ACE listing our Businesses and Careers

1EVLC7

I have a new employer .... State of Arizona, division of Unemployment :unsure

My company pulled the plug today on all of it's branch operations, and is down to a skeleton crew in the main office in Miami ::sigh::

what was >2000 employees in 2007 is now less than 450

So tell me, GW, all this talk of a recession is just a bunch of mularkey, huh?

Sorry to hear the sad news. Hope you find something soon.

Sorry to hear that Rick. I'm actually moving next year myself. The school I teach at now had to cut positions due to low enrollment. Me being the last guy signed I'm the first one out. Luckily I've already been hired at a new school in the same district. Math teachers are in HIGH demand overall. I hope it turns out as well for you too. :xfinger

Sorry to hear the news Rick! Remind us what your employable skills are. Maybe someone will have connections for your future job.

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. Eddie, I'm in mortgage financing, most recently commercial but have done residential as well for 14 years, also management. Alot of others are in the same pickle with the housing slump, but I'm positive I will land on my feet. Monster.com and careerbuilder are now bookmarked in my favorites :nopity

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. Eddie, I'm in mortgage financing, most recently commercial but have done residential as well for 14 years, also management. Alot of others are in the same pickle with the housing slump, but I'm positive I will land on my feet. Monster.com and careerbuilder are now bookmarked in my favorites :nopity

As you probably know I currently work for M&I Bank. I know we've had a couple Commercial RE folks leave "for other opportunities" recently but I heard they weren't cutting positions so there might be some openings. Email me your resume and I'll walk it two doors down to the HR folks if you're interested.

• 2 months later...

Eddie, PM sent - thank you!

How did this ever work out for you? :toetap

:popcorn:

unfortunately, still unemployed - but Eddie did his best, even networked with some other bank contacts. Rough market right now.

Unfortunately no one is hiring mortgage people. We even laid off half of the commercial RE folks. I did have dinner tonight with a friend who's a home inspector. He said his business has been great the last 3-4 weeks. His indication is the "investors" are coming back into the market. This would be a good indication we've hit bottom and they want to grab what they can while it's cheap. I'm still keeping my ear to the ground. I network with most of the local banks on a regular basis. Keep the faith, I still have the resume.

Unfortunately no one is hiring mortgage people. We even laid off half of the commercial RE folks.

I did have dinner tonight with a friend who's a home inspector. He said his business has been great the last 3-4 weeks. His indication is the "investors" are coming back into the market. This would be a good indication we've hit bottom and they want to grab what they can while it's cheap.

I'm still keeping my ear to the ground. I network with most of the local banks on a regular basis. Keep the faith, I still have the resume.

I hope something comes up for you soon Rick. We just looked at a refi, but interest rates are still higher than what we are paying now. I thought they'd be lower.

Sundevilfan

I am new to the forum so I thought I would provide some input to this thread. I have been an accountant all of my life. I own a small financial services firm. My son and daughter work with me. He is a degreed accountant like me and she is a bookkeeper. They do small business accounting. I do tax work and some consulting (corporations, partnerships, LLCs, individuals) and I have my Series 6 securities license (mutual finds and unit investment trusts only). My son and I also have a business that has been selling clothing on eBay since 1999 and for the past four years we have been selling event tickets. I also have a hobby/business buying and selling Corvette collectibles. From the mid 80s to the mid 90s I owned two video stores as side businesses. I will basically do anything that pays well and does not require hard work or killing anyone.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm an Army Interrogation instructor and Persian-Farsi linguist. 7.5+ years and counting on active duty.

LOL Remind me not to f' with you. :P

Happy to report I am back to work. Working for a 101 year old bank doing FHA, Conventional, VA and Reverse Mortgage purchases and refinances. Currently working in Carefree (hows THAT for a commute to work - Casa Grande to Carefree - almost 2 hours each way) but expanding operations and moving it to 101/ Cave Creek (a bit closer) soon. I looked long and hard for an employer with a impeccable reputation, a history of success, plans for growth and a positive atmosphere, and feel I've found exactly that. With all the bumps and bruises mortgage financing has experienced the past year, reputation and ethics are everything. When I ask a borrower to put their trust in me, and shake his/her hand, I want a bank that is willing to put forth the same effort and sincerity I do. Thanks to everyone who believes in me and wished me success.

Bromley's Corvettes

I own bromleys auto & corvettes. I work on a lot of 82 and older vettes and general repair on most anything and exhaust on anything. www.bromleysauto.com

• 4 weeks later...

I'm an Army Interrogation instructor and Persian-Farsi linguist. 7.5+ years and counting on active duty.

No chit! Where at? I too am an Army Human Intelligence Collector (Interrogator) Instructor at the 10 course. I'm now on the contractor side of the house.

Awesome I never saw this thread!

I am a Program Manager for a company that manufactures Jail & Prison furniture.

We specialize in Jail Bar, Suicide hooks, Tables, and Bunks...But we do it all.

We have everything you'll need for the next 20 years to life! < HAHAHAHA.

Some of the great work we do...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am pretty sure we will always have a booming business... :unsure