Finally...I'm done

Bigfoot

Well, I put my baby up on jacks last saturday and she finally came down today.

I finished my Harris Speedworks Sudden Impact wet nitrous system install today.

I have a 10lb bottle

Jetting for 75-100-125-150 shots

MSD Window switch

DynoTune A/F Lean Shutdown switch (used as TPS/WOT switch as well)

DynoTune Purge kit and bottle heater

I never thought it would take this long, but then again I could barely touch her during the week. Nothing was particularly difficult, but much of it was time consuming. Mounting the bottle took a lot of time. I wanted to make sure I could get to everything, not drill through something important and still get it bolted down.

The wiring took a while because I did not get a good diagram from any of the manufacturers that matched everything I got. It took a lot of research and phone call to one of the vendors before I got it straight and had to draw my own diagram. Then I wound up with a short that kept blowing fuses but I could not find anything wrong with my wiring. I finally checked one of the switches and it had an internal short. Bought a new one and fixed that right up.

Talk about wiring...wow I put a lot in this car over the last week, more than 70 feet worth at least.

Once I got her down, I took her for a spin to make sure I didn't F-anything up. One thing is for sure, I need some better rubber in the back before I spray.

Does anyone know where I can fill an N20 bottle at and does anyone have any used drag radials lying around???

I'll load pics later...it's time for the Superbowl!!!!

nos.gif

I've got teh basic 05151 kit, but I need to figure out a way to mount my bottle without drilling

holes that I may regret, and I need a few more goodies...like a window switch, and a better

working micro-switch and bracket.

I'd like to see your pics!

Robert and Elizabeth

Congratulations Sean!!!!!! You did it man!!!!! :partydance:

Post up those pix asap! :thumbs

Can't wait to see it next week! :yesnod

I still have some "tidying" up to do, but here are a few of the photos I went ahead and took.

It's hard to shoot and work, so I did not take very many.

013-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

029-1.jpg

030.jpg

Robert and Elizabeth

Nice pix, thanks for sharing. :cool You can explain everything (except for the nitrous bottle-we know what that is at least) we are looking at when we see you next week. :lol

Guest Z01Mike
Nice pix, thanks for sharing. :cool You can explain everything (except for the nitrous bottle-we know what that is at least) we are looking at when we see you next week. :lol

i will be doing this mod very soon!

i will be doing this mod very soon!

Unless you've done it before...plan on it being out of commission for a while. :lol

Congrats sean looks like a clean install there. So When are you going to take it out and hit the fun gas? :burnout:burnout:burnout

How many 1/4 mile passes will that bottle last you? How much per fill up? Does your tune work for both on and off the bottle?

How many 1/4 mile passes will that bottle last you? How much per fill up? Does your tune work for both on and off the bottle?

I'm told one bottle should last about 4 passes. It will all depend on what shot I can run.

From my understanding it's about $2 to $3 a pound, or $20 to $30 a fill up.

Yes, tune is good for both. When Nic tuned my car, he backed out timing for the install so she's ready to rock. With the lower timing I'm probably missing about 2 to 4 rwhp day to day, but I can live with that. :lol

Congrats on the new found horsepower.

One thing I didnt notice in your list of new goodies is a window switch? Did you purchase one? Its not as crutical with an automatic but will give you a level of safety against puddling. This is the one I have and it works well

msd-8969_w.jpg

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

You also may want to invest in a nitrous filter. One fast way to blow a motor is to get a 'dirty fill' and have a piece of something keep your n20 solenoid open

Does anyone know where I can fill an N20 bottle at and does anyone have any used drag radials lying around???

Check out

http://www.arizonaautoracing.com/Racefuel_Locations.htm

This lists most of the major places to get filled, with phone numbers and prices.

Nitrous is usually about 4.00-4.50 a pound now... so count on 40-50 bucks after tax to fill.

Bottle will last about 4 passes on a 150 shot, 8 on a 100... dont even jet for a 75... almost not even worth it. My advise is to start with a 100, to get used to how nitrous hits... then move up from there.

Oh ya... sean.... did you remove the shreader valve when you hooked up your fuel line... this is very important to do.... you do not want anything in the way of getting fuel to the nozzle.

Give me a PM or a call and we can talk nitrous.

I did my own installs for nitrous. I also have wiring diagrams on how all the pieces fit together around here somewhere for anyone who needs them.

Guest Sidewinder
I did my own installs for nitrous. I also have wiring diagrams on how all the pieces fit together around here somewhere for anyone who needs them.

Just curious what your window switch is set at for twin hair dryers.

I dont have mine coming on till 4500 and turning off at 6200....

I have the 2 step to get me off the line. I can normally leave with 3# of boost. The 2 step is set at 3400 so I dont want the spray to come on too early.

4500 allows me to get off the line on the boost, then spray to get me over the top... I have only used it on the freeway (just to see if it works :) ) since I have yet to make a full 2 step pass at the track. I have been playing with the 2 step settings all winter... takes a while to get it dialed in.

MSD Window Switch is #3 on the list I put in post #1. :lol Yes, it is the digital one.

Right now I have it set for on at 3500 and off at 5500 since my car shifts at about 5800 after Nic's tune.

Yes, I pulled the schrader valve out of my fuel rail. :thumbs I do plan to get a filter, probably when I pic up the proper fittings to get my purge working. I got the purge kit and bottle heater from a guy on LS1Tech and he forgot to put those in. He's supposed to be sending them this week, but if not no biggie. I got the stuff from him for less than an auto bottle heater goes for anyway.

Thanks for the link on N2O fill stations, very helpful.

Lopers in mesa has all the earls fittings you could ever want or need to get your nitrous hooked up properly. I love going there, but the bill adds up fast.

G

So have you sprayed yet? Does it work?

Not yet...haven't gotten the bottle filled yet. Seems according to your site Checker at 59th and Camelback is the closest to me. I might have time to get it filled tonight, but this weekend at the latest...who knows, maybe a spray on the way to lunch this Saturday. :evil: