• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eddie44

• Drewstein

• goldenC4

• MOTV8

Top Posters In This Topic

this guy MUST have been an Asshat/'over the line' for the other officer to write the ticket.

or

is this an inner agency dispute?

this guy MUST have been an Asshat/'over the line' for the other officer to write the ticket.

or

Interesting you say that. I'm not sure most cops would let even another cop off for this type of violation. The interesting part in MCSO patrolled the town of El Mirage until recently when they formed their own Police Department. MCSO is allegedly pissed over loosing the contract.

I will tell you that in talking to other cops most hate Sheriff Joe, not the dept or its policies but Joe himself. Cases like the Chandler K9 Officer being booked when his dog died haven't helped.

or

Interesting you say that. I'm not sure most cops would let even another cop off for this type of violation.

From the Republic:

A copy of the Peoria citation indicates that the citation initially was made out for "excessive" speeding, but "excessive" was crossed out and a civil citation was issued.

How about that wrist slap? I certainly don't have that kind of 'luck'...I think the media getting wind of it actually made it a big deal.

Just last year two Glendale cops also got nailed drag racing on Grand...and didn't a cop wreck out on Pima while racing not too long ago? I'd be interested to know the disposition of each of these incidents, as compared to what Joe Blow would have 'experienced' with the same offenses.

Not trying to stir shit Ed, or Ted, I'm just sayin'....it's bullshit double standards like this that chap the public heinie....IMHO.

MCSO Deputy caught drag racing in his 2008 Corvette

More like bad press for Drag Racing.

In these days of being "politicaly correct" why does the news media still keep calling illegal street racing "drag racing". This is very frustrating for us that go to our local drag strip to race where the proper precautions are taken keep the racers and spectators safe with all the safety rules we have to adhere to.

That's some crap because my license was suspended for the same BS!

This is what makes me hate cops fo sho!

How do you know his won't be? You've already predetermined he's going to get off??? :toetap

I'll bet your employer didn't give you time off w/o pay or even fire you possibly for doing it did they? No, they didn't give a sheit but his employer will, guaranteed!

The majority of cops hate stupid streetracers as much as they hate cops.

According to this columnist he only got a civil traffic ticket:

Looking for a speedway to test out the new 'vette?

Then Peoria is the place for you.

Last week, a 2008 Corvette was spotted on Grand Avenue, doing 96 in a 45 mph zone. A Peoria motor officer pulled it over and lo and behold, turns out the driver was a sheriff's deputy. Specifically, 26-year-old Jason Parker of Surprise, who was off duty at the time he was attempting to take his car airborne.

So naturally, he was hammered, right? Cops more than anybody know just how dangerous it would be to approach light speed on a city street at 9 p.m. and so they're likely to have the book thrown at them, right?

Wrong. Parker got a civil citation, rather than the usual criminal ticket given when you're nailed for going more than 20 mph over the speed limit. The motor officer at first wrote the ticket out as a misdemeanor citation, then crossed it out and issued a standard speeding ticket.

Peoria Police spokesman Mike Tellef assures me this was no case of special treatment for a fellow cop. "It's officer's discretion," he said. "He does not have to write a criminal citiation and the officer said he (Parker) was all by himself, there was no other traffic around him and he didn't write it."

Earlier reports out of El Mirage indicated that the sheriff's deputy had been seen drag racing in their town. Tellef said that was not the case.

Tellef insists that Parker didn't get any special treatment, that the ticketing officer is an experienced cop who has been known to give people a break if circumstances warrant.

Still, it's hard for me to see how going 51 mph OVER the speed limit would ever be a circumstance that would warrant a break. I also question how the ticketing officer would even come to know that the driver was a cop unless the driver was angling for a break.

When's the last time you mentioned what you do for a living when being pulled over for speeding?

The two Glendale officers who got caught drag racing were fresh out of the academy. They were both cited for racing. They were both fired from their jobs (AND this happened IN Glendale).

