Racing Style Seats

Guest XLR8TNC5

Guest XLR8TNC5

I am looking to put some racing seats in my Vette, but I am notsure what brands are best? I have looked at Corbeau, Recaro, Sparco, Tenzo, Nismo, Megan, and some others I can't even remember the name of.

Which are the best? I am looking for leather wrapped, black with gray inserts and piping stitching. They have to be reclining as well.

I have tried to get in touch with Chris Waymire, but he doesn't respond to emails or PM's. So, if anyone talks to him, can you forward my information and have him contact me.

Also, I have two questions:

1. I know that the stock seats have the seatbelt holder attached to the seat, so I am assuming when I remove the seat, I will no longer have a place to plug my seatbelt into. So, do racing seats come with that or do I need to order them and then find a way to bolt them into the car? Am I better off just going with a new lapbelt (racing style?)

2. Can I keep my stock rails? Should I order new ones with the seats and do they come in different heights? I have my seat sitting pretty low as far as its adjustment right now, but Im a little worried I wont be able to see over the dash if I get too low a seat?

3. Does removing the stock power seats to lighten my car make it faster? (IM JUST KIDDING.) I couldn't resist. lol.

Thanks all. and..Oh yeah, if someone has racing seats in their Vette, can I meet you somewhere and sit in them to see if I like the height and seatbelt arrangement? Being 5'3" I just want to make sure I will be happy with them.

Tanya

Tanya, I want to be the first to ask for your stock seats if you change them out.

I won't need the mounting brackets either...

Hopefully cheap too. :thumbs

Guest waymirec

hrmm.. what email address did you send to? I don't remember seeing any. I did get a new message on here but it just caught my eye. My seats are Corbeau A4's. I initially wanted the CR1 but unfortunately they would not fit. The A4 barely fit as it was. As to your other questions regarding the possibility of using the stock seatbelt and stock rails, I can't really say but I can could call up my guys at AZ AUto Werks and ask them. I can tell you that my seats certainly feel like they sit alot higher then stock. I notice it every time I get into any other C5.

Guest XLR8TNC5

Hey Chris,

Thanks for replying to this. I emailed you at whatever email it is sent to from here. However, upon further looking, I don't see where it sent the email to you in my"sent" box. It is possible it did not go through. Anyway, glad you saw your PM and are here now. :D

I have been looking at the Corbeau Legacy's! I love those, but they are too wide at the front for the C5. So, I decided to go with the A4's, (as do most C5 owners) and I am getting the all black microsuede.

Here is a question for ya, I am ordering the 3 pt ratcheting harnesses for the seats, and I need to order the rails/Slides/ mounts, whatever we want to call them, but in their products list, they only list mounts up to a 96 model Corvette. Can you find out or tell me which brackets AZ Werks used for your A4's?

I appreciate any help with this you can provide. Or, instead of making you answer a ton of questions, maybe I can get AZ werks website, or phone# from you and I will call them. Thanks. :thumbs

Tanya

Guest waymirec

Their website (not of much help) is www.azwerks.com.

The guy that actually did most of the work on my car is Danny .. their office number is 602.517.1111. Unfortunately they probably wont be open until Tuesday, but I can give Danny a call on Tuesday and ask him any questions you are looking for answers on. Danny is a very cool guy, if you do decide to call him yourself just mention that you are a friend of mine and are looking for information on the same model of seat he put in my car and i'm sure he'd be more then forthcoming with answers.

Guest XLR8TNC5

:P Ordered my Corbeau A4's (in black microsuede) this afternoon. Along witht he mounting brackets, sliders, 3 pt racing harnesses and pads.! :D

Should be here Tuesday. Hope to install them on Wed or Thursday and then try them out for the drive to ShowLow/Payson/Johnny Angels on that Saturday! They are going to be soooo bad ass! I can't wait.

I went over to Anglo-American Road Racing and got them from there. Martin and the team over there are awesome! They are from New Zealand I believe. Very knowledgeable, polite as hell and just good business people. He had a 720hp Small block "old old old" Vette on a trailer in the back of the shop. If you all need any racing supplies, materials, ie: seats, harnesses, hoses, gas cans, sway bars, etc....I would recommend them.

Lata all,

Tanya

Guest XLR8TNC5

Oh yeah, Dwayne, PM me and I will let you know what I am looking for as far as getting rid of my stock seats.

Just so you know, they are the regular C5 popsicles, not the sports seats. The driver side is the only power one.

Did you want the Wet Okoles with them?

Lata,

Tanya

Hopefully, they will be for sale by the weekend of the Payson/Showlow cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sidewinder

WOOHOO!!! Picked up my racing seats tonight! Now, Marky just has to install them for me. I do have a question though. Where the hell do we drill the hole for the bolts for the top connector of the harness that goes through the top of the seats? Any suggestions?

I got the 3 point retractable just as an FYI. THanks!

Signed TANYA (under Mark's login.)

Hey Keith, you need to peruse the C3 section on the corvette forum, theres very few aftermarket seats that will fit.

This is also why I jumped on Tanya's seats....Umm Yeah that sounded ok :thumbs