New Guy Here

Kerry

Hey everyone just signed up. Looks like it is 90% done deal that I am getting a 1980 Corvette. Black, Black interior, pretty much stock. I am trading my 1967 Lemans for it. I should hopefully have it here in a couple weeks if the deal goes well. I am pretty damn excited about it as well. I had a 1975 Corvette around 18 years ago and loved it. It needed work but it drove great. I have had many classic & muscle cars over the years (and loved them all) but truthfully, I think in the back of my mind, I wanted another Vette. Time to take the tops off and just drive. If anybody knows of any good Corvette parts places that are local or anything Corvette related that I should know of, please let me know.

Thanks !!

Hello Kerry, Welcome to :ACE:

We sold our 82 just over a year ago, and yeah I miss it. Let us know if you have any questions, were pretty good at telling you how to either fix it or break it worse.....

I'll get some links together for you with the local parts yard and shops to trust...

:howdy from Litchfield Park

Good luck closing the deal. Once you get her you'll have to join us for next month's lunch. Just check the Events Section for details.

:welcome: to :ACE: Just post your questions on here there is someone on here that will know the answer or where to find it Btw Great choice of color for you C-3. :black vette::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave3::wave3::wave3::wave3:

Hello Kerry, Welcome to :ACE:

We sold our 82 just over a year ago, and yeah I miss it. Let us know if you have any questions, were pretty good at telling you how to either fix it or break it worse.....

I'll get some links together for you with the local parts yard and shops to trust...

That would be great, Thanks !!!

Well, it appears it is a done deal and I should hopefully have the Vette this weekend or early next week. Kinda stoked here. If you see a black 80 driving around this weekend or next week and the guy has a big grin, that will probably be me. Make sure to honk !

Well, it appears it is a done deal and I should hopefully have the Vette this weekend or early next week. Kinda stoked here. If you see a black 80 driving around this weekend or next week and the guy has a big grin, that will probably be me. Make sure to honk !

Don't forget the Corvette :howdy

Phill's Vette

Welcome to AC3E from Mesa! :howdy

If you don't already have the Factory Service Manual and the AIM (Assembly Manual) for your year, get them - they are worth their weight in gold. I got mine from ebay and with good prices. For me, I do about 80% of my parts buying from Ecklers Corvette Parts, never had a problem with then. Also have bought from MidAmerica and Corvette Central. For the hard to find - discontinued parts, then ebay or the various vette yards around the country. I have bought parts from all over the the USA trying to keep my 82 original as can be.

The first areas you should look at is the drive train - brakes, suspension and steering being the top of the list as they are safety issues. Mine needed a lot of work in these departments and it wasn't cheap. You just need to have a mechanically safe and sound 23 year old car!

There are some knowledgeable C3 people on here so don't hesitate to ask anything; if we don't know the answer, we will find the answer.

I see you are from Chandler; if you are ever up Dobson and Ray area, my Chevron is on the corner. If you see my vette there, stop in and ask for me, I'd love to meet you - Also you will not find a better day old hot dog in Chandler..... :yesnod

Welcome!

:thumbs

If you don't already have the Factory Service Manual and the AIM (Assembly Manual) for your year, get them - they are worth their weight in gold. I got mine from ebay and with good prices. For me, I do about 80% of my parts buying from Ecklers Corvette Parts, never had a problem with then. Also have bought from MidAmerica and Corvette Central. For the hard to find - discontinued parts, then ebay or the various vette yards around the country. I have bought parts from all over the the USA trying to keep my 82 original as can be.

The first areas you should look at is the drive train - brakes, suspension and steering being the top of the list as they are safety issues. Mine needed a lot of work in these departments and it wasn't cheap. You just need to have a mechanically safe and sound 23 year old car!

There are some knowledgeable C3 people on here so don't hesitate to ask anything; if we don't know the answer, we will find the answer.

I see you are from Chandler; if you are ever up Dobson and Ray area, my Chevron is on the corner. If you see my vette there, stop in and ask for me, I'd love to meet you - Also you will not find a better day old hot dog in Chandler..... :yesnod

Welcome!

