*Westside* Who all's meeting @ Lowes

P51tj

Who all's meeting @ Lowes (I-10 and Dysart) for the 07:15 departure to AZ Mills/ Casa Grande/ Gila Bend on 2/16??? :chris

This is Robert and Elizabeth's post on the east side meeting:

I'd say lets meet up with the Tucson crowd in Casa Grande at 0930 so that means we leave AZ Mills by 0800. Or, we could meet up with the westsiders and do it like last year. I personally think it would be easier going to Casa Grande and then over to Gila Bend for us IMHO. What do you all want to do? Either way, we should leave AZ Mills by 0800 to meet where ever we end up meeting.

E~

7:15??? Why so early. Dawg says plan on 10:30...it does not take this bunch 3:15 to go 60ish miles. :lol

Read Ted's post...that's why so early...Lowes+AZ Mills+Casa Grande+Gila Bend = 10:30ish. We will be able to sleep in NEXT year. :lol

7:15??? Why so early. Dawg says plan on 10:30...it does not take this bunch 3:15 to go 60ish miles. :lol

Read Ted's post...that's why so early...Lowes+AZ Mills+Casa Grande+Gila Bend = 10:30ish. We will be able to sleep in NEXT year. :lol

Ok, guess I need to pay closer attention. Um, seems the long way around though. :lol

Ok, guess I need to pay closer attention. Um, seems the long way around though. :lol

Only for you! Eastsiders came to the westside last year which was just as much outta their way. We alternate year by year.

If you don't like it move to the middle of town like me :lol

I'm in for the run from Lowe's to Tombstone and then on to Monument Valley in one day :drinkers

Watch out with this bunch. They might miss an exit and end up in New Mexico………..

:andrew:

Eastsiders came to the westside last year which was just as much outta their way.

How so? Gila is west of town...ok, I can see for the Tucson members, but just east valley? Guess I need to check out a map. :lol

Eastsiders came to the westside last year which was just as much outta their way.

How so? Gila is west of town...ok, I can see for the Tucson members, but just east valley? Guess I need to check out a map. :lol

And maps online do wonderful things these days...

Lowe's to AZ Mills is about 29 miles.

AZ Mills to Cracker Barrel in CG (used for reference, 'cause we've all been there, I think, we drove past it on the Topless Cruise) is 40 miles

Using Pima Air and Space Museum as my home reference, to the AZ Pavs in Tucson is about 19 miles.

The AZ Pavs in Tucson to Cracker Barrel is about 56 miles.

Cracker Barrel to the DQ in GB (they didn't have the A&W listed) is about 67 miles.

So let's work backwards.

Leaving Cracker Barrel at about 0930 gets us there about 1040 or so, depending on 'spirited driving' or not, but I'm figuring somewhere around a mile a minute, slow for this group I know, but depending on how many of Eddie's 'friends' are cruising the by-ways. (Who's bring the radar detector???)

Figuring in 15 minutes for BS (probably a little conservative for this group) :partyspin: Arrival at Cracker Barrel needs to be around 0915.

We'll work the Phoenix end first, for the map-challenged. An arrival in CG of 0915 would require approximately 30-40 minutes, so a departure of 0830 would be appropriate. Add in the measure of BS time, arrival at AZ Mills would need to be around 0815.

The 29 miles from Lowe's to AZ Mills can be covered in about 30 minutes or so, so departure from Lowe's say, at 0745...

So, Sean, with the traffic concerns and adding 15 minutes per stop for the BS factor (probably should be 30 mins) :leaving meeting up at 0715 is a pretty good estimate.

That's about 136mi for the west siders, 107mi for the east siders, and 122 mi for the Tucson peeps. Not counting from the house to the starting point, you're on your own there.

For the Tucson folks, for a 0915 arrival at Cracker Barrel, one would travel around 56 miles from Cortaro Road. Knowing that no one I-10 between Tucson and CG gets above 70 mph in either lane, even though the speed limit is 75, it'll take about an hour. Maybe a little more, so an 0800 meeting time would be close to it. I'll be OK if I leave the house by 0730.

Two weekends ago, I made it from DM to Coolidge in 1:15.

Good thing I have weekend duty this weekend, not next :D

We'll work the Phoenix end first, for the map-challenged.

How'd you know that I'm map challenged? :smilelol:smilelol:smilelol

This is for the west side...not the North Pole side. :lol