Which Headers?

Guest Z01Mike

Guest Z01Mike

since i am learning i have decided to go with LG headers over Kooks! Unless someone else can tell me why i shouldn't! But which LG set is the better? The street series or the pro long tubes?

The difference is:

Streets are 1 3/4" tubing off the heads

Pro's are 1 7/8" tubing off the heads

As far as which to get it depends on how high you are eventually going to go with your power. I'm not positive on the numbers, but you can push some decent numbers through the Streets. The Pro's are for those BIG HP guys.

I put the streets in mine and love them. They were also very easy to install compared to some of the other brands that people have struggled getting in (fittment wise).

Guest Sidewinder

The biggest diff is the the merge collector. Streets are cheaper because they don't have a merge collector in them. The Pros have a VERY GOOD merge collector in them and you can expect more HP/TQ from the Pros due to the scavenging affect of said collector.

If it was me...I'd get the ones with the collector.

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog/produ...products_id=932

http://www.lgmotorsports.com/catalog/produ...231bf3fc2a7a9b5

LG's are nice id get the pro's if you get LG's otherwise save your self a few hundred bucks and go with Kooks and get very similar results :)

We used SLP L/T on the GTO. 1 ¾” Primaries with a 3.0” collector.

I saw one of those had the off road pipes. I thought those were not legal to sell anywhere. I know that T-Byrne had to quit selling them some time ago……

Andrew

Guest Sidewinder
We used SLP L/T on the GTO. 1 ¾” Primaries with a 3.0” collector.

I saw one of those had the off road pipes. I thought those were not legal to sell anywhere. I know that T-Byrne had to quit selling them some time ago……

Andrew

Andrew,

You might be thinking of 02 sims. Can't buy those anywhere.

I was checking my old confirmation emails and your right Mark, it’s the sims not the off road pipe……..

Andrew