Nitrogen Tire Inflation

Guest swmarine

Guest swmarine

Good Afternoon,

A year ago we offered all club members a Nitrogen Tire Inflation on there Corvette's for a discounted Club price of $24.95.

The topic was discussed and a few members asked a member who works for Discount Tire and he stated that they felt that there was No Benefit.

I have noticed that Discount Tire Stores in area's around Arizona are now offering Nitrogen Tire Inflation. There store in Yuma has been offering for over a year and there store in Prescott is now offering Nitrogen.

Since it looks as Discount Tire has changed it's opinion and All Costco Stores in the US, Mexico, and Canada offer Nitrogen it seems that the major players in the tire business are now agreeing to the benefits.

Michelin stated that they support Nitrogen in a Bulletin to it's dealers dated 11-03 and Goodyear stated the same in a Bulletin dated 06-04.

Since it seems that Nitrogen is now being accepted as an inflation gas for tire inflation we again would like to offer this special to your members.

If you have any questions please feel free to call me at anytime.

Sincerely,

Frank Ruscitti

NitrogenMan Nitrogen Tire Inflation

602-569-0080

www.nitrogenman.com

This person is selling stuff.

Admins please move this to the Garage sale section.

My advise frank

You need a min post count before you can sell stuff on the ACE board. You only have 10 posts. In my mind you have contrubited nogthing to the group and the posts you have done are all bout selling your product. That is what I call a Spammer.

Unless you wish to talk, eat, sleep, joke, ask, inform, play, joke, scream, debate, or communicate something about vetts, please dont post.

chad

Amen. And as far as Discount Tire offering nitrogen to it's customers... I sell Educational and office furniture. If I had enough people ask if I would sell them zip loc baggies of dog poo, I'd be at the dog park every day with a pooper scooper. Just because someone is willing to make a buck off of consumer hype doesn't mean the product is worth a damn.

As stated before, Discount Tire Co. has no plans to install Nitrogen systems in the stores. Out of over 700 stores nationwide, a select few do indeed have the nitrogen system. Only for testing purposes and not for any other reason. The testing has since been done and since the systems are in place, they decided not to take it out of the stores.

Yuma was the first store to have this system installed and has had this system in place for sometime. The Prescott store recently had the nitrogen system installed at the request of the manager only.

Again, at this time as per Discount Tire Company’s corporate office, there are no plans to install nitrogen systems and they have not changed their opinion on the nitrogen inflation system.

I apologize for the confusion on this issue and I hope this clears it up.

Here is some information from the Rubber Manufacturers Association:

USING NITROGEN TO INFLATE PASSENGER AND LIGHT TRUCK TIRES

IN NORMAL SERVICE APPLICATIONS

Introduction & Purpose

Increasingly, nitrogen is offered as an alternative to air for tire inflation*. The purpose of this bulletin is to provide general information about inflating tires with nitrogen. Tires are designed and built to provide many thousands of miles of excellent service but must be maintained properly. The key element of tire maintenance is maintaining the proper inflation pressure. The proper inflation pressure is recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, which can be found on the vehicle’s tire placard or in the owner’s manual. It is recommended to check tire inflation pressure at least every month and before every long trip.

Using Nitrogen in Tires

Nitrogen is an inert (non-flammable) gas—basically, nothing more than dry air with oxygen removed (air contains about 78% nitrogen). Because of its inert properties, nitrogen is often used in highly specialized service applications and/or demanding environments. Applications such as aircraft, mining, and commercial/heavy use utilize nitrogen to help reduce the risk of internal combustion (fire) if the brake/rim/wheel

components overheat. Also, dry nitrogen is used in professional racing to help reduce variation in inflation pressures (caused by moisture) where even small differences in pressure can affect vehicle handling at the extreme limits of performance.

For normal tire service applications, nitrogen inflation is not required. However, nitrogen inflation is permissible as its properties may contribute to minor reductions in inflation pressure loss. Nevertheless, several other sources of pressure leaks, such as punctures, tire/rim interface (bead), valve, valve/rim interface, and the wheel, may negate the benefit of nitrogen. If the tire inflation pressure is below the pressure

specified on the vehicle placard, the tire must be re-inflated—whether with air or nitrogen—to the proper inflation pressure. Do not operate tires underinflated and/or overloaded (see “Warning”).

Depending on nitrogen alone to reduce the requirements for inflation maintenance may, in fact, lead to underinflated operation, which may result in premature tire failure. With the right amount of inflation pressure, you will achieve optimum tire performance. This means your tires will wear longer, save fuel and help prevent accidents.

Whether inflated by air or nitrogen, regular inflation pressure maintenance remains critical and necessary. Use of nitrogen alone is not a replacement for regular inflation pressure maintenance.

The information above is from the RMA.

This is the only time I will respond to this so if anyone has any question regarding this, please PM me. I am on this board as a corvette enthusiast first and foremost. I attend events and I have fun goofin’ around with you all. I do not try to sell anything nor do I push or advertise on this forum.

Andrew

Amen. And as far as Discount Tire offering nitrogen to it's customers... I sell Educational and office furniture. If I had enough people ask if I would sell them zip loc baggies of dog poo, I'd be at the dog park every day with a pooper scooper. Just because someone is willing to make a buck off of consumer hype doesn't mean the product is worth a damn.

Hey Big Poppa, you don't need to go all the way to the dog park for that pewp. my boy "Angus" produces more than enough to fill your customers requests

• 3 weeks later...

Costco, here in Tucson and I suppose everywhere, uses nitrogen when inflating new tires. I noticed they even use pretty, green valve stem caps (except if you have chrome of course). So there's no additional cost for nitrogen as it's part of the install. They say when you need the pressure checked and added to, just pull up to a bay and they'll take a moment to top 'em off with nitrogen. If you've had a flat repair elsewhere they'll remove the air and re-inflate with nitrogen at no additional cost. If you're sold on nitrogen, I like Costco's price...FREE. Well kinda anyway.

Costco, here in Tucson and I suppose everywhere, uses nitrogen when inflating new tires. I noticed they even use pretty, green valve stem caps (except if you have chrome of course). So there's no additional cost for nitrogen as it's part of the install. They say when you need the pressure checked and added to, just pull up to a bay and they'll take a moment to top 'em off with nitrogen. If you've had a flat repair elsewhere they'll remove the air and re-inflate with nitrogen at no additional cost. If you're sold on nitrogen, I like Costco's price...FREE. Well kinda anyway.

Tell you what - for 1/4th the price I will fill your tires with 78% Nitrogen. I figure that should be worth more than the cost, right? :rockon2: