Extreme Hybrid

jstrutt

So would we, my wife drives 7 miles to work. Would never need gas for commuting. Will have to see what the final price will be.

But if you still have to plug it in, the electricity to charge the batteries has to come from somewhere (your house), there by raising your electric bill. So how does it save you anything?

But if you still have to plug it in, the electricity to charge the batteries has to come from somewhere (your house), there by raising your electric bill. So how does it save you anything?

It would be an interesting experiment. How long does it take to charge a car battery? Not long......so you put it on a timer. Here, when it's cold we plug in block heaters that run all night so the car starts. My electric bill is less then $70 a month during winter and $20 in summer. I would still buy one. With the world governments crying about polution and the greenhouse effect they should make up any price difference. They sit there bawling about oil prices, oil supplies, etc. but where are they involved in something that has the potential to save $$$ and the environment? The CNN report stated the car would cost about $32,000.