power door locks

Johnny B

Iam trying to install power door locks in a 78. None ever there is there a harness i can get to make this easy or is there a kit or something, if some one thats done it has any pointers, new to this forum. some may know about this most may not but at least i dont come empty handed.

You can get a "restoration package" at no cost from GM/Chevrolet. Sinply call the Chevy/Geo customer assistance hotline at (800) 222-1020 or 810-696-4800. Have your VIN handy, as they'll ask for it. The contents of this package varies by year. Call now before they start charging!

If your car was originally registered in Canada. you will have to call GM of Canada at (800) 263-3777. GM Canda wants $40.00 plus tax for the restoration package, so try the US number first!

This is a great package, with every specification on the corvette included, I was amazed at the level of detail, a MUST have.

BTW I just called and it still offered as a free service

I think your best bet is going to be to find the parts in one of the corvette junk yards, (switchs, wiring harness) and just adapt it to your vette.

Here's a couple of the links I have to vette specific yards that you can contact...

http://www.corvettejunk.com/

http://www.corvetteparts.com/

P.S. are you planning on moving to AZ???

Phill's Vette

Ecklers, MidAmerica and Corvette Central sell everything you should need. I believe you will need to change out the window regulator and can get a good used one on ebay or the links Dawg provided above. If you don't have a factory service manual and AIM (Assembly Manual) get them as you will diffidently need them.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my drivers side pwr window components - rollers, washers, regulator gear and motor. A PITA but it will be like new when finished.

PM me if you have any questions that I may be able to help you with.

Good Luck!

:thumbs

Ecklers, MidAmerica and Corvette Central sell everything you should need. I believe you will need to change out the window regulator and can get a good used one on ebay or the links Dawg provided above. If you don't have a factory service manual and AIM (Assembly Manual) get them as you will diffidently need them.

I am currently in the process of rebuilding my drivers side pwr window components - rollers, washers, regulator gear and motor. A PITA but it will be like new when finished.

PM me if you have any questions that I may be able to help you with.

Good Luck!

:thumbs

Thanks for the info. But Finances are not to good right now, Lost my wife to breast cancer, My House burnt to the ground. thank God i didnt lose my cars and the parts that i had already prebought, and raising 3 kids one 14 year old daughter is insulin dependent, and to top it off i just got laid off work. So I guess Iam reduced to TRYING to make my own harnesses and TRYING to find the correct connectors to make it all come together. As far as my post on the restoration packages. Iam just glad i could help you guys out the best way i can. Thanks again, and God bless :cfdeadagain

Wow! What a story. If it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any.

What kind of work do you do? Alot folks here that might be able to assist you with employment opportunities. Great group of people here besides being Vette lovers.

I think I can speak for the rest of the group in saying anything we can do to help we're here for ya! :angel:angel

Wow! What a story. If it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any.

What kind of work do you do? Alot folks here that might be able to assist you with employment opportunities. Great group of people here besides being Vette lovers.

I think I can speak for the rest of the group in saying anything we can do to help we're here for ya! :angel:angel

I tell you i am becoming convined when my ship comes in I will be at the airport, lol

Man I really appriciate that. Makes me feel good that there is still good people out there. unfortunetly I live in NH. so any jobs there wouldnt help to much. I joined this forum because alot of the ones i am in alot of the guys seem above the rest, iam not like that. dont get me wrong i have had a few really nice guys try to help me out but this place seems like home. and about my earlier post Iam not trying to cry poor me. I just keep smiling and do what the man upstairs guides me to do. Not a religious man but a believer. as far as help if you know ANYBODY that has the old harnesses (3) for the power door locks the one under the dash and the two that go to the doors maybe i can make a trade of some sort with parts, I have a few extras and some i just dont need. Not trying to get something for nothing but $91.00 x 3 no way is in the mans budget. Thats the cheapest i have seen hell i cant even afford to get the damn manuals aim and shop manual pretty sad huh. But i will just keep plugging along and thanks tons again for accepting me here. Johnny B :cfdeadagain And give your son a personal THANK YOU from me and you should be very proud

would anyone know where i can locate power door lock harnesses (3) of them left and right doors and the crossover dash harness USED. for a 1978 late production. any help would be appriciated.