of citizens that were marginal too.

Something none of you have experienced and don't have a clue about is what it's like to rely on another guy to cover your back in a truly life and death situation. If you were in the military tell me you wouldn't give the soldier you were in combat with a ride home if he was slightly intoxicated. I personally wasn't in the military but my son has said there isn't much he wouldn't do for guys he was in combat with. That's the best analogy I can give. If you haven't been there you can't begin to know what it's like.

So you're saying it's okay for cops to give other cops special treatment? I seem to remember Lady Justice having a blindfold... guess it's transparent to fellow officers, huh?

So you're saying it's okay for cops to give other cops special treatment? I seem to remember Lady Justice having a blindfold... guess it's transparent to fellow officers, huh?

Are you saying non cops have never gotten a break?? So cops shouldn't occassionally get the same break they hand out to citizens? I will tell you that during my LE career I gave about 30-40 percent warnings vs tickets.

That's not what I said. In every post of mine I talked about "special treatment" - which I have seen first hand. The law should be applied equally to everyone regardless of their job. Everyone should get the same treatment. Anything else if favoritism and unjust - that's all I'm saying.

That's not what I said. In every post of mine I talked about "special treatment" - which I have seen first hand. The law should be applied equally to everyone regardless of their job. Everyone should get the same treatment. Anything else if favoritism and unjust - that's all I'm saying.

My Daddy had a saying "life ain't fair son, so get over it".

Is it fair that Doctors treat other Doctors with no charge? Lawyers don't charge other Lawyers? For that matter in my current job with a bank I get special rates on savings accounts and loans that you as a customer can't get. Why doesn't that piss you off? That's hitting you in the pocketbook.

There are a number of you on this forum that are just cop haters and you need to face it and admit it. You don't have the balls to do the job and your jealous of those that do getting a little something you don't get. Wah! Wah!

Haha! You're funny.

Now would probably be a good time to let it be known that my brother is a cop. But he believes in fair application of the law regardless of your profession. There are good cops, there are bad cops... and a whole bunch in between.

Boy this has taken a downward spiral.

I seem to remember a few here alone that got off pretty easy.

Jack, Eddie, Brian (CRZYDIAMOND)...criminal reduced just the other day. I'm sure there are more.

I know I got off on a failure to stop at a stop sign when I kinda rolled through it. The Sherrif asked me if I knew why he pulled me over, I said "yeah, probably because I didn't make a full stop back there." He said take it easy from now on and have a good day. Attitude goes a long way.

3 or 4 suspended tickets..c'mon...get a clue. Never speed??? but get racing tickets??? WTF ever dude.

I like cops, most people who get tickets deserve them...remember, most...not all. I don't mind "special" treatment on minor stuff, but I don't think the DUI or racing thing should be one and I doubt they are. We all have jobs where there are perks for doing what we do...can't complain about that.

I've been on a several runs with this bunch now, if any of us get tickets you can pretty well be assured they were deserved. Not that I want us to mind you.

:2cents

Haha! You're funny.

Now would probably be a good time to let it be known that my brother is a cop. But he believes in fair application of the law regardless of your profession. There are good cops, there are bad cops... and a whole bunch in between.

And your brother is a liar if he told you he's never in his career given another cop a break on a speeding ticket or some other minor violation. That is unless he's a rookie and not been on long enough. If he has cited every cop he's stopped he is the most hated cop on his dept. and he won't last long in the business.

Wow. There's a fine line between cutting someone a break, and looking the other way when your police brethren consciously choose to break the law. I think the difference is we don't hold positions of authority in the community and we haven't sworn an oath to uphold the law as they have. A cop who breaks the law is a dishonest cop. He has a blatant disrespect for his job, the community, and that which his badge stands for... law and order. I don't want someone like that in a position of authority, nor representing me in the community. It becomes "cops are just the gang in charge" to the rest of us, and does represent a double standard. If you don't have a deep respect for law and order and a commitment to uphold the law yourself, then don't take a job that commands it. It's blatantly hypocritical to break the very laws you demand others abide by, so leave that job to someone with the maturity, sense of duty and respect for the law that their job demands. Which, I believe, is why the offending officers are actually fired for such behavior as Ted related.

What a hypocritical bunch we have here. You all can go out on a cruise and do triple digits and be pissed when the cop throws your butt in jail or at minimum writes you a criminal citation but if Ted were to break the speed limit by 20 mph he should be prosecuted, fired and burned at the stake because he swore to uphold the law. Where is the justice in that? :toetap

... dude there are so many things wrong with your post. its almost comical.

take 20 min and read this link.

http://keelynet.com/misc/ticket1.htm

It will help you in the future. ...along with dropping that attitude

What's wrong with the post? It's the truth for you to read. Check out my license, it was issued 1/29/08 because that's when I finally got it back.

I never have had a speeding ticket, ever. I have only gotten my racing on the highway ticket and a bunch of driving on suspended tickets.

I never got a break once because they had nothing better to do than harass me. If I were a cop it would have been different from the get go. Nobody should be above the law and those boys in blue set a real bad example with their civil ticket crap.

I'm allowed to hate cops, it's my right as a citizen. With a perfect driving record I got run through the system because some a-hole wanted to be the big man with the gun. Cops have done nothing for me ever and will never be there for me when I need them. They may show up afterwards and write a report, but the chances of them being there to save me are next to nil.

Speed enforcement is BS as proven by the autobaun. The limit free zones are some of the safest highways in the world. I wasn't putting anyone in danger yet I get a gun in the face and tossed on the pavement. I even have a witness as my passenger was treated the same way.

Don't take this the wrong way though. I'm fine with you as a person and on this board ect. But when you're wearing that badge you're not my buddy.

What a hypocritical bunch we have here. You all can go out on a cruise and do triple digits and be pissed when the cop throws your butt in jail or at minimum writes you a criminal citation but if Ted were to break the speed limit by 20 mph he should be prosecuted, fired and burned at the stake because he swore to uphold the law. Where is the justice in that? :toetap

I just want the same treatment for all. 21mph over is criminal period. A cop committing a crime hmmmm...

I was going to stay out of this cause I am the biggest offender on our runs...

But Drew you are off here....

Unless you were doing under 65 in 65 zone when you got pulled over for racing, then you were speeding.

Cops are doing a job that no one else wants to do.. They get much respect from me cause I know I dont want to do their job.

And you say you hate cops, but wait till your girlfriend or daughter gets lost, with no cell phone in South Phoenix. ... Then tell me how much you hate a cop....

You only hate them because of the treatment that you have encountered while you were breaking the law.

The night that you got tossed to the ground, Im sure you are leaving something out of your story.. I have been pulled over for many reasons over my years of driving, and have never been tossed to the ground. Did you make the officer feel that his life was in danger? Your windows are pretty black.

I have a clean driving record, (thanks to the traffic school)... When I got popped for 85 in 65 on the Yuma Run... It was deserved... I was cool with the cop, and I was able to go to traffic school... If I get pulled over ... I probably deserved it....

If you dont want to get pulled over Drew... dont drive a black, louder than hell Supercharged Corvette, with a license plate that is easily identified.

Trade cars with someone (like your fiance) or buy a beater so you dont draw attention to yourself.

Just my .02

Eddie, how is that hypocritical, exactly? I'm John Q. Public on a cruise. If got nailed for 51 over, I'm goin' on the tarmac cuffed, and the car is impounded. No wrist slap, no break. If Ted got nailed for the same, sorry to say, but YES...he should be subject to department discipline as well because, as part of said job, he swore to uphold the law. That's the point. The subject of this story only got a wrist slap so far, now all the attendant media may force his department to drop the hammer, but that's a different bear. He was gonna slide....that's the hypocrisy.

And burning Ted at the stake would be excessive, IMHO. :partygrnhat:

I dont know any job that doesnt have perks...

As eddie said... Doctors treat other Doctors for nothing... Employees at best buy get to purchase the same item for less money (employee discount).

Being a cop doesnt make you above the law, but it does allow you to have a professional courtesy.

I know I have gotten jobs before based on my past experiences of being a Marine; especially when the HR director is Prior Service Marine Corps too..