I am one of the officers who has the task of investigating officer involved accidents. If an officer is found to have committed a violation during an accident, that officer WILL be issued a ticket by me or a supervisor.

I have also written a civil citation for speeds that could have been a (criminal) excessive speed violation.

When it comes to regular speeding, a badge will probably get me out of the ticket. If it came to DUI or racing, my career would be over. Cops do not get a free pass on serious traffic violations. Arizona is one of the strictest states in officer conduct, IMO.

There was a Phx officer who crashed his motorcycle while DUI and hurt his girlfriend. He is being charged with a felony.

There was a Phx officer who crashed his motorcycle while DUI and hurt his girlfriend. He is being charged with a felony.

I heard about this situation before, not a good situation for these 2.

How do you know his won't be? You've already predetermined he's going to get off??? :toetap

I'll bet your employer didn't give you time off w/o pay or even fire you possibly for doing it did they? No, they didn't give a sheit but his employer will, guaranteed!

Really? Because...

A copy of the Peoria citation indicates that the citation initially was made out for "excessive" speeding, but "excessive" was crossed out and a civil citation was issued.

That my friend is bull sh*# to the greatest extent. That's like me stealing from the company I work for and getting a slap on the wrist.

Their job is to uphold the law and they should be subject to the same punishment we "citizens" are. Getting a break on speeding is one thing, I could care less. Getting a break when they put lives in danger is an entire different situation.

Believe me, there are plenty of regular people getting breaks and warnings out there, regardless of their job. I just listed several examples in my last post of officers being held to the same standards. I'm sorry you haven't gotten a warning or two.

Really? Because...

That my friend is bull sh*# to the greatest extent. That's like me stealing from the company I work for and getting a slap on the wrist.

Their job is to uphold the law and they should be subject to the same punishment we "citizens" are. Getting a break on speeding is one thing, I could care less. Getting a break when they put lives in danger is an entire different situation.

:yesnod:agree

When it comes to regular speeding, a badge will probably get me out of the ticket. If it came to DUI or racing, my career would be over. Cops do not get a free pass on serious traffic violations. Arizona is one of the strictest states in officer conduct, IMO.

Maybe not in your department, but I've known enough cops to know this isn't true. None of the cops I've known would give another (in the same department) a DUI or racing ticket unless they had to - like if they were involved in an accident or there were a lot of witnesses.

Now all of the cross-jurisdiction rivalry between departments... that's where it gets fun. :yesnod

Believe me, there are plenty of regular people getting breaks and warnings out there, regardless of their job. I just listed several examples in my last post of officers being held to the same standards. I'm sorry you haven't gotten a warning or two.

I never speed which is funny. I raced a lot but never speed from A to B. I haven't had to go to traffic school for 11 years now.

I have been pulled over for the most retarded stuff though. One ass took time out of his day to pull me over for no stickers on my plate with the exp date. I asked him if they were valid and sure enough they were! What a shock since he can tell without hasseling me.

I got my license suspended by the DMV for racing on the highway at 1 in the fricking morning when NOBODY was on the damn 101 and I was racing on a part where I could see for ever. Lets just say it was safer than Grand Ave. I was ordered out by gunpoint, handcuffed, and tossed violently on the pavement. I didn't try to run or anything but what ever.

I bought a jeep while my license was suspended and I was unable to insure it do to said license problem. The DMV suspends my registration or whatever on my Jeep because it's uninsured because I have no license. I now have my license back and insurance on both my vehicles and I get pulled over because the plate shows "lack of financial responsibility". I show the cop both insurance cards but I still get the ticket. Why? The jeep is 4 fricking thousand dollars, what effing financial responsibility do I need when I have a $50,000 vette in the garage a-hole. I go to the DMV and show them my insurance but since I got a ticket I have to have my insurance company fax them some crap. Valid insurance card does nothing for them, great!

That's not counting how many fricking driving on a suspended license tickets I have now. I think it's 4? I get one, they suspend it longer, I get to pay a fine and wait until the new date comes. I get another ticket and I pay a bigger fine and wait for the new date. This happened 4 fricking times. Not one time was a cop nice enough to say "get a ride from here" or what ever. Not even 3 FRICKING days before it would become valid. Funny part is I wasn't pulled over for any traffic infractions, just driving on a suspended because those jealous a-holes keep running my plate.

If anyone says it's possible to not drive for a year when you work odd hours is full of it. You cannot find 300 rides to north scottsdale so don't go there. That's not counting going to the store or even to my fiancee's condo when she was very very sick. Yes I got a ticket bringing her medicine because she couldn't even move.

I never speed which is funny. I raced a lot but never speed from A to B. I haven't had to go to traffic school for 11 years now.

I have been pulled over for the most retarded stuff though. One ass took time out of his day to pull me over for no stickers on my plate with the exp date. I asked him if they were valid and sure enough they were! What a shock since he can tell without hasseling me.

I got my license suspended by the DMV for racing on the highway at 1 in the fricking morning when NOBODY was on the damn 101 and I was racing on a part where I could see for ever. Lets just say it was safer than Grand Ave. I was ordered out by gunpoint, handcuffed, and tossed violently on the pavement. I didn't try to run or anything but what ever.

I bought a jeep while my license was suspended and I was unable to insure it do to said license problem. The DMV suspends my registration or whatever on my Jeep because it's uninsured because I have no license. I now have my license back and insurance on both my vehicles and I get pulled over because the plate shows "lack of financial responsibility". I show the cop both insurance cards but I still get the ticket. Why? The jeep is 4 fricking thousand dollars, what effing financial responsibility do I need when I have a $50,000 vette in the garage a-hole. I go to the DMV and show them my insurance but since I got a ticket I have to have my insurance company fax them some crap. Valid insurance card does nothing for them, great!

That's not counting how many fricking driving on a suspended license tickets I have now. I think it's 4? I get one, they suspend it longer, I get to pay a fine and wait until the new date comes. I get another ticket and I pay a bigger fine and wait for the new date. This happened 4 fricking times. Not one time was a cop nice enough to say "get a ride from here" or what ever. Not even 3 FRICKING days before it would become valid. Funny part is I wasn't pulled over for any traffic infractions, just driving on a suspended because those jealous a-holes keep running my plate.

If anyone says it's possible to not drive for a year when you work odd hours is full of it. You cannot find 300 rides to north scottsdale so don't go there. That's not counting going to the store or even to my fiancee's condo when she was very very sick. Yes I got a ticket bringing her medicine because she couldn't even move.

... dude there are so many things wrong with your post. its almost comical.

take 20 min and read this link.

http://keelynet.com/misc/ticket1.htm

It will help you in the future. ...along with dropping that attitude

Drewstein, the system is just out to get you. What can I say, maybe some day you'll grow up and become an adult.

Unitl then good luck cause you're going to find you azz in prison (not jail) soon.

Hopefully those of you that think officers shouldn't get a break on minor traffic situations get a ticket every time your stopped because if officers shouldn't give breaks that will include you. Probably would get a ticket anyway because of your shitty attitudes. Yes, cops are human and do write tickets based on attitude occassionally.

If you research this forum I know of at least two individuals that have gotten civil tickets when they could have been charged with criminal traffic violations and they aren't cops.

There are "perks" to every job and this happens to be one of the few benefits of being a cop. If you have the balls to do the job then you too could get those breaks.

I can guarantee there are very few breaks for a cop committing a criminal traffic violation and on top they will loose their job. Would you loose yours if you committed a criminal traffic violation? NO!

I spent 72 hours in jail once after getting my 10th or 11th driving on suspended ticket. Can't really get mad at anyone but me though....