Anybody played with one of these?

goldenC4

Have the passport 8500 X50 with the ZR3 Shifter laser jammer. Love it! It's saved my bacon a few times.

Have the passport 8500 X50 with the ZR3 Shifter laser jammer. Love it! It's saved my bacon a few times.

This is a "performance meter", not a radar detector. Like the old G-tech ones, but a little more advanced. I'll post up some details when I get it next week. Hopefully I can get some before and after exhaust system numbers. :partyspin:

I'll see if I can't "appropriate" a laser or radar for testing purposes one of these days... I can't believe a jammer works.

I'll see if I can't "appropriate" a laser or radar for testing purposes one of these days... I can't believe a jammer works.

Ted, the concept is simple!!

#1 Signal detected, overload the radar to give a false reading which gives you time to hammer the brakes.

#2 when radar detected, shoot a stronger signal at the frequency that shows under the posted.

It's a computer chip race for the big buck items!!

Mythbusters already did a show on it!

They showed they are bogus!!

Those Infomercials DO work!! I've got this land......................................

Ken

I thought I remembered that. Our radars are instant on and get a speed immediately. I don't see how a jammer would be able to react fast enough. As for the Lidar, all I have to do is point it at the front bumper. The laser beam is only about 1' wide at about 500' or so. The laser detector wouldn't even see the beam let alone 'jam' it. It sounds bogus even without a test.

They should call them 'ticket detectors'.

And now we have turned this thread upside down!!

If G meters weren't cool, would GM have included them in the C6 HUD??

Ken

The G meter is probably the best thing about the C6 HUD. I leave it on all the time. :thumbs

That looks better than the old Gtech.

Just think, you have G meter for your E ticket ride... :burnout2

Ken

Ken

Am I missing something here. My C-6 G-meter seems only to measure lateral or cornering force Gs.----not straight line accereration Gs.

Clue me in.

Hawkeye

Ken

Ken

Am I missing something here. My C-6 G-meter seems only to measure lateral or cornering force Gs.----not straight line accereration Gs.

Clue me in.

Hawkeye

You're right Hawkeye! The C6 meter only measures lateral force but it's a lotta fun through corners. I try to see how high I can get it. So far it's been to .57 :partydance:

Ken

Ken

Clue me in.

Hawkeye

You're right Hawkeye! The C6 meter only measures lateral force but it's a lotta fun through corners. I try to see how high I can get it. So far it's been to .57 :partydance:

.57? I think I've done that in Jenna's Jeep! :lol

Robert and Elizabeth

Yeah, I think I've been in the .8-.9 already. Cornering is my specialty. I can't remember exactly what the highest was because my eyes are on the road, not the HUD when I do serioius cornering. But, I do leave that mode on at all times so I can glance when I want to.

E~

I don't have a meter, but I can feel when I've reached the limit. :lol

When that nose just starts to slide and the tires are screaming (that's called "pushing" in NASCAR terms, some may call it understeer). :lol What a blast. :thumbs

As E says, that's the highest I've seen. Much higher and my eyes aren't on the HUD.

I'm sure I had it up to at least the .7 or .8 range going up Yarnell hill playing with that Audi TT but DPS spoiled that fun :lol

[quote