one C6 Z06 disappointment

3,503 lbs of trouble

3,503 lbs of trouble

...but aesthetics are as important to me as performance in thee overall appeal of a car.

Last night we has a black C6 Z06 test car parked next to the entrance of the building I work out of at the proving ground. So, on break I got a good look at it. The steering wheel design has been changed from the style in the '05 C6s, which I think was needed, but the steering wheel they are now using is the exact same one found in the Saturn Vue Hybrid I've been testing the past week! The only difference is the one in the Vette is leather wrapped, otherwise the same.

I'm sorry, but it's a $75K+ top of the line Chevrolet/GM flagship automobile, and it's got the same steering wheel as a Saturn. WTF? For that kind of $$ I'd expect to be seen in something that does not resemble the rest of the pack in ANY way. Guess they don't remember their own history when they pulled this stunt 30 years ago on the '76.

On top of the steering wheel, the rest of the C6 dash has an uncanny resemblance to the dash in the Vue as well. I know times are tough at GM these days, but Cheese & Rice!

I know. It's a stupid rant, but I can't shoot holes in the car's performance.

Lets see..... the C6 Z06 dash and steering wheel are the same as the Vue you're testing???? How does that Vue perform? Maybe you're actually testing a Z06 in Vue clothing? :lol:lol

Okay, Okay, I guess we all know the General better than that! :crazy

Lets see..... the C6 Z06 dash and steering wheel are the same as the Vue you're testing???? How does that Vue perform? Maybe you're actually testing a Z06 in Vue clothing? :lol:lol

Okay, Okay, I guess we all know the General better than that! :crazy

That is the same "General" that put the Vega steering wheel in the mid '70's Corvettes. Boy, did that piss some people off.

Didn't the original C6 steering wheel come out of the G6?

Guest AZ Power & Sound

Maybe the Z06 had the stuff first, then they wanted to make the Vue seem like a sportier car so they added the Z06 steering wheel and dash as a performance option!

In the C5,

the radio is the same as the s-10....

and the door handles are the same as the olds Alero....

why are you suprised.

3,503 lbs of trouble

OMG, if you drove this Vue you'd know there would be NO confusing it for a Z06, or a C6 Coupe, or Cobalt, or a go cart, or even a golf cart! Sluggish would be an understatement.

But I must admit I prefer driving the Vue over the police package Impala and Solstice we are currently testing, because the Vue's radio and A/C work! Ahh, the little things are so important...

Guest 1FASTC4

Forgive me, I feel fro your concern but I'm having a hard time getting over the part about how you are working out at a proving ground.... visions of laps dancing in my head.

:drinkers

Forgive me, I feel fro your concern but I'm having a hard time getting over the part about how you are working out at a proving ground.... visions of laps dancing in my head.

I don't think it's everything we all dream and wish for. Taking a Saturn or a Malibu for 40-50 mph laps for an entire night is not what I would call fun.

3,503 lbs of trouble

I don't think it's everything we all dream and wish for. Taking a Saturn or a Malibu for 40-50 mph laps for an entire night is not what I would call fun.

There are only 18 laps on the track per night... but they involve stopping, then going 30 MPH for 2/10ths of a mile, then stopping, then going 50 for 3/10ths of a mile, then stopping, then going 2/10ths of a mile again, and this pattern continues for about a mile and a half, then you stop, shut off the engine, start it back up, go in reverse 50', stop, go forward 50', stop, and repeat 3 times, then move on at 30 MPH for another 2/10ths of a mile, etc. 'till the lap is done. Then you start again... I do this from 11 PM - 3 AM, then again from 6 - 7 AM. :crazy:banghead:ack -_-

Nothing like being in rush hour traffic 5 hours per night.... all by yourself! That does not include my commute home from work on the West bound 60 from Ellsworth to the I10 at 7:30 AM. :mad

Damn I miss driving for Mercedes!

Guest Kens06

I'm sorry crew!!

Chevy interiors are always going to be CHEVY interiors!!

If you want to pay double the price for a car with a lot less of the new Z's potential, get in line for a Porche and get your ass handed to you in every aspect except 'the interior is so-o-o- sweet!!!!

I'd love thicker leather on the seats so my fat ass wouldn't rub the finish off the bolster!

But , I can buy a top of the line seat cover for $100 that will take care of that problem!!

$65-73K seems like a great price to me................

I will have one!!

Ken

Guest 1FASTC4

My vision was of him letting me sneak my vette onto the track. don't try to ruin it w/ descriptions of reality!