Bisbee Cruise pics and vids

dewey

Good pics... Now where's Rich with the standard 422 photos?

I told you the cameras stayed in the car, the others needed to post theirs today.

The tune seemed to mellow the car out, everything seemed smoother, not as responsive?

And it did ping going up the hill to the tunnel, didn't hear it after that.

How far did the cop follow you?

Here's what happened with the cop, funnier than, well, when Tanya posts :cfdeadagain

He was with us, IIRC, through Tombstone, and everyone was behaving, being nice, not passing some white hybrid looking thing doing about 5 under. Once we got to some clear road, I saw the lights come on...thinking uh oh, but couldn't figure out what it was, since we were being really, really nice. Then he went and pulled out, passed Chris, and pulled over the whatever it was...only thing I could guess would be impeding traffic. Sure as heck wasn't speeding.

Who really knows, I have no clue, but it wasn't one of us.

Needless to say, speed increased a bit after that.

Good pics and looks like a fun ride.

If he pulled that guy over for impeding traffic I'd like to pat him on the back and buy him a beer. You just don't see that.

Not only did he pull that guy over for impeding traffic (big pat on da back...) but he gave us the thumbs up and waved us by. Way cool DPS guy. I first spotted him way back in Bisbee, and had to get everyone under control before we blasted through the tunnel again. He was behnd us for another 10 miles or so before he popped the Kia for driving miss Daisy.

Now it's all coming back to me.

I saw him coming up the hill turning onto the main drag there, and I was a little nervous because I wasn't exactly sure I came to a 'complete' stop, and I was thinking damn, sure wish I had one of those walkie talkie thingies, 'cause I just knew, KNEW I tell ya, that Tony was gonna crank her up in the tunnel again.

However, he went on by me, and was right in the middle of the pack in the tunnel, but I could still hear Tony revvin' her up all the way at the back of the pack.

It was all show, however, just a lot, and I mean a LOT of noise...

Nice pixs, and great storys... I bet the trip would have been better with a little side trip to Duncan. :thankyouthankyou:

Guest racingchester

Thanks for the pix Dewey. Great trip, well worth it. Met some great people. Hope to take in a Tucson event again soon..... Chuck

All,

I had a great time! It was nice to meet all of you. I look forward to the next event. I hope all of you had fun. The tunnel was great btw!

Tony- good to meet you as well. You and your buddies. We'll have to go rip it up again sometime. I mean, go on a nice sghtceeing cruise while obeying all of the local traffic laws... Just like yesterday....

After seeing your car yesterday, I think I'm going to order the 12" rears in 18's. I don't have the coin to do the full 18/19 swap at the moment, and I really don't want to wait that long to get the 12's on the back.

Sweet car dude... TTYS

I only got a few pics at the Shell in the morning, but here they are...

DSC01426.jpg

DSC01427.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

DSC01429.jpg

DSC01430.jpg

DSC01431.jpg

DSC01432.jpg

DSC01433.jpg

DSC01434.jpg

That's it, that's all I got.

Tony- good to meet you as well. You and your buddies. We'll have to go rip it up again sometime. I mean, go on a nice sghtceeing cruise while obeying all of the local traffic laws... Just like yesterday....

After seeing your car yesterday, I think I'm going to order the 12" rears in 18's. I don't have the coin to do the full 18/19 swap at the moment, and I really don't want to wait that long to get the 12's on the back.

Sweet car dude... TTYS

It was nice to meet you too buddy. I love the stance of you car btw! We wern't driving fast, someone just left off a number 1 infront of all of the posted speed limit signs lol.

Tony, being number five in this group was a real challenge. If the back half didn't get cut off at the beginning, we would have lost them anyhow. Some BIG numbers on the HUD catching up when passing some of the other cars on the road, and some deep indentations on the handrest from the passenger on this one. She wouldn't let go to get the camera and take any pictures.....

Rich, yer gonna have to get her some dramamine or something... We NEED those triple digit pics.... I spent the whole day leading, or following only 1 car so I was remiss on getting any action shots...

Tony, being number five in this group was a real challenge. If the back half didn't get cut off at the beginning, we would have lost them anyhow. Some BIG numbers on the HUD catching up when passing some of the other cars on the road, and some deep indentations on the handrest from the passenger on this one. She wouldn't let go to get the camera and take any pictures.....

Hmm... What's that saying... If it's too loud, you're too... I can't remember.... hmm...

So, you still feeling like the programmer slowed you down? Is it getting better?

Hmm... maybe we need to read through the manual... Does it shift better? The autos are supposed to be a blast after a program. Mine's a 6spd, so the shifting was of course no different, but I could feel the difference on my butt dyno, and on the Dynojet dyno, it was good for like 20 rwhp. I tested it both ways to know for sure.

Next time we're together, let's play with it. Um, the programmer...

Here's what happened with the cop, funnier than, well, when Tanya posts :cfdeadagain

He was with us, IIRC, through Tombstone, and everyone was behaving, being nice, not passing some white hybrid looking thing doing about 5 under. Once we got to some clear road, I saw the lights come on...thinking uh oh, but couldn't figure out what it was, since we were being really, really nice. Then he went and pulled out, passed Chris, and pulled over the whatever it was...only thing I could guess would be impeding traffic. Sure as heck wasn't speeding.

Who really knows, I have no clue, but it wasn't one of us.

Needless to say, speed increased a bit after that.

That horrid white hunk of junk that was INDEED impeading traffic was a dodge caliber.