Hell that is why I wear a Marine Corps tie clasp when I interview. To give myself an unfair advantage over the rest of the people applying for the job.

If you want the same courtesy for speeding... stop bitching and become a cop.

What people need to understand is that there are plenty of people out there who have gotten a civil citation for speeding when they have gone more than 21 over. The officer has the option of issuing a civil cite for any speed greater than 21 over, or go with the excessive speed. I have written a civil citation for speeding up to about 30 over because I didn't feel it was necessary to criminalize the action in those circumstances. Other times I've felt it was appropriate to write an excessive speed violation at exactly 21 over. It is not necessarily fair to say that anyone got special treatment in this case. You can believe what you want and I've never tried to change anyone's mind on here about law enforcement issues. I try to only share my education and experience. You can decide for yourselves.

I don't know you, Drew. It seems odd that you would hate me and all other cops because of what we do at work. We've never met. It's too bad you feel you were mistreated. I seem to remember being pretty nice when I was giving you advice on how to get your license back and I never cared why you lost it in the first place. I didn't judge you then, yet you judge me and all cops based on your experiences.

Are you mad at the judge in your case? Or the prosecutor? Or the court clerk? Or the MVD? They all played their part too.

The law is NOT black and white. Just ask any lawyer. There are checks and balances.

What people need to understand is that there are plenty of people out there who have gotten a civil citation for speeding when they have gone more than 21 over. The officer has the option of issuing a civil cite for any speed greater than 21 over, or go with the excessive speed. I have written a civil citation for speeding up to about 30 over because I didn't feel it was necessary to criminalize the action in those circumstances. Other times I've felt it was appropriate to write an excessive speed violation at exactly 21 over. It is not necessarily fair to say that anyone got special treatment in this case. You can believe what you want and I've never tried to change anyone's mind on here about law enforcement issues. I try to only share my education and experience. You can decide for yourselves.

I don't know you, Drew. It seems odd that you would hate me and all other cops because of what we do at work. We've never met. It's too bad you feel you were mistreated. I seem to remember being pretty nice when I was giving you advice on how to get your license back and I never cared why you lost it in the first place. I didn't judge you then, yet you judge me and all cops on your experiences.

Are you mad at the judge in your case? Or the prosecutor? Or the court clerk? Or the MVD? They all played their part too.

Well said Ted. :thumbs

Oh and Eddie, some of us non-cops are not being hypocritical, we are agreeing with you and Ted, be careful how you lump us all in.

It is not necessarily fair to say that anyone got special treatment in this case.

Yet Eddie freely admits to giving special treatment to other cops. Shouldn't people who are sworn to uphold the law be held to a higher standard - not a lower one?

Whatever, I'm done with this thread. And disgusted by it.

Golden C4.. Everyone gets special treatment in their profession.

Are Marines held to a higher standard because of the job they do? Absolutely.. But if you think that Marines or other Military are not given breaks when the success of their career depends on them not getting a ticket you are wrong.

If you in the hotel industry would you pay full price for a room ... Hell no....

This goes back to something I would tell my daughter when she did something wrong...

There is only 3 things I want to hear...

1. I admit I did something wrong

2. I am sorry,

3. and I change my behavior to not do this again.

This cop made a mistake that could end his career.. So he is given a little room.... BFD.... The cop that caught me for 20 over could have written me for more tickets, but he didnt because applied the rules above. Now Im not saying it will get you out of everything.. but Im sure the cop will be less pissed off at you for breaking the law, than if you mouth off or try and snowball him.

I was going to stay out of this cause I am the biggest offender on our runs...

But Drew you are off here....

Unless you were doing under 65 in 65 zone when you got pulled over for racing, then you were speeding.

Cops are doing a job that no one else wants to do.. They get much respect from me cause I know I dont want to do their job.

And you say you hate cops, but wait till your girlfriend or daughter gets lost, with no cell phone in South Phoenix. ... Then tell me how much you hate a cop....

You only hate them because of the treatment that you have encountered while you were breaking the law.

