New Guy Here

Kerry

Love it!! Looks like it's in really good shape. Much nicer then mine ever was. I still kind of miss mine though. First car and all. Had fun learning about cars and fixing it up though.

The Lemans is a great car. I am taking it out for one last ride tonight. The Vette should be here tomorrow. I'll fill everyone in when it gets here and I give it a look in person.

Phill

That just happens to be the Chevron station that I use to fill up my C5. I live across the streets from the Sprouts behind you, I have been using that station since it switched to Chevron.

Rick

Welcome to AC3E from Mesa! :howdy

If you don't already have the Factory Service Manual and the AIM (Assembly Manual) for your year, get them - they are worth their weight in gold. I got mine from ebay and with good prices. For me, I do about 80% of my parts buying from Ecklers Corvette Parts, never had a problem with then. Also have bought from MidAmerica and Corvette Central. For the hard to find - discontinued parts, then ebay or the various vette yards around the country. I have bought parts from all over the the USA trying to keep my 82 original as can be.

The first areas you should look at is the drive train - brakes, suspension and steering being the top of the list as they are safety issues. Mine needed a lot of work in these departments and it wasn't cheap. You just need to have a mechanically safe and sound 23 year old car!

There are some knowledgeable C3 people on here so don't hesitate to ask anything; if we don't know the answer, we will find the answer.

I see you are from Chandler; if you are ever up Dobson and Ray area, my Chevron is on the corner. If you see my vette there, stop in and ask for me, I'd love to meet you - Also you will not find a better day old hot dog in Chandler..... :yesnod

Welcome!

:thumbs

Phill

That just happens to be the Chevron station that I use to fill up my C5. I live across the streets from the Sprouts behind you, I have been using that station since it switched to Chevron.

Rick

Welcome to AC3E from Mesa! :howdy

If you don't already have the Factory Service Manual and the AIM (Assembly Manual) for your year, get them - they are worth their weight in gold. I got mine from ebay and with good prices. For me, I do about 80% of my parts buying from Ecklers Corvette Parts, never had a problem with then. Also have bought from MidAmerica and Corvette Central. For the hard to find - discontinued parts, then ebay or the various vette yards around the country. I have bought parts from all over the the USA trying to keep my 82 original as can be.

The first areas you should look at is the drive train - brakes, suspension and steering being the top of the list as they are safety issues. Mine needed a lot of work in these departments and it wasn't cheap. You just need to have a mechanically safe and sound 23 year old car!

There are some knowledgeable C3 people on here so don't hesitate to ask anything; if we don't know the answer, we will find the answer.

I see you are from Chandler; if you are ever up Dobson and Ray area, my Chevron is on the corner. If you see my vette there, stop in and ask for me, I'd love to meet you - Also you will not find a better day old hot dog in Chandler..... :yesnod

Welcome!

post-771-1203009156.jpg

Phill's Vette

Phill

Rick

COOL!

Yeah, we rebranded it from ARCO to Chevron about 15 months ago, best thing we could have ever done with that site!

If you look to the left side of the front doors, in the windows, you will see the ACE business cards. :ACE:

If you see my Vette there, over on the north side of the lot, come in and ask for me - coffee/soda's on me!