Phil.....Thanks for the advice. I know where the Chevron is, not far from me (Gilbert & Chandler) so I will absolutly stop in. Here is a shot of my new Vette where it is located patiently waiting for its trip to Arizona.

post-813-1202776562.jpg

Phil.....Thanks for the advice. I know where the Chevron is, not far from me (Gilbert & Chandler) so I will absolutly stop in. Here is a shot of my new Vette where it is located patiently waiting for its trip to Arizona.

NICE!!!

Of course, I'm a little biased towards black fastback C3s.

Does this sound familiar to anyone ?? A while back I found a restoration place in the area (Tempe maybe) that did engine painting. They had before and after shots on their website. They do not remove the engine they just pretty it up while it is in the car. I can't remember the name of the place. My new Vette and my brothers 65 Belair could use some refreshing.

Thanks !

:howdy from Just South of the North Pole (Canada) and Just a few seconds North of Montana . . . . . . .

Please post a picture of your Corvette and be sure to become familiar with the complete ACE site including the Events Section. Don't be shy. If you need any help using the ACE Forum just ask any Forum Moderator or Administrator . . . . . they'd be happy to help you out. Be sure to put your mark on the ACE MAP and tell us how you heard about ACE by Clicking Here

John (jstrutt) :crazy

Does this sound familiar to anyone ?? A while back I found a restoration place in the area (Tempe maybe) that did engine painting. They had before and after shots on their website. They do not remove the engine they just pretty it up while it is in the car. I can't remember the name of the place. My new Vette and my brothers 65 Belair could use some refreshing.

Thanks !

I have never heard of a place like that.

I would suggest talking to Joe at:

Classic Gold Auto Center

317 S Rockford Dr

Tempe, AZ 85281

(480) 967-2521

He is a member here and he really takes care of ACE members...

'67 LeMans eehhh!!!! That was my first car I ever had. Very nice choice on the Vette though. I love the black ones. I had a '95 Triple Black that I just sold. Hard to keep clean but looked really good when it was. Let's see some pics when it gets here. Oh yeah, WELCOME TO ACE. You'll love it here.

Did it look like this?? I know, this one is a little beat up. But I did get it fixed and painted..

MarksFirstCar-67LeMans-May1979.jpg

Phill's Vette

Welcome!

Kerry,

Looks very nice! You gotta be going crazy with the waiting :chris I had to wait about two weeks before my 82 was ready and spent most of this time on the internet just looking at C3's and learning anything and everything I could about them. The anticipation will soon be over though for you!

So you know, that funny grin you have even now, does not go away :yesnod The "Normal" people (Non-Vette people) will either think you are stoned or a little off center..... But we'll know :thumbs

You know, I still feel the same, first day excitement everyday I drive my Vette; though I don't stand outside in my underwear, at 3am and just staring at the car anymore.... Now I wear cloths! LOL

I'll be watching for you!

:ACE:

Phill's Vette
'67 LeMans eehhh!!!! That was my first car I ever had. Very nice choice on the Vette though. I love the black ones. I had a '95 Triple Black that I just sold. Hard to keep clean but looked really good when it was. Let's see some pics when it gets here. Oh yeah, WELCOME TO ACE. You'll love it here.

Did it look like this?? I know, this one is a little beat up. But I did get it fixed and painted..

MarksFirstCar-67LeMans-May1979.jpg

Cool 67 LeMans!! I love that style!

Was that picture taken in a grave yard? What's the story Mark? :burnout2

Phill......Yeah I am excited. I remember my 75 Vette and how fun it was driving that. Until then, I am out in the garage saying goodbye to the Lemans (wish I could have both). It leaves when they drop off the Vette. What I am looking forward to is taking the tops off, playing some tunes and just cruzing around.

See you soon !

Cool 67 LeMans!! I love that style!

Was that picture taken in a grave yard? What's the story Mark? :burnout2

Yeah, It was by a graveyard. Had grave sights on both sides of me. The town I lived in was pretty small and this was the only place I could think of that I knew no one would be at so I wouldn't have to move the car from the street. Needless to say, I was right. Nobody bothered me, not even the residents. Didn't see any ghosts or anything that would make me leave REALLY FAST!!!!ghost1.gifSorry to see Kerry give up his, but he is getting a Vette in exchange. So that is good.c1corvettewave.gif