Meet The Judge

Marana Rich

Nice idea but I honestly think the 410 is going to just piss off the assailant. The 45 is a different story though. The 410 might be nice if you were shoot snakes in the desert but that's it.

Guest Sidewinder
Nice idea but I honestly think the 410 is going to just piss off the assailant. The 45 is a different story though. The 410 might be nice if you were shoot snakes in the desert but that's it.

So what your saying Eddie is you wouldn't care if somebody shot you with a 410 anytime, day or night?

:lol

While unique in the shell(s) it fires, not the first...I recall having birdshot rounds that worked in a .38/.357 I don't know if there were/are other applications.

So what your saying Eddie is you wouldn't care if somebody shot you with a 410 anytime, day or night?

Believe me shooting the average person and an angry aggressor is two very different things. Key word in my response is assailant. I had an angry 6'6" 280lb native american who definitely wanted to hurt me one night. I hit him as hard as I could with a nightstick right between the eyes and he just hesitated briefly and said "why'd you do that?". Luckily that was enough hesitation for the calvary to get there and it took 5 cops to arrest him. Pissed off and/or high persons are a totally different story.

They're marketing this as a protection device and I think with a 45 round it would be but loaded with 410 rounds you'd better be hunting for your neighbors cat, not a pissed off "assailant".

As for your question, NO! I wouldn't want to be shot with a 410 round but there's a high probability that you're going to survive that shot. If I'm going to shoot someone it's to kill them, not wound them. Too many people carry concealed weapons with the idea they can fend off that bad guy. Bullshit! If I pull the trigger I'm punching their ticket.

Robert and Elizabeth

Believe me shooting the average person and an angry aggressor is two very different things. Key word in my response is assailant. I had an angry 6'6" 280lb native american who definitely wanted to hurt me one night. I hit him as hard as I could with a nightstick right between the eyes and he just hesitated briefly and said "why'd you do that?". Luckily that was enough hesitation for the calvary to get there and it took 5 cops to arrest him. Pissed off and/or high persons are a totally different story.

They're marketing this as a protection device and I think with a 45 round it would be but loaded with 410 rounds you'd better be hunting for your neighbors cat, not a pissed off "assailant".

As for your question, NO! I wouldn't want to be shot with a 410 round but there's a high probability that you're going to survive that shot. If I'm going to shoot someone it's to kill them, not wound them. Too many people carry concealed weapons with the idea they can fend off that bad guy. Bullshit! If I pull the trigger I'm punching their ticket.

We totally agree with you Eddie. Shoot to kill, not to wound and have them still come after you. I too have seen those persons who are "high" and see things try to be done to them to settle them down and it does not work. The adrenalin is running too high for them to stop, even if shot with a 410 round. The 45 round would stop anyone, period.

Officer: Why did you shoot him 6 times?

Me: Because the gun won't hold 7 bullets!

A couple years before I retired from LE we transitioned from revolvers to semi-autos. We were at the range during training and doing various drills. I asked the instructor when we were going to get to the "put 14 rounds in the azzhat" drill? He asked what I meant and I told him they gave me 14 rounds so if I had to pull the trigger I wasn't stopping until I'd fired all 14 or the suspect went down and even then I'd slap another clip home and be ready to fire the next 14. He just shook his head and walked away.

A couple years before I retired from LE we transitioned from revolvers to semi-autos. We were at the range during training and doing various drills. I asked the instructor when we were going to get to the "put 14 rounds in the azzhat" drill? He asked what I meant and I told him they gave me 14 rounds so if I had to pull the trigger I wasn't stopping until I'd fired all 14 or the suspect went down and even then I'd slap another clip home and be ready to fire the next 14. He just shook his head and walked away.

10/10...now that is some funny chit. :smilelol

This rather large revolver looks like a 5 shot weapon. It could be loaded with mixed loads-----2 shotgun and 3 .45 Colt or any other combo.

I'm not sure about .410 but most shot shells come in a variety of availiable shot sizes. I load my defence shot gun with #4 buck shot. In a 12 guage this means the shell contains 25 pellets of .25 cal size------a very leathal load.

If the .410 shells were containing "Bird shot", I don't believe this would be good defence tactics, but if I was--say--a #6 buckshot rd, followed up by a couple .45 Colt rds, that might be a defencesive load.

On the other hand, this gun looks somewhat unwieldly, and it is obviously not a small gun, and could not be easily carried concealed. The cylindar is very thick.

The consept of .410 or .45 Colt is not new, and there are many Derringers on the market that already serve this purpose.

I carry a .45 cal 1911 Colt when I feel the need, or a .380 Makorov when I need better concealment. Any gun is better than no weapon at all. I have been studying Karate for 5 years (brown belt) and I know that a gun works better than Karate.

