black chrome wheels on my car?

jagoff

how do you guys think these black chrome Z06 wheels will look on my car? 18x9.5 up front and 18x10.5 out back? and will they fit ok?

post-793-1201277454.jpg

post-793-1201277473.jpg

I don't know about fit but for looks I'd go with actual chrome. Black chrome has always looked like you needed to wipe off the brake dust to me. Most people have no idea what black chrome is so they would look at your Vette and think it needed a good wash. Just my :2cents

I like black chrome personally I don't know if I would put them on a black car not much a fan of the black/black look but its your car and if its what you like then go for it :) The fitments should work as long as they are standard corvette offsets.

Jason

I would go chrome too... but black chrome is different. I think you wound need an all black look to pull off black chrome

... but black chrome is different. I think you wound need an all black look to pull off black chrome

:phil evil: Take a gander, I drooled all over this '59 'vette-rod with LS power at Barrett-Jackson. All the front chrome has been done in the black chrome as well, which IMHO looks badass...

60678_Front_3-4.jpg

60678_Misc_1.jpg

Robert and Elizabeth
I would go chrome too... but black chrome is different. I think you would need an all black look to pull off black chrome

:agree

i photoshopped the wheels onto my car, im not very good at it...

I think the black chrome is sweet. It is much shinier than you think it would be. I don't know how it would look on black but my nervousness went away as soon as I saw them on the car. They are certainly unique as I have yet to see another set on a vette or anywhere else for that matter. I still don't have any pics when the car is clean but here is the link to mine:

Monty Red and Black Chrome Hotness

well, thanks to all your enthusiasm about the wheels and tires im getting them! Im not ,but my girlfriend saw me looking at them and surprised me this morning with the good news. Birthday Present!!! WOOT!!!!!

:partydance::partyspin::banannadance::banannasword::banannarainbow:

Dude... Rock on. Can't wait to see them. I'm sure you'll love the tires, and being bigger will only add to the happy that we installed last night.

I will say though... Good luck gettin a floor jack under that bad boy to change them out!!! :lol

You need a hand, you know where to find me....

Dude... Rock on. Can't wait to see them. I'm sure you'll love the tires, and being bigger will only add to the happy that we installed last night.

I will say though... Good luck gettin a floor jack under that bad boy to change them out!!! :lol

You need a hand, you know where to find me....

Heck Yes!

SO, the guy who was selling the black chrome wheels decided to change his mind about the price.... trying to screw over christine... So, after a great conversation and a few colorful adjectives and such, im on the hunt for new wheels and tires... i cant believe he was trying to take advantage of her lack of knowledge on the subject. Figures. douchebag. im thinking about high polish Z06 wheels now... i dunno.

SO, the guy who was selling the black chrome wheels decided to change his mind about the price.... trying to screw over christine... So, after a great conversation and a few colorful adjectives and such, im on the hunt for new wheels and tires... i cant believe he was trying to take advantage of her lack of knowledge on the subject. Figures. douchebag. im thinking about high polish Z06 wheels now... i dunno.

You still have a keeper though!!! :yesnod

You still have a keeper though!!! :yesnod

yes, i do indeed.

well that was quick! Thanks to Christine and 1EvilC5, on friday, ill be the owner of a nice set of gray speedline Z06 wheels! they should look nice on the black car.

I think the black chrome will be fine if you black out the lights too.

Otherwise, I like your stockers.