The night that you got tossed to the ground, Im sure you are leaving something out of your story.. I have been pulled over for many reasons over my years of driving, and have never been tossed to the ground. Did you make the officer feel that his life was in danger? Your windows are pretty black.

I have a clean driving record, (thanks to the traffic school)... When I got popped for 85 in 65 on the Yuma Run... It was deserved... I was cool with the cop, and I was able to go to traffic school... If I get pulled over ... I probably deserved it....

If you dont want to get pulled over Drew... dont drive a black, louder than hell Supercharged Corvette, with a license plate that is easily identified.

Trade cars with someone (like your fiance) or buy a beater so you dont draw attention to yourself.

Just my .02

I was "speeding" yes. What I said was I don't speed from A to B. Speeding from A to B is retarded IMO. I'm more than fine with what I went through if everyone was held to the same standard.

The night I got tossed to the ground I had the windows down and waved to the cop to acknowledge his presence and got off on the Chaparral exit south bound because there was a solid cement wall and no place to pull over. He starts yelling on the loud speaker to stop the car so I pulled to the side asap and stopped. It wasn't the safest place on the off ramp but he's the one yelling at me. I'm then ordered to throw the keys out the window and to put my hands out the window. I then have to open the door from the outside handle and exit the car. This is when I notice he has a gun on me and orders me to face away. I then had to walk backwards towards his car and was told to stop once half way there. Then I had to get on my knees with my fingers locked behind me head. I was approached by the cop, handcuffed, then pushed face first from my knees onto the cement. This was with my hands cuffed mind you so there was no way to soften the blow I received. He repeated this with my passenger.

At no time did I do anything to provoke this and he can see on his little computer screen that I'm no criminal. I didn't put anyone in danger. Nobody can pull out in front of you like on surface streets and I could see for miles as I have beyond perfect vision. Lets just say much MUCH safer than grand ave.

A cop won't be there to save my fiancee, he'll be there to fill out the report on the body. That's why I'm teaching her to shoot and she's going to carry a little 9mm or something lady like. Cops rarely and I mean RARELY ever stop or prevent the crime. It's a crappy design and it's all we have and I don't know the answer to it either.

Where were they when my father was murdered? Did they stop the guy with the gun? NO. They showed up and filled out the report. GEE THANKS. Anyone who has dealt with a loss from crime will understand the uselessness of cops.

:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

I ant takin any sides here, I feel a compassion and understanding for both. But c'mon guys....

I vote for a lockdown.

Anyone who has dealt with a loss from crime will understand the uselessness of cops.

Yeah, and just imagine where we would be without cops. I'm a school teacher and I can tell you, the only thing that keeps most of these kids under control is the "threat of cops" out on the street.

I knew a guy once who said "locks keep honest people honest." Well think of the cops as those locks.

No, cops cannot be everywhere and predict where those crimes will take place. I'm sorry for your loss, but to say that they are useless is just plain ASSININE!

I don't know you Drew, but I really think you need to evaluate your positions on a lot of things and get a clue. I'm sorry to be so blunt but man you are waaaaay out in right field.

:2cents

I don't know you, Drew. It seems odd that you would hate me and all other cops because of what we do at work. We've never met. It's too bad you feel you were mistreated. I seem to remember being pretty nice when I was giving you advice on how to get your license back and I never cared why you lost it in the first place. I didn't judge you then, yet you judge me and all cops based on your experiences.

Oh trust me I hate the whole system. But the several cops that could have been nice all bent me over.

Don't think I have beef with you or any "cop" on this board. Several times you have separated yourself from the job and that's how I look at you. When on cruises and meets there's Ted, the great guy and vette lover. When you go to work there's Ted, the cop. You as a person seem cool as hell so no hard feelings. Just think of it like car salesmen or lawyers. When in uniform you all are easy to hate, but when off the job can be great individuals. :thumbs

I'm really sorry about your father, but we don't yet have a way to always be there before crimes happen to catch the bad guy in the act. My mother was killed by a careless doctor. Luckily, I don't harbor the same ill will against all doctors. If I ever meet you, I won't treat you any differently than anyone else on this forum, hopefully you'll have that respect for me.

I too am done with this thread.

See you guys on the Gila Bend cruise. :)