If you live in or go through Michigan........

jstrutt

Are we sure... The pic is a ZR1, and all the LE stuff on it looks photoshopped. Not to mention that the Z06 and the ZR1 are a bit pricey for any state entity to buy 24 of them.

OK, just found the article... Thank you Google...

Designed solely for the purpose of nabbing drug traffickers along the highways between Canada and Chicago, the Michigan State Police ZR1 is the catalyst to, inevitably, end the war on drugs.

Troopers designated to operate the modified ZR1 underwent rigorous G-force testing at NASA’s Dryden Aircraft Operations Facility in California. Each driver will be required to wear a thermoplastic-reinforced garrison cap.

Top British Secret Service designer, Q, assisted the Michigan State Police in the design of compartmentalized crime-fighting contraptions including deployable spike strips from the rear underbody, a side-mounted, modified Heckler & Kock GMG grenade launcher, and a yet-to-be-seen cloaking device (details are a proprietary secret, of course).

why not? The RCMP up here ran Camaro Z28's to catch Porsches and crap along our highways. Same premis.....drugs. SK is a major traffic artery linking drugs from British Columbia (off the ship) to Toronto and visa versa. :eddie2::eddie2:

Well, Camaros and Mustangs of old have been used as pursuit vehickles for a long time. But, there'sa big difference between a 30k Camaro, and a 75k Z06. Not to mention, most places stopped using Camaros when the cost went from 21k to like 28k.

:lol

I remember back in the early 70's...Minnesota Highway Patrol ran 440 Six-Pack cruisers.

Wonder where all those motors went.

Well, Camaros and Mustangs of old have been used as pursuit vehickles for a long time. But, there'sa big difference between a 30k Camaro, and a 75k Z06. Not to mention, most places stopped using Camaros when the cost went from 21k to like 28k.

Not to argue, but that is the way it was. Shit I remember when the OPP had '68 Plymouth Fury 2 door post with a 318 to catch us in Ontario. The City Police in Regina (50 miles from here) are buying Magnums.

When I started with Phoenix we were driving 70 Plymouth Fury's with 440 ci but not six packs.

We all called them "rocket cars" & fought over who got to drive them every shift. I buried a 140 mph speedo once during a pursuit out Camelback Rd & 56th St.

Did you catch them Eddie??????

One of the other guys did. I was just paralleling the pursuit. Guys nowdays don't know what they're missing. Pursuit is a four letter word in LE nowdays

When I started with Phoenix we were driving 70 Plymouth Fury's with 440 ci but not six packs.

We all called them "rocket cars" & fought over who got to drive them every shift. I buried a 140 mph speedo once during a pursuit out Camelback Rd & 56th St.

Eddie you are so full of crap. “when you first started”

I did some digging and here is a picture of Eddie first week on the job

web-newcent-MPD-Traffic%20Corner%20Man%2

The “corner men” were essential to the flow of traffic since there were no traffic lights. The traffic signal was mounted atop a staff where officers stood. “Stop” and “Go” instructions were painted on panels to signal drivers

Several years later Eddie was promoted to Horseback patrol.

[web-car-CPD-PatrolWagonMounted1910.jpg

The mounted patrol remained the primary mode of non-foot transportation for all Doughnut Thefts

Eddie was the 'bigger' officer on the right.

Now that's funny i don't care who you are. 10/10

:withstupid:smilelol:smilelol

Wait a minute, bigger??? :toetap