BlakMajik's spy photo

BlakMajik

Well, picture 89 corvette stock dash and then this. The car is currently in "Area 51" preparing for the competition season. So no cruises for me for a little while

Picture010.jpg

Robert and Elizabeth

You can still do cruises in your daily driver until the Vette is fixed up. :thumbs

E~

I know it's upgrade and progress, but it still makes me sad. Mine is only in a little better state right now though. :lol

Post more in-progress pics as you go along. :thumbs

I know it's upgrade and progress, but it still makes me sad. Mine is only in a little better state right now though. :lol

Post more in-progress pics as you go along. :thumbs

The concept does not resemble the original dash at all. So this is a one way road the car is going down.

Awww you mean you guys are ok with pasta burners on the cruises????? :rockon2:

Robert and Elizabeth
Awww you mean you guys are ok with pasta burners on the cruises????? :rockon2:

You bet!

Someone drove a Tahoe on one of our cruises once.

You'll be more than welcome but realize you'll be the butt of many a joke. :lol

Robert and Elizabeth

Hey Eddie, get it right, it was a Yukon XL Denali, not a Tahoe. Close enough though! :lol

Hey Eddie, get it right, it was a Yukon XL Denali, not a Tahoe. Close enough though! :lol

I know and my wife drives an expensive Chrysler, not a MB. Badging is cheap.

Robert and Elizabeth

I know and my wife drives an expensive Chrysler, not a MB. Badging is cheap.

Ok 10/10 on that one!!!! :smilelol

What the hell is that???? :lol Yep, progres pics would be great.

We've also had T-Birds and 'Stangs cruise along, but alas were confined to the rear of the pack, you know it was an Alpha male thing!!

Well, picture 89 corvette stock dash and then this. The car is currently in "Area 51" preparing for the competition season. So no cruises for me for a little while

What did I miss? What are you doing to it?

Well, long story short. I do car audio competitions. For the past 7 years I have not placed lower than 4th at the World Finals. The last time this car competed it placed 3rd in the Expert class at the last Finals. I am in the process of opening a car audio shop and auto brokering business and this will be the display car and compete on the circuit this year.

The entire interior has been removed for the redo. getting additional sound deadening, relocating computers and wiring harnesses, and rebuilding the dash in general to create equal path lengths for the speakers (much like a home theater system). There are also a lot of acoustical tricks being implemented this time around as well. But this is the start. Since the car has no special value since it's not a limited edition or anything I feel ok about going this far into it. It will be a one of a kind when it's done though.

So there's your update. :cheers

Well, long story short. I do car audio competitions. For the past 7 years I have not placed lower than 4th at the World Finals. The last time this car competed it placed 3rd in the Expert class at the last Finals. I am in the process of opening a car audio shop and auto brokering business and this will be the display car and compete on the circuit this year.

The entire interior has been removed for the redo. getting additional sound deadening, relocating computers and wiring harnesses, and rebuilding the dash in general to create equal path lengths for the speakers (much like a home theater system). There are also a lot of acoustical tricks being implemented this time around as well. But this is the start. Since the car has no special value since it's not a limited edition or anything I feel ok about going this far into it. It will be a one of a kind when it's done though.

So there's your update. :cheers

Thats cool making a display car. use it for a few years, take a tax write off, then sell it at Barret auction.