Hawkeye Kiai !

Very well said, I agree whole heartedly.

Eddie!!! You said "clip". Take a lap.

When Eddie gets back, I'll let him know that I'll back hm up on everything he said. Except "Clip".

When Eddie gets back, I'll let him know that I'll back hm up on everything he said. Except "Clip".

puff, puff, puff okay I'm back from my lap. In :cop: it's a clip but for you military types it's a magazine. I read magazines, I don't shoot with them. :toetap

puff, puff, puff okay I'm back from my lap. In :cop: it's a clip but for you military types it's a magazine. I read magazines, I don't shoot with them. :toetap

This is my Rifle, this is my Gun... heh heh Everyone in LE that I know of has always schmacked me when I say clip. I have far more LE friends than military, and I have been a member of niether.

Either way, I ain't here to argue... I got love forya baybe..

I would keep it loaded with 45!!!!! Maximum bang for the buck, so to speak….

Andrew

I guess it's personal preference. It's a defensive weapon, meant to use at close range, as a last resort.

The film shows shooting within ten feet or so. I would use buckshot over a single bullet if I had a choice.

Choice as to caliber or weapon. One shot from a 45 or 357 magnum, and the recoil takes longer to recover, so basically one shot then hope you hit what you aimed at. A 38, or 9mm, or less, say even a 25, if you are close, I could get more shots off, although not with the same force of impact. If you are close enough for me to shoot you, I will empty whatever I have anyhow, cause you ain't walking away....I do like the sound of 14 rounds, which reminds me, check my other post re music

>>>>>>>>>>>.

Clip vs magazine is a very old argument. You say tomato -- I say tamato, tomato, tomato, let's call the whole thing off.

The Military does use the term Magazine, but not everybody in the Military does so. Audy Murphy, the most decorated soldier of WWII uses the term "clip" in his book "To Hell and Back" while refering to the magazine for his Thompson sub-gun. If it's good enough for Audy Murphy---it's good enough for me.

Before the term Magazine was co-opted by the Military to describe a "thingy" or a space in a rifle that holds cartridges, the word was used to describe a room or space on a ship that held powder and shot-----it still is today.

Specifically, the word clip is the correct term for the metal clip that holds cartridges for the M1 Garand WWII rifle. It is correctly called an "En-Bloc clip" and holds 8 rds. The magazines that are loaded with cartridges and then inserted into the Mag well of a rifle or pistol, should be refered to as "Detachable Box magazines" for those who demand correct nomenclaure. Rifles such as Mod 70 Winchesters, and Rem 700s----standard hunting rifles--- have " Internal Magazines" that don't detach from the rifle. These rifles and older Military rifles such as the '03 Springfield and German mausers, can be loaded by openening the bolt, then pushing rds down into the rifle one at a time or by inserting a "stripper clip" of 5 rds in to the "stripper clip" guide slot in the receiver, and then pushing all five rds down into the internal magazine with the thumb.

Detachable box magazines (clips to some of you) can also be loaded with "stripper clips" by puting a "charger guide" on the Magazine and inserting the stripper clip into that ---- and then pushing the rds down into the box magazine.

The term Clip is a popular usage term, and has been for 100 years. The NRA uses this term in its Hand books and gun safety class guide lines. Being as how "language" changes all the time---a term that was correct and proper years ago, may be supplanted by a more modern term through Popular Usage, and that makes the term correct to use. Thats why dictionarys change with the times.

Both clip and magazine are correct.

When I was in the Marines, I used to purposely piss off my Sgt. by calling the Radio antenna--- an Arial.---just for the fun of seeing him rant.

Hawkeye

I think part of why I get all touchy about it is that all the street thug gangstahs call it a clip, so I associate it with them. And I dispise those people and that whole culture, so anything that I associate that way gets me all ruffled... :cuss

Ok, how about this. First 2 rounds are 410 to slow/knock him down, the last 3 rounds .45 to finish the job. At least with the first 2 you know you'll hit him if you're a little jittery, then take your time on the last 3. :lol

Ok, how about this. First 2 rounds are 410 to slow/knock him down, the last 3 rounds .45 to finish the job. At least with the first 2 you know you'll hit him if you're a little jittery, then take your time on the last 3. :lol

My argument stands Sean. Those two 410 rounds are going to do nothing but piss off a drunk, high or just plain stupid individual. If I'm going to pull that trigger I'm not out to "slow/knock them down", I'm out to kill the SOB.

The best explanation I have ever heard is that if you're not willing to give that azzhat CPR then kill him so you don't have to do mouth to mouth. If you are willing to do CPR then you shouldn't be shooting them in the first place.