Man I'm bummed

jmartin

My little sweet baby boy has been sick since last sunday and after two trips and even a shot from the doctor the day before yesterday he isnt doing any better. He had a fever of 105 at one point so mama took him to doctor this afternoon again and they almost decided to have him transported from there to the hospital in an ambulance but were able to stabilize his o2 levels so the wife could drive him there.

They ran some test and he is positive for RSV and has been admitted into the hospital so they can keep him on oxygen and monitor him. Mama is staying there tonight and I had to come home to take care of some things. Its so sad seeing him with all those wires and tubes and the I.V. stuck in his little arm. What a crappy start to this month so far and this usually is my best month with our aniversary coming up on the 27th. Anyway I'm just bummed beyond words right now and trying to keep myself busy while I wait for the phone to ring hopefully with good news :xfinger

Man, that sucks! I hope for the best for you!

seriously man, that sucks! we all send our best regards, hopes and prayers your way...

BTW, whats RSV?

I am so very sorry for you. My little brother had this Respiratory Problem which the doctors told us that he would continue to have respiratory problems throughout the rest of his life because he has a severe case... His recovery will take a couple weeks (hopefully less) and its very sad to watch them go through.

What sucks is there is no vaccine for this virus.

My blessings to you and your wife and the tiresome weeks ahead of you.

You know we'll be keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers. :angelsad:angelsad

Be sure to let us know how he's doing! Let us know if you need anything, we're not far away.

Sorry to here that Jack I hope things are well.....I just had to take my daughter in for a allergy test which was not fun 34 shots to her back as I held her down while she was screaming........not a fun day.....

Best of luck.......

Thanks everyone unfortunately theres no change in his condition as of yet they still have yet to move him to a room outside of the ER area. They say 2-3 days minimum is their best guess till at least his chest clears up (they come in and suction out his nose and throat every 3 hours) and man is that gross. More info when I get a chance, Thanks again all.

Man, that sucks! I hope for the best for you!

seriously man, that sucks! we all send our best regards, hopes and prayers your way...

BTW, whats RSV?

All the best.

Robert and Elizabeth

Jack, I am so sorry to hear about your son. RSV is a tough virus to fight, especially when one is born so prematurely. He will be vulnerable till he is 3 years old (my best guess). Our hopes and prayers are heading your way as I speak. :angel

RSV is a virus called Respiratory Syncytial Virus that is very hard on little kids. It can cause severe respiratory symptoms in them. Adults can get it too, we just think we have a bad cold.

Antibiotics will not kill it because it is a virus. There is an antiviral for it, it is called Synergis (not sure of spelling) and my son (born at 30 wks) was given it in shot form based on his weight every month during the worst time of year for it, October through April for 2 years. Don't know if Synergis would help once he got the virus, it is a preventative measure.

Jack look into this for your son, it may help so he dosen't get it again. Little kids with big sisters and brothers are at highest risk for catching RSV. Their olders siblings bring it home, they may get sick with a cold (actually RSV) or be a carrier, and then give it to the little one.

E~

I hate when little one's get sick and can't talk. Our prayers to you and your wife, hope the little one gets better soon for you two. :angel:angel

Hi all I finally have some news to report, some good and some bad.

Good news is the babys doing much better and is going to be released to come home today,he's not a 100% but tons better than he was before. He has his smile back and is a little chatter box again, man have I missed that!

Now for the bad news..... The doctors heard what they thought to be a heart murmur (forgive my spelling e~ on this medical stuff) so they did a cat scan and noticed something. At first they thought it to be an extra artery that grew on the heart that did'nt go anywhere just kinda looped around his trachea and in time would constrict it and cut off his airway so sooner or later would have to be dealt with. But after closer examination by a cardiologist its not an artery but what he said to be and dont exactly quote me on this Im getting it second hand from the wife but its and extra valve that formed on the heart. It is wearing a thin spot on his trachea and also moved it and they want to do what ever it is they need to do asap. So in about 4 weeks when they think he'll be strong enough their gonna do open heart surgery and its back to being in the hospital for a while. I dont have all the details yet as we will be seeing the cardiologist on the 21st where he'll sit us down and go over all the details. So much for getting those medical bills paid off last week, here we go again.

For now thats where we stand I'm still in shock over this whole thing and will be having many a sleepless nights in the near future I'm shure. For now I'm just living in the moment and looking forward to playing with him and enjoying his company. Thanks again everyone for your prayers and well wishes its nice to have you folks around.

E~ thanks again for being there to answer my questions the other day it was definitely helpful and steve (1fastc4) thanks for your call and concerns sorry I didnt get back to ya I've just been so busy and sorry I could'nt get over to give you a hand I know you may think of it as no big deal but it is to me thats just the kind of person I am. Hopefully next time I can more helpful.

We're very sorry to hear about this. I hope things work out well for the little guy. We have the best medicine in the world in this country, so at least you can take comfort in knowing that.

Robert and Elizabeth

Is Teodori doing the surgery? Call me and I'll fill you in on what to expect after the surgery. I'm there for you my friend.

Wow Jack, your poor little guy is having a rough start to his life. We will definitely keep him and your family in our prayers. Good luck and all the best for your family. :angelsad

Very sorry to hear of your troubles with the new one. Things will get better for you and your Child. Our Thoughts & Prayers are with you and your family. Like stated about, let us know if you need anything at all.