Got the call last night

Eddie44

Robert and Elizabeth
Ditto what Sean said.

Ditto here too.

Eddie, we are so happy that your son is on his way home as we speak. That is great news. May his trip home be quick and uneventful. Let us know when he is on US soil. :flag

Ditto what Sean said.

Ditto here too.

Eddie, we are so happy that your son is on his way home as we speak. That is great news. May his trip home be quick and uneventful. Let us know when he is on US soil. :flag

GO EDDIE!!!! man i love this forum! lots of Patriots.

And may i say that i am very proud to currently serve all of you fine ladies and gents. and will defend my country no matter what, becasue i love the United States and what we stand for. Freedom! :flag :flag :flag :flag :flag

Well, any of you AF guys know how to fly a C130?

The kid emailed today. He's been sitting on Balad AFB for three days waiting on a ride. He hopes to get one tonight or tomorrow. He's hoping to be on U.S. soil by late Sunday but it all hinges on flight availability. :toetap

The kid emailed today. He's been sitting on Balad AFB for three days waiting on a ride. He hopes to get one tonight or tomorrow. He's hoping to be on U.S. soil by late Sunday but it all hinges on flight availability. :toetap

I think I could get her off the ground...landing is another story. :lol

Sean it will land what shape it is in after the landing is the problem but i have to agree i think we could get it in the air LOL.

I used to be a mech on them so if they get a mechanical problem, I can help ya, but trying to land that thing does require more skill than I... :partyspin:

Nice to hear he's comin back home :)

It's part and parcel of bein involved in the DoD to go places where it's not just the traffic that's bad.

General Macarthur had the right of it when he said:

"Duty, Honor, Country"

Much as I didn't want to be there, I volunteered to join the USAF, and later volunteered to go to Southeast Asia.

Very 'Un-Cool' thing to do .. just wasn't done by any of the 'in' crowd.

-shrug-

It was the right thing to do.

-Frank (just another Yankee Air Pirate Phantom Phixer)

Eddie, that's great news about your son coming back soon. My son just went into the Marines in a flight slot. He is a second lieutenant, just out of OCS and is in basic now. As soon as he gets done he heads for primary flight school, then after that advanced flight school. This means he has about 1-1/2 years (8 year hitch) before he ships out into any combat situation. I hope that wherever he goes, he can come back in good shape like your son. I am happy for you and your family.

Robert and Elizabeth

We hope his wait is a short one. Gosh, that has got to suck.....so close, yet so far. Keep us all updated Eddie. We are a praying for him. :angel

Well, we got a call this afternoon about 1:30 that he's home in MD (Fort Meade). :partydance

Iraq to Quatar to Kuwait to Washington DC. The better part of 24 hours straight of travel but whose counting!

I was in Balad for 5 months! :) There are definately worse places to be. Congrats and tell him we're all proud of him and the fine job he's doing. :D :partydance: