I sprayed today!

Bigfoot

Wow, what a kick in the ass!!! :D

I only went with the 75 shot for the first run...just to be on the safe side.

It was a good kick in the ass even though dummy me f'ed up slightly. I didn't make sure my fuel and N2O fittings were tight at the nozzle and sprayed a little fuel and N2O at the front of the engine...which means I didn't get the full 75. No she did not lean out. They must have leaked equally as they both seemed as loose as the other when I checked when I got back.

Even so, you can really feel it hit. I did not let it spray in first gear this time. I waited until I was fast enough in 2nd gear before I "hit" it. :lol Next time will be the 100. From this test I'm sure she will be just fine. Oh, and I only had 600 lbs of bottle pressure. I could not use my heater as that fitting is leaking and had to take it off, so I had to run 300 to 350 lbs less than where it should be. The guy at Checker didn't think he got it full as his bottle went empty while filling mine.

Oh, BTW, where can I get a decent fire extinguisher for a car. Now that I'm spraying I need some safety equipment.

:burnout

The only thing I really have to add is that if you want a white ABC rated fire extinguisher instead of a red one go to any boat supply shop - like West Marine.

I think Halon is no longer being made.

Tell Luke AFB that. :lol

Well, maybe not for public sale anyway. I'll take a look at a boat place this weekend.

I think Halon is no longer being made.

Tell Luke AFB that. :lol

Well, maybe not for public sale anyway. I'll take a look at a boat place this weekend.

yeah Halon works great, but is kinda dangerous. you want to get something you can use in every possible situation, including putting a fire out while trapped in the car. I think Halon would be a little counter productive in that situation.

I found this on Wikipidea under Clean Agent Fire Extinguishers....

"Halon (including Halon 1211 and Halon 1301), a gaseous agent that inhibits the chemical reaction of the fire (displaces oxygen). Classes B:C for lower weight fire extinguishers (2.3 kg ; 5 lbs or less) and A:B:C for heavier weights (4.1-7.7 kg ; 9-17 lbs). Banned from new production, except for military use, as of January 1, 1994 as its properties contribute to ozone depletion and long atmospheric lifetime, usually 400 years. Halon was completely banned in Europe resulting in stockpiles being sent to the United States for reuse. Although production has been banned, the reuse is still permitted. Halon 1301 and 1211 are being replaced with new halons which have no ozone depletion properties and low atmospheric lifetimes, but are less effective.

CO2, a clean gaseous agent which displaces oxygen. Highest rating for 7.7 kg (20 pound) portable CO2 extinguishers is 10B:C. Not intended for Class A fires."

Well I'm really happy your news was allot better than cAhd's thread...

When are you getting new tires?

Halon: Yes, I am aware of the dangers, however, after 20 years in the AF I know the safe procedures for its use. As far as in the car, I'll be bailing out if there was a fire before I tried to extinguish it, know matter what kind of extinguisher it was. :lol

Tires: I'll get them as soon as I can. I have a guy trying to find me a used set now to get me by. But I may not wait that long. I may have to call Drew really soon. :lol

Well, I sprayed a 100 shot through tonight. Boy howdy, with tight fittings and the bigger shot she really goes.

One thing is for sure, I cannot spray in 1st gear. When I tried, but when the shot hit those tires just lit up!!! They hold up fine when it hits in 2nd gear. I never made it to 3rd as I run out of road real quick on the those dark farm roads. :lol

I should probably wait until I get those DR's before I step up to the 125 or 150. :burnout

Man this is FUN!!!!!!!!!

When is the next Vette track day??????

Halon is still being made and is the only thing the FAA allows us to use on the aircraft as it extinguishes ABandC rated fires without corrosion to metal and wiring

ad·dic·tion (ə-dĭk'shən)

n.

a: Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance.

b: An instance of this: a person with chemical addictions.

a: The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.

b: An instance of this: had an addiction for fast cars.

I just had to post this. Please re-read #2 b :lol

ad·dic·tion (ə-dĭk'shən)

n.

a: Compulsive physiological and psychological need for a habit-forming substance.

a: The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.

:laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

-grin-

Spray is the debbil.

It gives you a 'taste' of what forced induction can do ..next thing yanno .. yer thirsty for more :)

You know you got it bad when yer lookin at the want ads in National Dragster for someone partin out a Funny car ..lookin for that 'slightly used, low mileage Keith Black alcohol blower motor ..-evil grin-

-Frank (been thirsty for years)

Robert and Elizabeth
ad·dic·tion (ə-dĭk'shən)

n.

:laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin::laughing gut bustin:

That is too funny and sooooo true!!!! :yesnod