My NOS Smoked my engine

Guest Blgfoot99

Guest Blgfoot99

After I filled up my bottle I wanted to try her out.

The first run was a blast but the second run the engine stalled and I heard what sounded like marbles in a coffee can.

I’m so disappointed right now.

Did um, you get the opportunity to drive her home? Or is she dead? I'm starting to feel sick for you.

the marbles is extreme detonation.... you need to up your octane or decrease timing..

Need to do a compression check to make sure you have good cylinder pressure.

G

Guest Blgfoot99
the marbles is extreme detonation.... you need to up your octane or decrease timing..

G

I know I have good cylinder pressure because I heard several large pops out the back during my first run.

G

I know I have good cylinder pressure because I heard several large pops out the back during my first run.

Sean... do the compression test.. that is the only way to know for sure

G

oh no. hopefully not too much damage.... at least you didnt hear a loud BANG!!!! that would be an expensive day.

N02 is so fragile. thas why i dont mess with it... id probably break my car :tach:

Robert and Elizabeth

Sorry to hear that Sean. Hopefully you will get it figured out so she runs well again. I can get you Nic's email if you need to talk to him.

If you want to give me a call, then PM me and I will send you my number. I have over 10 years racing on the giggle gas.

Again..I dont know why people on the board dont want to listen to the wisdom I have aquired with over 20 years of building cars, drag racing, and forced induction (including N20).

Sean...did you change your plugs to copper. Platinum plugs burn too hot for nitrous. Get NGK TR6s' and gap them around .038 for a 100 shot....

Well, I have no idea then.

I would have guessed some admin, but I don't see Tim, Eddie or Phil doing it. :lol I could be wrong I guess. So I don't have a best guess. :lol

Nope, not any of the admins... But you have to admit, it was funny!

Yeah, I got a laugh out of it. I just feel bad for all the posters giving sympathy...or the fact that they fell for it. :lol

All except our expert LEO Ted. :thumbs We now know he makes a good cop with that attention to detail. :thumbs

sean.. did you change your plugs to coppers? Dont spray till you do.. you will melt every plug with nitrous if they are platnium.

All except our expert LEO Ted. :thumbs

Horse puckey. :banannarainbow:

That's where Dawg came in....deleting makes him feel warm and fuzzy. :banannadance:

this isn't funny I thought you tore the car up. But i like the new profile it fits for the most part :laugh: :bolt:

JK Sean

Btw is the server clock about a hour ahead?

All except our expert LEO Ted. :thumbs

Horse puckey. :banannarainbow:

That's where Dawg came in....deleting makes him feel warm and fuzzy. :banannadance:

Ok, well you can't blame me for that one Dean. :lol I did not get to see the post. :lol

this isn't funny I thought you tore the car up. But i like the new profile it fits for the most part :laugh: :bolt:

JK Sean

Exsqueeze me? What part of the profile? :lol If it's the wishing I was back in the Air Force, nope, not a chance. :lol I'm proud to have served, but I'm serving elsewhere now. :thumbs:flag

Dean posted Blgfoot99 and Bigfoot99 are not the same person.

I was sitting here laughing at the bogus poster and thought it was to soon to let the cat out of the bag.